The HAMPster Wheel Game

razmik

LoanSafe Member
May 6, 2012
California
Hi Players
It appears my wheel playing days are quickly coming towards an end. The bank was awarded final judgment on 4/24.
My educated guess tells me that, I probably have until September?October, unless the Sheriff department is swamped with work.
I may have a few legal remedies to pursue however I need to ponder the pro's and con's.. It may just be time for me to move on.
This is not a farewell post, I shall return with more info either positive or negative, as well has hanging around LS to lend some help and opinions.. Hang tough Players!

Play hard, play loooooooooooong!

Best regards
Nj-78 Months
Acesfull
Any updates, any news, haven't heard from you or any others on this forum///please post something, say something!!!

acesfull

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2008
NEW JERSEY
Hi Razmik

My playing is close to the end. Sheriff sale scheduled in 3 weeks probably file for two extensions.
I hope all is well on your end.
Best regards
Nj-83 months
Acesfull

acesfull

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2008
NEW JERSEY
Hi players

It sad to see this thread so slow!
I am still hanging in the house.
I have no idea how long the sheriff department takes in issuing evictions.
Anyway enough of business.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New year!

Keep up the good fight!
Play hard, play looooooongh!
Best regards
Acesfull
85 months and counting!

PatZZ

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2011
Nearby
Hi players

Keep up the good fight!
Best regards
Acesfull
85 months and counting!

I think all the threads are slow Aces. I guess 99% have given up or don't even try. That is unfortunate. It would be helpful to those of left behind if the people we have helped would let us know what happened with their situations, but most just vanish. I suppose that is bad news.

Default_is_theirs

LoanSafe Member
Feb 22, 2012
Greetings remaining players.

This will be my last post, as I've reached the end of my game. By out of court agreement of the bank last summer, we decided to go ahead and sell, rather than drag it out with more court dates/lawyer fees with essentially no chance of having the bank walk away. Amazingly, we got an offer last week, only days before the deadline which was yesterday. (Had we not, we were going to move out with the bank paying us 5 K) While we aren't making much on the sale, it's more than enough to set us up in a new living space after paying off the bank.

I've enjoyed checking in over the years (6 plus!) and reading about all of your challenges and successful outcomes. Best of luck to all those that play on, and know that you have the power to make your ending a happy one.

Special thanks to Acesfull, who kept me informed and entertained with his loooooong game.

Signing Off,
Default_is_theirs
84 months

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ

This will be my last post, as I've reached the end of my game. By out of court agreement of the bank last summer, we decided to go ahead and sell, rather than drag it out with more court dates/lawyer fees with essentially no chance of having the bank walk away. Amazingly, we got an offer last week, only days before the deadline which was yesterday. (Had we not, we were going to move out with the bank paying us 5 K) While we aren't making much on the sale, it's more than enough to set us up in a new living space after paying off the bank.

I've enjoyed checking in over the years (6 plus!) and reading about all of your challenges and successful outcomes. Best of luck to all those that play on, and know that you have the power to make your ending a happy one.

Special thanks to Acesfull, who kept me informed and entertained with his loooooong game.

Signing Off,
Default_is_theirs
84 months

Please sign my petition
https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-stop-illegal-foreclosures?recruiter=571054991&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

learn't

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello everyone,
we are also at the end of the game. The sheriff's sale is scheduled for Feb 21. Probably will file for two extensions. We thought is time to look for a place to move out. But reading Acesfull's post from Dec 18, it shows he is not evicted after 2 months of the sheriff's sale. So I hope we still have time to stay a little longer in the house.

Acesfull,
Are you still in the house?
Did anyone buy the house at the auction? or it just went back to the bank?
If the bank, can you rent it from them? and how?

Thank you guys for your help and special thank for Acesfull,

58 months and counting

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Sadly, this thread isn't very active anymore, so I'm not sure if the "HAMPster" strategy still works for retaining a home.

I fell behind on my mortgage about 6 months ago. About 2 months ago, I put in a borrower assistance form to Seterus. They eventually came back with a response that I was missing some income information. I really didn't intend to leave it off, but have been embarking on a new extremely busy career, and so I had no time to respond to them. They sent me a decline letter about 2 weeks ago.

I want to retain my home. Mortgage was modified just about a year ago, and I was told several times by the collection goons at Seterus that there was "no way" I could get another mod, or not before a year had passed.

I also have plans to get remaining hardest hit funds, but unfortunately, I am 2 years behind on filing my taxes which are needed for hardest hit. Again, I have very little time nowadays to do anything. I could probably pay my current mortgage payment, but since I'm in school for the next 14 months on a fixed income, there is no way I can clear the back balance of unpaid months.

To make matter worse, at this same time, my HOA has filed a lien and is going after me for past due assessments. I am trying to workout a payment arrangement with them. It's not a huge sum of money (about 3500), but about half of that is attorney fees, which I think is unreasonable.

Would it be a good idea to just resubmit another assistance form to Seterus to stall any foreclosure action? HAMPster strategy? On paper, there is equity in the home, so I'm always worried about the bank or HOA trying to do a fast foreclosure. Thanks for any help.
Please sign my petition
https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-stop-illegal-foreclosures?recruiter=571054991&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Running on fumes- last pmt was 3/2015- served Nov 2015- hired an attn and he bought me 1 1/2 years - Had court date on 6/9/17.. halfway there I get a call from his sec stating my attn negotiated a settlement and I didn't need to show up- I never once spoke to anybody at that law firm about a settlement- My home is due to go on auction 8/10/2017

My question is, and appreciate if anybody has any feedback- We are moving out of state on Nov 1- Is there anything I can do to buy another 2-3 months? I am an independent insurance broker and represent 30 different companies and really would rather try to not have a BK as most ins carriers will not appt agents with BK's- if they run periodical background checks on current agents and see my BK they may term me- and that'll do me more harm than good- We've looked at renting but most places here in Florida require 7 month leases- I just need 3 more months-

Can I file for a BK to stop the auction 8/1 and hopefully get another sale date then back out of my BK request once a new auction date is set? I don't think a judge would award me a BK based off my income- don't have any debt other than my mortgage- How does a BK work- do you file for one then are set a court date for a judge to hear your case, if so how long is the request for a BK to the actual BK court hearing?- and can I rescind my request in between?

If anybody knows how I can push the auction date out another 60 days I would appreciate any advice-

Thank you
Please sign my petition

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
ok its been over 5 years and this hampster is tired lol. I'd really like to relocate to pursue other opportunities. If I leave, should I let the bank or their attorney know the place is vacant? I guess the alternative is to let them figure it out once the grass gets to three feet lol. About a month ago I received a tally of the total costs owed as per the court order so they next step is for the bank to motion for final foreclosure and then after I guess they would motion for the auction after that. If they know the house is vacant will it makes things go quicker? I really don't want to "change my address" until its all over and this is taking longer than I even imagined it would lol.

Please sign my petition

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
HI Aces and all,
Glad you are still going strong Aces. I'm at about 72 months out since my initial default now however I'm happy to report a good outcome after many times feeling broken by the banks and it inevitable they would foreclose on me. Like a good soldier, I never gave up the battle ie: hamster wheel game and could have easily several times. Thinking my game was over, I rented out my property and moved elsewhere (out of town) due to the poor employment where I lived. My tenants knew the house was doomed for foreclosure and they got a good price for the risk they were taking. In fact they came down the street from another neighbors house that was foreclosed upon seeking a new rental. Thankfully they knew what the game was and accepted it. I got the rent monies which helped me rent a new place while I got set up in a new town.

After fighting with one major bank (fended off one foreclosure with them), then another, then a few other servicers, going to foreclosure mediation twice, filing numerous CFPB complaints and contacting my state senator to advocate for me......Fannie Mae just would not budge nor the servicer. I had an attorney and I made it clear I would fight them until the bitter end and it was going to cost them $$. Then low and behold in early 2016, my fannie mae loan was sold to a subsiderary of Goldman Sachs! I did my research and found it was part of a 55 billion dollar package of bad fannie mae loans sold to them. No doubt part of the deal struck the month before with the DOJ,etc for their part in the whole mortgage meltdown. Ya gotta wonder who's hands were greased on that deal? Part of that deal was also homeowner foreclosure prevention. Having settled in elsewhere with a good job, I decided to take another bite at the apple.

As any good hamster wheel game participant would do, I submitted another loan mod application. I figured at best it would buy me a few more months of rental income. Well they approved me! AND gave me a 100K principal reduction giving me instant equity. I dont know if they realized they undervalued my house or that was to make me go away and shut up. I borrowed the money from family to pay the trial payments. I received the permanent loan mod docs that confirmed the terms. I did some sprucing up and repairs, put it on the market and sold it. When all was said and done, after commissions paid, I walked away with $75K and no short sale or foreclosure on my record. The exact amount I put down on the house in 2006 and thought to be lost forever. Yes there is a god! I now have enough funds to buy another home although a smaller one.

This road is not for the faint of heart. If I didn't have this mortgage blog back in 2012 to turn to, share stories with others and learn from, I would not have it made it thru. The stress I have endured and the war I have had to wage on these lenders and servicers have aged me significantly. It is not easy to live day to day, year after year wondering if your house will be ripped out from underneath you. Thanks to this blog, in the process I helped over 30 families save their homes. I now have the realistic hope of owning another home when I thought I would never see that the rest of my life. I will learn from this lesson.

My words of wisdom? NeVeR ever give up! Study the rules and use them to your advantage to beat them at their own game. Play to the bitter end and you just might be rewarded for your efforts.

Snapple

Please sign my petition

learn't

LoanSafe Member
Apr 3, 2013

Signing Off,
Default_is_theirs
84 months
Hi players

Keep up the good fight!
Best regards
Acesfull
85 months and counting!

Hello Acesful,
Are you still in the house? do you have any plan to play more?
our Shierf's sale is scheduled for Feb21 and I am wondering if we still can play more?

Best regards,
58 months, NJ

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Thank you very much Acesfull.
Have mainly posted to bagels and you're spot on - Isisis is awesome. Mad at myself for not jumping on this sooner and following thru on her suggestions. Need to take my own advice tho and keep looking forward. No good wallowing in the past. Figured out I love doing research. Just need to couple that w/ a crusade and a paycheck and I'll be set!

Thanks again for the heads up RE the Hampster. Not enuf hours in a day to read everything so I tend to hunt and peck. Kudos to all for staying in your home! Love it. Spoke to a guy soliciting eviction assistance who said "looks like you've had a pretty good ride" referring to not making a house payment since 2015 .... hmph ... images of glass houses and rocks danced in my head .. I let it go .... karma kicks ass! Take care

Please sign my petition

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Hello Hampsters!

I've been a forum member for many years. I've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread and find a quiet joy in hearing about those who ride the wheel.

I'm posting today on behalf of someone close to me who is about to jump on the wheel. This person is in a unique situation that I haven't seen yet in the forum, so I'm hoping some of you experts can offer some advice. Here's the situation...

Owner occupied home in Arizona (bought in 2007).
1st mortgage - purchase money
2nd mortgage - HELOC (not purchase money)
No equity in the house

Here's the unique situation...

The owner of the house recently died. The owner's spouse (and children, including one who is over 18) are still living in the house. The living spouse was not listed on the ownership papers because he/she had bad credit at the time of purchase. A lawyer has informed the surviving spouse that they aren't the owner of the house, but after waiting 6 months they can petition the court to become the owner (if they choose). So right now, there is no living owner of the house. The bank that holds the mortgage is aware of the owner's death, but is still asking for and accepting monthly payments from the surviving spouse.

The surviving spouse is planning to walk away from the house, but wants to keep it until next May so that their child can finish school.

Based on my experience here on the forum, I've recommended that the surviving spouse immediately stop making payments on the 2nd. As there's no equity in the home, the 2nd won't foreclose.

It's also my opinion that they should stop paying the first mortgage and ride the Hampster Wheel for the next 9 months. Here's my thinking on how this could go...

- The bank won't do anything substantial for at least the first 3 months of non-payment (maybe some letters and phone calls, but that's all).
- After three months my friend could apply for a modification and drag out that process for at least 3 more months.
- After finally being rejected for a modification, they can deal with three months of the foreclosure process before walking away.

Here are my questions...

1. Does this plan make sense?
2. Since my friend received a substantial life insurance payout, is it a bad idea to apply for a modification since they'd have to reveal assets and once their assets are known by the bank the modification will be immediately rejected (and the bank will now know their true financial situation)? Perhaps this person could neglect to include all their assets on the application (oops!) since they'll be submitting incomplete documents anyway (not intending to actually get a modification)?
3. Is it even possible for someone who isn't listed on the deed to apply for a modification?
4. Will any actions by this person to negotiate or deal with the mortgage in any way affect their ability to walk away from the debt (i.e. if they act like the owner of the house will they be viewed under the law as the owner of the house)?
5. Is the foreclosure process in Arizona longer than 9 months, so a modification application may not be necessary?

Finally, I had another idea for staying in the house and would love to get your opinions...

Since the owner of the house is dead and his estate does not have an executor, is it possible for the living spouse to rent out the house (to her 18 year old daughter)? If so, it's my understanding that the family would be tenants with a one year lease and couldn't be evicted during that time.

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and offer their opinions.

Thanks in advance.

-Tnado

Please sign my petition