Bagels at a Bar mitzvah Part II

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I agree with Krafty. Appeal, appeal, appeal, Motion for relief of whatever, for new trial, then appeal again, then go to federal courts. My Judgement for Foreclosure was in Nov 2018. I am still here after 5 years, I am in bk court, still have an appeal pending in the state court, and when I am done with the Federal courts, I’ll file a tor case in sate court if my house is sold. Just keep fighting. It’s not over till the sheriff kicks you out. They have an advantage in the state court because of the holder status. They can fake the note then the judge agrees that it looks real then grant a foreclosure judgement. In bk they have to prove injury and there is none.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
After letting the ruling digest a couple weeks and letting my anger subside and going through my remaining options none of which were very optimistic after the Court had specifically allowed a sale to go forward. That destroyed most of my other plans. Suffering from major battle fatigue I needed to pull a rabbit out of a hat and couldn't find the hat. Then doing what I suppose we all do, looking around my home with the thought of it and all its memories being gone forever, looking at my extensive animal family thinking I'd let them down and where could I find families to love them? That would break my heart forever.

Then something unexpected happened: the bank offered a modification. Strange, they're looking at a windfall, my property has skyrocketed in value, they'd walk away with $1.4 million. There was little I could do to effectively stop them except a short term BK. How curious that they would all of a sudden do something seemingly decent. I'm kind of mind blown.

Ok, but this couldn't have been done out of decency, that's not what banks do, so what's going on? Do they have some weakness that I'm unaware of that worth letting the money go?

It's a relief but nowhere near a victory of course, they still induced default, deprived me of my contract rights, cost me a ton of money, stole years of my life and broke the law. If it wasn't for Bozo the judge who snoozed through Contracts 101, justice might have been possible. But on the plus side I'm likely to retain my sanity, my pets and my home and maybe get back to a life without the constant stress of being at war against outrageous odds. In the end it was the arrogance of the courts that was the greatest obstacle, impeding justice in their ignorance. Well, I still have a plan and I'm not giving up the fight.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
They have an advantage in the state court because of the holder status. They can fake the note then the judge agrees that it looks real then grant a foreclosure judgement. In bk they have to prove injury and there is none.
I always thought it was opposite in that banks preferred federal courts because of jurisdiction? They can practice cases across state lines easier. Plus everyone is practicing same rules and laws (although most states are modeled after federal with some nuances.) I'm not sure why holder status is easer in States? (absent DOTs)

My State has now adopted Lujan (federal standing) and there has to be an cognizable interest, injury in fact and redressability. I did try pleading that I did not cause their injury, was not in default. Pointed out the account line item errors and excess interest charges. Pointed out the breach of contract. Contractual interference. Etc. They don't care. I've still got fight but there squeeze is by playing dirty. I had to order an official copy of the zoom record. At least the judge doesn't control that one. lol The AV dept does.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
I'm glad your relieved Isisis!
I got digest some on this question...

Ok, but this couldn't have been done out of decency, that's not what banks do, so what's going on? Do they have some weakness that I'm unaware of that worth letting the money go?

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
I always thought it was opposite in that banks preferred federal courts because of jurisdiction? They can practice cases across state lines easier. Plus everyone is practicing same rules and laws (although most states are modeled after federal with some nuances.) I'm not sure why holder status is easer in States? (absent DOTs)

My State has now adopted Lujan (federal standing) and there has to be an cognizable interest, injury in fact and redressability. I did try pleading that I did not cause their injury, was not in default. Pointed out the account line item errors and excess interest charges. Pointed out the breach of contract. Contractual interference. Etc. They don't care. I've still got fight but there squeeze is by playing dirty. I had to order an official copy of the zoom record. At least the judge doesn't control that one. lol The AV dept does.
Holder status is easier in states because they merely need to give the appearance of it--the courts generally seem to tend to buy into it with just a prima facie showing. I have literally been given about a dozen different names of "who is the actual holder" by the servicers. They change it every time I speak with them. Further, I have documentation that THEY gave me showing their client isnt a trustee or a trust, but a private company. But because they doctored up a fake "Assignment of mortgage" using LPS Desktop to create it and pass it around, and some guy with no clue about anything in this case signed it as part of a stack of probably hundreds at a time, the courts have so far allowed this charade to continue.

When you get to BK court, it's a different deal. It's funny, the lawyer in this case actually pretends they are in the right when she has contradicted her own claims before the court. "we have the note in our possession"...."we didnt have the note even when we filed suit"....then, one servicer--"the note was never lost, we have it and can produce it in court if necessary"....."please note, a lost note affidavit is only a legal precaution IN CASE the note gets lost in transfer".....then, ANOTHER servicer---"please note, the note has never been lost"......followed by "the statement that the note has not been lost was in error".....

And all of that flip flopping is in addition to the fact that these clowns have sent me all sorts of documentation proving they have no clue what they are talking about. Also, keep in mind that it's often harder to prove a negative, as in, "ABC does not actually hold the note", because to do so, you usually need to have some sort of evidence as to who DOES hold it. And unless they really screw up, they won't release that evidence to you. I mean, think about it, you're in discovery. What would you know to ask for? Unless you already have something in your possession that points to a specific party, you're relying on them to fully respond to your request and when they do not, you'd never know it.

Except in my case, someone already let the cat out of the bag on their end....a few times.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
From what I found in browsing detail loan level payments of numerous subprime trusts, the servicing right owners (likely to be Ocwen, NewRez) are stealing from the trusts. Like my loan, the trust's balance show $170K with original loan number but they file a claim with diff account number asking for $570K. If the claim were allowed, they would take the $570K and pay off the $170K and pocket the $400K (NewRez bought my servicing right for $800, eight hundred dollars). I also looked up another Countrywide loan for another pro se, his statement shows a balance of $700K but the trust balance only shows $350K. A lot of Countrywide trusts are still publicly traded so the info is up to date. So if you have this data you can present to the court, they will go away because they don't want the scheme to be exposed. My fellow pro se still in his house. A lot more difficult to prove if the trust is private and/or already re-securitized. The opposing attorney in my case is so dumb, he is risking $10,000 to get $1.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Well as far as my experience in State Court goes, I will have to agree on those points. With my evidence and all, (confident) I'm still stunned that the Court's resolution was to not only rule against me without findings, but manage to provide its own, novel, "end of litigation" procedure. I can't really see fighting this in B@nkrpty but it may come to that. Very doubtful they would have an issue waiting out the stay and then reschedule sale in 30 days or less.

I just hate that the judges are so corrupt. And, plus, I wanna know who decided that a prima facie case doesn't require proof? I actually challenged that directly. Guess what? It does. (require proof) If you deny or object, then they must prove. The burden of evidence is on them. I had someone (MC) "back track" trying to tell me that "prima facie" was all that was needed. Well, maybe all that is needed to FILE the suit. These legal misinterpretations are BS.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
...I'm also wondering about the various states that require both, assignment of mortgage AND the note... where other states that have ONLY the note is needed.

This revision allowed banks to proceed on improper assignments (illegality waived) by only being required to prove possession of the note. However, what is the arrogance of "I don't need possession before I file?"

I still think there can be claims made on use of robosigners.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
...I'm also wondering about the various states that require both, assignment of mortgage AND the note... where other states that have ONLY the note is needed.

This revision allowed banks to proceed on improper assignments (illegality waived) by only being required to prove possession of the note. However, what is the arrogance of "I don't need possession before I file?"

I still think there can be claims made on use of robosigners.
Well, in my case, they skipped out on their obligation as lawyers to always exercise candor before the court, and counted on us not being lawyers. They were required to provide "best evidence". In the complaint, they simply stated that they were providing a copy of a note. They did not inform the court for nearly 5 years of their claim that the note had been lost. All the while, during that nearly 5 years, their "servicer" kept claiming to me that the note had never been lost, that they could bring it to court if need be.

Fast forward to their first MSJ attempt, summer of 2017. All of a sudden, they tell the court that the note had been lost....over 5 years ago at that point. They declared it lost in June 2012. They filed in January 2013. They told the court in August 2017. And again, they kept telling me it was not lost, even though they sent me notice in 2014 that it had been lost.

Of course, the lawyer I'm fighting in this actually wrote in a motion to the court that the note was in her client's possession...she NOW flipped on that and said that the note was lost before they ever filed the suit.

But what about the assignment? Well, that's a problem for them too. See, in my state, there's a separate legal requirement for ALL issues where a power of attorney is required. The authority of the power of attorney can be challenged. For some actions, there MUST be "express authority" granted to do that specific task. To make the endorsements on the assignment of mortgage "as attorney in fact for......", that signing party MUST, in my state, demonstrate that it had express authority granted. Some court cases here even state that, while POA can be in any form, such grant of the required express authority MUST be in writing and proveable. Check your state's laws, you might find similar.

In my case, they cannot demonstrate that express authority. US Bank Trust has not, by its own written admission, participated in this suit. So, the servicer acting as their agent MUST demonstrate this express authority granted to do these things. They have not provided any power of attorney. They have claimed they don't need to. So once again, the court would have to ignore our civil procedure to give them a win. The signature on the assignment itself can be presumed valid for purpose of the assignment itself....but the civil procedure code which requires express authority cannot be simply blown off or ignored.

This is somewhat similar to what happened with Belmont in the Florida case, where the defendant's counsel objected to the POA based on the fact that the pretender plaintiffs bring in an employee of the servicer to lay the foundation for, and authenticate, the POA, and that simply is insufficient. Why? Simple. Suppose you give me a POA as your agent, to act on your behalf. But you limit my authority to act in your representation. What's to stop me from writing up my own POA "granting" me more authority than you did, and then "authenticating" it in court? The POA MUST be authenticated by the party giving it, not the agent it was given to. In the Florida case, the defendant won because they could not authenticate the POA. In some ways, the same applies here, and likely in your state too. It isnt enough to present a document. That document must be authentic and proper foundation established. If/when they cannot, we must object to it and request it be stricken from the record.

Also, be wary of who they send to authenticate anything. The foreclosure mill I'm up against already knowingly used an affidavit that was a complete fraud, in that the "employee" who signed and swore to its contents is not even an employee of the servicer. I sent email to make them aware and had a phone conversation with the paralegal....and they did nothing. Turns out, now that affiant's identity and their actual employer are now known. And it's not what they claimed in their affidavit. If you find yourself dealing with a similar issue, check your state's rules of professional conduct. The American Bar Association's model rules, which are quite similar to the ones in my state, state the following:

RULE 3.3--CANDOR TOWARD THE TRIBUNAL

"

(a) A lawyer shall not knowingly:

(1) make a false statement of fact or law to a tribunal or fail to correct a false statement of material fact or law previously made to the tribunal by the lawyer;
(2) fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the controlling jurisdiction known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel; or
(3) offer evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. If a lawyer, the lawyer’s client, or a witness called by the lawyer, has offered material evidence and the lawyer comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures, including, if necessary, disclosure to the tribunal. A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence, other than the testimony of a defendant in a criminal matter, that the lawyer reasonably believes is false."

When the witnesses lie, and their attorney is made aware of that lie, that attorney has a DUTY to address the matter. In my case, they were made aware, said nothing to the court, and relied solely upon the faulty affidavit anyway. Now, they didn't win, but their duty does not change based on whether their MSJ that relied upon that affidavit was granted or not. They willingly relied upon an affidavit they had at least reason to double check prior to using it. And I know they didnt double check it because if they had, they would have learned what their affiant was caught admitting herself--that she works for a completely separate company and is acting like a subservicer would.

At the end of the day, go back to the basics. What are the required elements they must prove to win? How are they attempting to prove them? Is it legitimate? Is it even legal? Look at each one. Examine the road they must take to prove it. Look at how they are trying to do so. The holes ARE there in more cases than we can count.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
But what about the assignment? Well, that's a problem for them too. See, in my state, there's a separate legal requirement for ALL issues where a power of attorney is required. The authority of the power of attorney can be challenged. For some actions, there MUST be "express authority" granted to do that specific task. To make the endorsements on the assignment of mortgage "as attorney in fact for......", that signing party MUST, in my state, demonstrate that it had express authority granted. Some court cases here even state that, while POA can be in any form, such grant of the required express authority MUST be in writing and proveable. Check your state's laws, you might find similar.

In my case, they cannot demonstrate that express authority. US Bank Trust has not, by its own written admission, participated in this suit. So, the servicer acting as their agent MUST demonstrate this express authority granted to do these things. They have not provided any power of attorney. They have claimed they don't need to. So once again, the court would have to ignore our civil procedure to give them a win. The signature on the assignment itself can be presumed valid for purpose of the assignment itself....but the civil procedure code which requires express authority cannot be simply blown off or ignored.

At the end of the day, go back to the basics. What are the required elements they must prove to win? How are they attempting to prove them? Is it legitimate? Is it even legal? Look at each one. Examine the road they must take to prove it. Look at how they are trying to do so. The holes ARE there in more cases than we can count.
I found something interesting going through my closing file that applies to assignments and the closing attorney. I believe this (closing instruction) documents that assignments are to be done at closing. This would make the closing attorney the POA for the transaction on the assignment. If the "prepared by" and "return to" is by someone different, then it is not an original document by an original POA.

So, yeah, this would require a different POA authorization as its very unlikely that a POA is transferable and a Lender would require a new one. A lender who operates lawfully, would want this key verification, to at minimum, protect itself. A trustee would want the document as part of the trust. So I can understand how a blank assignment would be a part of the original documentation. Without proof of original documentation, and use of original documentation (cough, the note) then why would this not be a frivolous foreclosure and without standing?

Only the party with access to originals is going to have certain proofs. When servicing agents falsify, create, or re-create these assignments, they need authority.

I did notice, some time ago, that Ocwen's resolution was a cut and pasted document of multiple "groups" of trusts. (POA authority filed in land records) It's as if they added what they needed. The total document was faxed over several times. And shrunk. The typical hard to read falsified doc of authority. (always hard to read and copies of faxes is just a priceless way to hide and obscure)

This POA was then filed in Florida. From there, the Florida filing was transferred to other States records. In my State, and others as well, a foreign document (recorded by a different state's clerk) is presumed valid. And. Also. The same with foreign notaries. Something about reciprocity. However, it is not reciprocal until its filed and becomes a matter of record. These are not retroactive.

I looked it up in my States online land record search. Ocwen did, in fact, record this document around 3 months prior to foreclosing. Self protectionism, right? I did have one friend actually win on the assignment issue. The assignment was not filed prior to lawsuit. The subsequently refiled so the date of the assignment was no longer an issue. He then wanted the bank to prove their authority on the assignment (POA). Of course, the judge declared that opposing counsel was "not required to prove their law license to him!!!" lol She totally derailed and refused to recognize the issue! Judges really conflate in order to help banks around here (and probably there too). This judge even put that in the written ruling.

After this, the courts sought to redefine "who and what" was key for "standing" and threw out the "assignment must be filed" prior to foreclosure. Now its a non-issue. Here. For now. But I did find it interesting to find this document in my closing file. It lends an element of proof against a questionable signer. You need various proofs of what should be. And of course, this is sometimes hard to find. My proofs regard how to authenticate the note. But yes, there is a separate means to authenticate which name should be there on an assignment in your loan closing file.

Plus, attorney misconduct references are always good to have

Attachments

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
I have my original wet ink mortgage & note In possession. They are different than what has been used by the Plaintiffs in Fraudclosure , as they are just copies, but I do remember signing two sets of both, so I’m not sure if my original wet ink documents will help me prove anything.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
I have my original wet ink mortgage & note In possession. They are different than what has been used by the Plaintiffs in Fraudclosure , as they are just copies, but I do remember signing two sets of both, so I’m not sure if my original wet ink documents will help me prove anything.
Maybe. It depends on what type of affidavit you can get to prove they are originals. This would be your best evidence. A sworn affirmation as to authenticity. You can do this yourself but more helpful to have closing agent do it. (if they still exist or are not part of a scheme) Of course, asking the lender who is foreclosing could lead to issues. I do know there are ways to prove ink over photocopies. Odd though that my lender also had me sign doubles (one for me and one for them) while the closing doc say to only sign one original. Otherwise, what's to stop an unscrupulous mortgage broker from selling two (or more) notes if you don't get the other "original" signed document?

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I sent this this morning. I figured got nothing to lose. Let the big boys fight each other. That's why I said the dumb attorney was risking $10,000 to get $1. Imagine if ResCap LQ Trust sues Ocwen and NewRez. I wonder how much NewRex stock would drop?

Attachments

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I have a response to my claim objection. I'll file a reply tomorrow morning. The Client (NewRez) will probably chew out the law firm and attorney because they are so dumb. The false claim may cost millions of dollars. Scheduled hearing in two weeks. I'll be interesting.... Preparing for the worst, reading BK Appellate Rules.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I filed my Reply yesterday. Anybody who is interest can look it up under my name. Honestly, I feel sorry for all people involved including the state court judge who granted the foreclosure judgment. They all were fooled by the grand scheme. The people who are laughing their butts off are in NY , at Rithm Capital Corporation headquarter.

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
I filed my Reply yesterday. Anybody who is interest can look it up under my name. Honestly, I feel sorry for all people involved including the state court judge who granted the foreclosure judgment. They all were fooled by the grand scheme. The people who are laughing their butts off are in NY , at Rithm Capital Corporation headquarter.
Do NOT feel sorry for these Public Parasites dressed up in Robes. At a minimum they know their pensions paid by the Homeowners they Fraudclose on, are involved and they will never allow their House of Cards Ponzi to collapse on their decision.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Do NOT feel sorry for these Public Parasites dressed up in Robes. At a minimum they know their pensions paid by the Homeowners they Fraudclose on, are involved and they will never allow their House of Cards Ponzi to collapse on their decision.
Yeah, my my judge collect $95,000 /year pension. That's why I 'd rather live in my van than pay property taxes no matter win or lose.