Transfer to Ocwen: Question about SAM

belster

LoanSafe Member
Apr 28, 2013
My mortgage was recently transferred to Ocwen from AHMSI. I had been working with AHMSI to get a modification which was taking forever! In the meanwhile I was ready to resume making payments but they would not take payments from me. We are 15 payments behind.

Ocwen has been great! They have set me up with a relationship manager which I have been speaking with weekly. We were denied from the HAMP because we now make enough money to pay our mortgage but don't have 15 payments in the bank to get caught up. I see they offer the SAM which seems like a WONDERFUL option.

My question is...does everyone qualify for that? Are there stipulations? We were already on HAMP from years ago..when we lost an income we got behind and could not get caught up. We can pay now...I just need those lates taken care of. My hope is that Ocwen can help! Does anyone know the criteria for the SAM?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kelly

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Ocwen has been great! They have set me up with a relationship manager which I have been speaking with weekly. We were denied from the HAMP because we now make enough money to pay our mortgage but don't have 15 payments in the bank to get caught up. I see they offer the SAM which seems like a WONDERFUL option.

My question is...does everyone qualify for that? Are there stipulations? We were already on HAMP from years ago..when we lost an income we got behind and could not get caught up. We can pay now...I just need those lates taken care of. My hope is that Ocwen can help! Does anyone know the criteria for the SAM?
Welcome and thanks for joining the community belster.

Ocwen generally processes loan modifications in a timely matter and it'll probably be about 30-90 days after applying before a decision is made. We have MANY others here who have received a modification under the SAM Program, and you will find everything you need to know about the program in the following thread:

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/loan-modification/41070-ocwen-shared-appreciation-modification-sam-anyone-have-any-information-7.html