Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions

NACA Answers5

LoanSafe Member
Jan 20, 2010
1. Status Updates?
There are two options: either contact NACA's member services at 1-800-602-4222 to find out the status of your modification or the member can check on the NACA website and check their status themselves, with their NACA ID and password (if you don't know/have a password-place your email address into the field and NACA will send your password to your email within minutes).

2. I've accepted my offer online one month ago and still have no response or documents?
Make an appointment online to speak with a negotiator to inform them that you have accepted the offer. In some cases we may have to contact the servicer and accept the deal for you; in either case after a negotiator has contacted your servicer a response time is 10-15 business days to recieve documents.

3. When will I receive my paperwork?
After the proposal is reviewed and accepted it normally takes 10-15 business days to recieve your documents.

4. What additional documents do I need?
Check into our website; pull up your file with your NACA ID and password and view what documents are still needed and fax those to NACA.

5. Why do I have to submit updated paperwork?
If it has been more than 60 days since submission, the servicer may request the most recent paystubs, mortgage statements, or homeowners insurance declaration page, hardship affidavit form or whatever your servicer may request to verify if any information has changed.

6. I'm at the end of my forbearance period , now what do I do?
If you have kept your payments (if any were required) in a timely manner, continue to make those payments. You will need to fax in to NACA your most recent paystubs or evidence of debt expense reduction, speak with a homesave counselor and have them re-work your budget and re-submit your file so that when the servicer reviews it for the permanent solution the updated information is there to be analyzed.

7. This is not the amount offered at the event?
This may happen if the information provided to NACA at the events has been adjusted or changed, which would cause the servicer to adjust their plan. (This is why it is important to keep the NACA budget near if the servicer should call you after the event; the numbers don't change) Your servicer may do appraisal on your property which may affect the plan they put together for you. In either case, make an appointment with a negotiator if you would like to discuss this in detail.

8. Why did I get denied?
Please schedule an appointment with NACA negotiator through the NACA website; there are often different reasons for different members.

9. The amount is still unaffordable?
Please schedule an appointment with NACA negotiator to have them review your file, budget, and income calculations and possibly re-submit your file to the servicer.

10. Where do I mail my forbearance payments?
You should receive a payment plan with the address to mail the payments to prior to your 1st payment, if this does not occur and it is approaching the 1st payment date, contact your servicer and speak with their Loss Mitigation Department for the address. If that fails make an appointment with a negotiator to have them research the address for you.

BONUS
What do I do if I have a trial modification agreement?
These are typically given as a qualification for a permanent solution, once you begin your trial plan, continue to make the payments after the 3-4 month trial as these will tend to become your regular payments. The only requirement you have is to fax in new financial documents so that we may update your file so that this becomes your permanent solution.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a few threads that I stuck to the top of our NACA section so it will be much easier for others to find:)

cute101

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2008
hi, just want to ask if the service is free. i read on the agreement that we have to pay a memebership fee depending on the amt of the loan. does it apply to loan modification or restructuring of the loan. thanks

NACA Answers5

LoanSafe Member
Jan 20, 2010
hi, just want to ask if the service is free. i read on the agreement that we have to pay a memebership fee depending on the amt of the loan. does it apply to loan modification or restructuring of the loan. thanks
NACA services are free for homesave program. The only fee is for purchase program.

cute101

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2008
hi, i have difficulty putting my information on the naca website like everytime i fill up the hardship affidavit after i completed it wont let me sign electronically but instead a save sign shows up and if i click on save & next it will say the browser has expired and to log in again.it was twice already and i cannot go back to check the other steps that i did. it was very frustating .im i doing something wrong .i really want to finish it up but everytime, i have to do it all over again.i even have my name as co borrower and primary.does anybody has the same problem im encountering.sorry but its really frustrating. need help.

NACA Answers5

LoanSafe Member
Jan 20, 2010
cute101 you can print off the 1021 form and fax it in with coversheet or i can send you a copy of the form and if you need further assistance, you can email me your name and id and i can help guide you through the site.

Andersj

LoanSafe Member
Dec 15, 2009
H-E-L-P !!!

I need some advise asap!
I have been working with Wells thru a HAMP and am now on month 5 of trial period...I live close to West Palm and am wondering, do I go to the NACA save a thon or does this mess up what I have spent 9 months working directly with Wells?

Does NACA even deal with the HAMP program, what should I do...THANKS FOR ADVICE!!!!

jasper

LoanSafe Member
Apr 22, 2010
I submitted my file to my servicer, Cenlar on 1/29/10. I haven't heard from them yet, its been about 85 days. How do i get NACA to flex their muscle on my behalf to get this ball rolling?
I have checked the website daily, sent an email to Cenlar via NACA 10 days ago, have emailed my original counselor and basic NACA email, but no one answers.
Any suggestions to get the show on the road--time is critical now!
Thanks for any suggestions
NE

RSMMOM

LoanSafe Member
Jan 12, 2009
Jasper, I do not know about Cenlar but I have Chase and my file was submitted in mid August and I did not receive a response/offer until mid Feb. 6 MONTHS! I know it is hard to be patient but it is in the lenders hands. NACA did e-mail for update a couple of times during that period and they would respond "In review". Crazy how they make us wait. I feel like our lives have been on hold for 17months until we know what our living situation will be. Can't wait to be done! Good Luck!

jax69

LoanSafe Member
Apr 29, 2010
BofA Form 1126

My question is that the Bank needs this financial info form, asking for the Borrower's info. Since I am unemployed and technically all expenses (food, utilities) are paid by my husband's income, should I provide the actual household expenses and income we have, or only mine specifically as I am the sole borrower on the loans?

explain

LoanSafe Member
Jun 21, 2010
hello My question is, if I already started my Loan Mod with chase, and are still waiting on a decision, is it too late to get NACA evolved?

AntiochCA

LoanSafe Member
Feb 1, 2012
If you download the program CutePDF you can enter all of the info into the PDF and then "print" it. When you go to print the form, select CutePDF Writer as your printer and save the document. Then you can print and sign anytime you want without having to enter all of the info again!

This will work with any PDF document that allows the entry of information but will not allow you to save with the typed information.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
My question is that the Bank needs this financial info form, asking for the Borrower's info. Since I am unemployed and technically all expenses (food, utilities) are paid by my husband's income, should I provide the actual household expenses and income we have, or only mine specifically as I am the sole borrower on the loans?
You should definitely provide all household income and expenses... If you only provide your information and you are unemployed, there is no way you will be eligible for a modification.. You must be able to prove you can afford a modified payment.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
hello My question is, if I already started my Loan Mod with chase, and are still waiting on a decision, is it too late to get NACA evolved?
No, even if you already begun the modification process you can still contact NACA for their assistance..

llamastalker

LoanSafe Member
Feb 24, 2012
Difficulty with NACA website

hi, i have difficulty putting my information on the naca website like everytime i fill up the hardship affidavit after i completed it wont let me sign electronically but instead a save sign shows up and if i click on save & next it will say the browser has expired and to log in again.it was twice already and i cannot go back to check the other steps that i did. it was very frustating .im i doing something wrong .i really want to finish it up but everytime, i have to do it all over again.i even have my name as co borrower and primary.does anybody has the same problem im encountering.sorry but its really frustrating. need help.

I too have been finding the NACA website to be very clumsy and not very intuitive. In some places the instructions are very good, while in others very important details and instructions are omitted, leaving the user frustrated and not knowing what to do. I started the web application last night and was just appalled at how frustrating the site was to navigate. In order to save each form that makes up the web submission, each and every field must be completed, even if the field does not apply to one's personal situation.

Today I finally managed to get through to customer service and mentioned my problems with the site, only to be told that I was the very first client who had similar struggles (yeah right!). The customer service rep dismissed my concerns about my inability to submit several of the forms, saying that such forms could only be submitted by my counselor. Why then were they included in the web submission forms that I was requested to complete?!?

With respect to the supporting documentation that I need to provide, I tried uploading TIF files (the only file format they accept, according to the site) but the server would not accept my uploads (I tried using 3 different computers). So I converted the TIF files to smaller JPGs, and attached them to several emails addressed to my personal NACA email account. Given my impression of their site thus far, I must admit that I have very little hope that my emails will actually be received, let alone my documents routed to the correct file. It seems that they push the FAX alternative very hard (perhaps that's the only solution that works!) but I don't have a FAX machine and can't afford to pay someone to FAX the documentation for me. Every other first-world business accepts uploads and email attachments (which the NACA site claims they do), so I would prefer to use a free-to-me alternative rather than pay for a FAX service.

I also signed up online for a counseling session phone call. To my surprise, that process went smoothly, and I even got a time slot for Monday (it's the preceding Friday now). Whether I will actually receive that phone call at the appointed time is to be seen, however. Based on my experiences so far with NACA, I have very little confidence that they are capable of getting anything done, especially in a timely manner, without losing my documentation and just generally screwing up along the way. I really need to decide just how many hours I'm willing to invest in what appears to be an inefficient process (not to mention a possible wasted effort), as I would prefer to use that time looking for a job instead.

Timely is important as I'm currently in foreclosure and am probably not eligible for a loan mod due to being unemployed. All I want at this time is a forebearance arrangement and some way to halt the foreclosure so that I can save my home until I can get a job.