Ways to Stop Foreclosure

maryseas

LoanSafe Member
Aug 2, 2010
Mo,

I was an attorney here in Oregon and he told me that it was not possible to "force" a modification through the courts. I can't make my payments and B of A is really jerking me around and now have me in Foreclosure Dept and won't take any more payments from me. I'm really upset and filed a complaint with the OCC, emailed the office of the President, and filed a discrimination complaint with HUD due to my disability and inability to continue to fax and mail the same documents they keep asking me for. The HAmP rules were violated when they denied me the modification, and they then lied to me about an in-house modification, cancelling it and telling me to come back when I have more income. I have a 30% increase in income, and they still refuse to let me re-apply for HAMP and won't re-open an in-house modification. Today I learned they had incorrect information in the file re: my debt load, and finally their computer says they'll send me a modificaton package, but I don't believe them at this point. I'm ready to complain everywhere! I'm going to send a RESPA complaint tomorrow since they failed to apply a full payment I made just prior to sending in the Hamp application. That caused them to retroactively refigure my escrow, upping my payment, which of course screwed up all the numBers for HAMP. BUT THEY WAITED 5 months to deny the Hamp, and said I then had too much forebearance at that point since I followed their agreement and made only partial payments. This was a scam and a trap, and was definately designed to screw me up. I am sooooo pissed! Do you know an attorney who can handle a chapter 13 who knows that a forced modification can be done? I don't need to file bankruptcy, but what the heck. my credit is now royally screwed thanks to B of A. It was good when I started, I was current on all payments. Now they've managed to really screw my credit score and have me trapped into a foreclosure position. These people deserve to be convicted of fraud and I'll be cheering when they are!!!

maryseas

LoanSafe Member
Aug 2, 2010
Social,

Isn't there a 3 yr time limit on the RESPA and TILA stuff? My loan is over 3 yrs old. Who is your attorney for chapter 13. I'm looking for a good one.

smatthews

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2011
Moe, or any of the atty's here... we are in foreclosure, and literally due to a Chase error. Because of an error on escrow, our payment went up $400 a month. They finally got it corrected for us in Jan, but did not update the system for the new payment amount, and although all the CS people can see it in the 'notes', the system has not been applying payments because it's not the "full" amount, and it went into suspense. Not to mention we have a couple thousands overage in escrow. None the less, we're now in foreclosure as of last Friday. They cannot tell me how they will fix it, they do not know how because apparently none of the depts have anyway of communicating with each other. Chase reps have indicated to me, many times they see the mistake, it's Chase's error and that they are sorry. But that doesn't keep me out of foreclosure unless they fix it. There is an article running on CNN tomorrow or Tuesday about my story. Does anyone know what to do or who could help me?