So confused....

Lynns

LoanSafe Member
Jan 14, 2013
My loan went from Homeward to Ocwen in March of 2013. I immediately started the paperwork to apply for a modification as our loan is four months past due. We had a HAMP modification in 2010, but lost good standing in 2012. I submitted my paperwork and within a day was denied for HAMP, saying we did not meet the qualifications. I spoke to my relationship manager who told me that's okay, submit new paperwork for an in house modification. I just faxed the paperwork in today.

In the mail today I received a letter dated 03/28 saying I could not have an in house modification because I had a modification with HAMP and was currently in good standing. I have a letter from Homeward stating I lost my good standing last year, so I called Ocwen. The representative told me I need to make an appointment with my relationship manager who will explain it further. I set up an appotment for next Tuesday. She then said, "in the notes it says you might be getting an offer from us before then so if you do please read it over before you speak to our relationship manager." I asked her how that was possible considering I had been denied for HAMP and have a paper saying I can't do an in-house and she said it's possible they were working on a modification from the paperwork I sent in for HAMP.

So I am very confused, what does this even mean, an offer? And how can I prove I am no longer in good standing with my previous HAMP?

KimberlyS

LoanSafe Member
Jun 30, 2012
My loan went to Ocwen and it took awhile for everything to get transferred into their system, and there is conflicting info given for awhile. Sometimes you can get good info by looking at your account on the website. Hopefully your rm and you can get on the same page when you speak on Tuesday.

amirh

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2013
Join the club :)
Unfortunately all banks are the same way when loan is transferred from one to another

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
She then said, "in the notes it says you might be getting an offer from us before then so if you do please read it over before you speak to our relationship manager." I asked her how that was possible considering I had been denied for HAMP and have a paper saying I can't do an in-house and she said it's possible they were working on a modification from the paperwork I sent in for HAMP.

So I am very confused, what does this even mean, an offer? And how can I prove I am no longer in good standing with my previous HAMP?
Hello Lynns,

Kimberly has great advice and it is not uncommon for your account to show conflicting information soon after it has been transferred over to another bank. If your account has been behind since 2012 it clearly has lost good standing, and even if it did not you should have no problem applying for their in-house programs. Here try contacting the Ombudsman's Office, they may be of better assistance.

Ocwen Consumer Ombudsman: