Rust Consulting Inc./BOA

LenaZ

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2013
I would love to see my file results. Unfortunately when I went through my foreclosure in 2009 with Litton/Goldman Sachs it went so fast I didn't even know about all the regulations. My sister in law is a lawyer and we are looking into it right now because I found something interesting in my court files. I went to court Feb 24th 2009 and got a 30 day extension on my foreclosure because my house was up for sale and I had a buyer. I got the extension but they foreclosed anyway. I also had requested a loan modification but they kept saying they were "missing" information. Anyway, The court records show foreclosure March 10th 2009 but the judge signed the papers Feb 24th. They also never offered me the HAMP program which came into effect March 9th 2009. Seems like Litton wanted to foreclose before the Hamp program was initiated. This practice by Goldman Sachs/Litton was reported to the Feds and reported on by Huffington Post

Last edited by a moderator:

Sophey

LoanSafe Member
Jun 5, 2013
I called yesterday too and asked if they received my 2nd W9 and they did. I asked if my information was updated and the lady said it was, including my current address. I did not receive the "change of address/reissue check" form, but when I got the 2nd W9, it had an area where is asked for current address and I filled it out. I wonder if the "reissue check" part is what is the reason why your address is not updated? Mine was never issued or sent, maybe that's the difference. They say my check will be sent July 15th.............hoping.............
Are all the checks that remain to be mailed on July 15th for BKs? I wouldn't be surprised to see those be large checks. Anyway, I sure hope that is the case for everyone still waiting for their initial IFR checks. Those of us waiting on reissued checks (due to address changes) may be waiting a long while. Since those checks were originally mailed during April and returned to sender, Rust has been able to hold on to that money and build interest for a couple of months already; and since they may continue to do so until the end of the year, why should they be in any hurry to reissue?

Yeah, the funny thing is, the NMS folks new where to send everything, why didn't the IFR? Don't they have the same resources at their dissposal?
I'd like to know this as well.

One thing that really bugs me about the NMS payout is how much money the state AGs managed to get for their state general funds and for writing down principal and lowering interest rates for many people who are still in their homes vs how little they managed to get for people that had completely lost their homes.

Everything about the IFR payout bugs me; that one feels like some sort of lottery system, in which a very small number of darts hit the correct categories on the OCC dart board.

LenaZ

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2013
Are all the checks that remain to be mailed on July 15th for BKs? I wouldn't be surprised to see those be large checks. Anyway, I sure hope that is the case for everyone still waiting for their initial IFR checks. Those of us waiting on reissued checks (due to address changes) may be waiting a long while. Since those checks were originally mailed during April and returned to sender, Rust has been able to hold on to that money and build interest for a couple of months already; and since they may continue to do so until the end of the year, why should they be in any hurry to reissue?

I'd like to know this as well.

One thing that really bugs me about the NMS payout is how much money the state AGs managed to get for their state general funds and for writing down principal and lowering interest rates for many people who are still in their homes vs how little they managed to get for people that had completely lost their homes.

Everything about the IFR payout bugs me; that one feels like some sort of lottery system, in which a very small number of darts hit the correct categories on the OCC dart board.

I am not in BK and I was told July 15th, so no not everyone that is left is in BK.

TeaTyme

LoanSafe Member
Apr 29, 2013
The issue I believe wtih OCC and the banks is non transparency. Trade Secrets is a terminology. Two Senators that I know of have asked for this information and so far OCC has not responded to those requests that I know of. So we have a Federal Beauracracy who is thumbing there nose at Elected Officials. I find it very interesting when I talk to this organization and the bank neither one of them actually admits, who really did the categorizing. It is a " what happened?" and what? "we didn't do it". Now what happened with your house routine. we didn't do anything wrong." thing that plays out. It is like you are talking with thugs that are trying to draw you off the subject. "Huston, we have a problem".
Jeff, you are absolutely RIGHT! I really feel our politicians support this blatant fraud! They throw a dog a bone in hopes he stay fed a lifetime. I also questioned the source in determining the categories and all that are involved in this scheme pointed their finger at each other. Again, this leads me to believe that the OCC and governing officials allowed the banks to review and categorize. How can you determine a payment being final if you weren't compensated correctly. Example: Your neighbor receives $6000 who is still in her home w/a modified loan but the person that lost their home while in a trial mod receives $500! That's not compensation for harm, that's continued insult to injury! But no recourse for victims! SMH!!!

lisamd27

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2010
Update: Check finally came today! And it was for the amount everyone else has stated. Apparently, it went out with the last wave of payments on the 17th since that is the date on the check. So hopefully, everyone else who is waiting will be receiving their checks today or tomorrow!

pennygram

working for consumers
Sep 29, 2010
I agree with you fully...these contractors are reviewing these files and probably not at a very lengthy pace either deciding who gets what and what category we should be in probably not knowing anything at all but the paperwork they are reading. But isnt that part of the reason we are all here anyway is because paperwork was lost, never received, altered, copied, ROBO signed, and whatever else??? I know a group of individuals that were in the military with some still active who which none have received the full $125,000 that surely thought they were. I haven't heard of anyone who received that much and have only hearing from people that have maybe received $6K at most. What happens to the rest of the money...do they give it back? Who is monitoring them and how do we know they are not pocketing money by calling it "expenses". I think this entire process should have been handled by the GOVT right down to the payment of checks.
I have seen one check for $25,000 - non military - and she does not know or understand why she received this much. Others have been $300 and $600.

pennygram

working for consumers
Sep 29, 2010
Called Rust yesterday - 54 calls - and spoke with Amber @ 4855. She gave me the same bs stuff but did say that anything over a certain amount gets a W9. I said yes like over $600 and she said not that amount but she did not give the amount. Playing words as always. Pointed out I had called 54 times and I asked she was asking me to stop calling and she said no. She was offended at my language and threatened to hang up. I told her better people then her have hung up on me but she should see that with 54 calls I don't stop. Also she had not walked in my shoes so who was she to tell me how to say things and that we still lived in America I was exercising my free speech rights and if she did not like it too bad, get another job. I have ZERO tolerance for these workers at Rust.

Will see what happens with today's call. Nice they are now pointing out my calls. :bigsmile:

Sophey

LoanSafe Member
Jun 5, 2013
She gave me the same bs stuff but did say that anything over a certain amount gets a W9. I said yes like over $600 and she said not that amount but she did not give the amount. :bigsmile:
All I can say is I now I really, really wish they'd sent me a W-9! The fact you've already called 54 times cracks me up. You are far braver than I. :)

pennygram

working for consumers
Sep 29, 2010
OK Everyone - Rust Consulting has blocked my number from their system. Yes if I call 877-465-0428, 888-952-9105 or 866-245-7282 from my number the call does not go through. Funny that the other numbers I call work perfect but not these numbers. However I have a cell phone, hubby has a cell phone, friends have phones I can use for the next 30 days. AND I am not emotional with my number so i can change it if needed in a flash... I have vidoetaped my actions in calling these 3 numbers.

First spoke to Debbie, station 4870 who hung up on me.So I called back and spoke to Tina @ F074625 who put me on hold and then Kristen a supervisor @ 4336 came on and said my check would be mailed on July 15. I asked about the blocked calls and she sidestepped the question. I then dialed each number and played the call so she could hear the call can not be completed as dialed recording for each of the 3 as she kept saying she was disconnecting the call. She also said they will not send me written confirmation. I asked if she was instructing me to not call any more and she said no. I told her if she was telling me to not call them I would stop and she said she was not saying that. I reminder her that last year they kept changing the story with these extensions and I did not want to wait until July 15, July 16 or longer to find out about changes. I asked if there was someone else she wanted me to call and she just kept saying my check was going to be mailed July 15.

Instead of them responding, instead of them sending you written, truthful information, they will instead block you - cleaver. This way they can say that they have no information on why the phone did not work and they never said I could not get updates on my file.

interesting..... so I will be writing a long letter this weekend.... AND if Rust went through the trouble of blocking my calls surely they can just send me alleged check...

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
Last month I wrote another email to the President, depicting how the banks are using HAMP to Scam people out of their homes. I told him SHAME ON the US government. I also mentioned the OCC and that they assumed a duty to me and that I wanted to Thank him as he is the highest in the government for stealing my home. Yesterday a message from the fraudulent CFPB. They received this letter from the Congress and they were going to investigate it. I thought wow the Congress filed a complaint with the CFPB for me. Way Cool? Today I got an update saying it was a duplicate of another complaint. That complaint was dismissed and they have not dismissed this other complaint. This is the biggest bunch of BS. Corruption abounds. Don't think much will come out of this. These thugs have their butts covered.

Bulbo

LoanSafe Member
May 13, 2013
Serious BS

Called Rust yesterday - 54 calls - and spoke with Amber @ 4855. She gave me the same bs stuff but did say that anything over a certain amount gets a W9. I said yes like over $600 and she said not that amount but she did not give the amount. Playing words as always. Pointed out I had called 54 times and I asked she was asking me to stop calling and she said no. She was offended at my language and threatened to hang up. I told her better people then her have hung up on me but she should see that with 54 calls I don't stop. Also she had not walked in my shoes so who was she to tell me how to say things and that we still lived in America I was exercising my free speech rights and if she did not like it too bad, get another job. I have ZERO tolerance for these workers at Rust.

Will see what happens with today's call. Nice they are now pointing out my calls. :bigsmile:
Well this is horrible news. I never got a W-9 so I guess that means I'm getting chump change for the rape I went through. Greeeeeaaaatttt news!

TnGal

LoanSafe Member
Jun 3, 2013
Well this is horrible news. I never got a W-9 so I guess that means I'm getting chump change for the rape I went through. Greeeeeaaaatttt news!
I think us last 10 percenters were all sent to the IRS and the w9 people are people that they had incorrect information on. I think every one still waiting will get larger checks. Base amount plus refunds of interest and fees paid. I think the reason we are waiting is because they have to figure out the amount we need to be paid. It takes time to support this kind of effort. that's my belief anyway. I'm sticking to it.

Can'tStopCrying

LoanSafe Member
Jun 17, 2013
I was sent a W-9 form in May, I am not in a bankruptcy. I haven't rec'd my check yet either. I do believe that my current information didn't match with the IRS, that's why I was sent the W-9. My last name is different from when I owned my house. So, Rust wouldn't have a name match with the IRS. I was having trouble getting my address changed, called numerous times; I was always told the change of address form was sent in the mail. I started reading the threads here, and someone suggested sending Jason at Rust an email. I sent him an email, and he replied back to me within 10 minutes, needless to say I was SHOCKED!!! He was very nice to me, and apologized for the confusion. He changed my address immediately, I called the very next day; and was SHOCKED again, that my address was actually correct. I sent him an email, thanking him for his kindness, and understanding. I asked when I may receive my check, and he replied that my check will be mailed July 15th; and that Rust did not decide the categories for which I may be in. Once, they (Rust) receive the category/payment amount. They (Rust) disperse the checks then, which will be July 15th. He also, explained that they (Rust) do not receive the payment information until a few days before the payment is scheduled to be sent. So, that means since my check will not be mailed until July 15th (Rust will receive my information a few days before - scheduled payment). He was very nice and informative to me...... Kindness, does go a long way. I wasn't rude, or arrogant, I kindly asked for his assistance, and he responded back very nicely, and thanked me. Jason, always replied back to my emails, within a few minutes each and every time. I hope, this information will be helpful to everyone. When I receive my check, I will post my amount.

LenaZ

LoanSafe Member
Apr 26, 2013
I was sent a W-9 form in May, I am not in a bankruptcy. I haven't rec'd my check yet either. I do believe that my current information didn't match with the IRS, that's why I was sent the W-9. My last name is different from when I owned my house. So, Rust wouldn't have a name match with the IRS. I was having trouble getting my address changed, called numerous times; I was always told the change of address form was sent in the mail. I started reading the threads here, and someone suggested sending Jason at Rust an email. I sent him an email, and he replied back to me within 10 minutes, needless to say I was SHOCKED!!! He was very nice to me, and apologized for the confusion. He changed my address immediately, I called the very next day; and was SHOCKED again, that my address was actually correct. I sent him an email, thanking him for his kindness, and understanding. I asked when I may receive my check, and he replied that my check will be mailed July 15th; and that Rust did not decide the categories for which I may be in. Once, they (Rust) receive the category/payment amount. They (Rust) disperse the checks then, which will be July 15th. He also, explained that they (Rust) do not receive the payment information until a few days before the payment is scheduled to be sent. So, that means since my check will not be mailed until July 15th (Rust will receive my information a few days before - scheduled payment). He was very nice and informative to me...... Kindness, does go a long way. I wasn't rude, or arrogant, I kindly asked for his assistance, and he responded back very nicely, and thanked me. Jason, always replied back to my emails, within a few minutes each and every time. I hope, this information will be helpful to everyone. When I receive my check, I will post my amount.

I just emailed Jason, hope to hear from him tomorrow! I need peace of mind that Rust has changed my info as well.

DesertMe

LoanSafe Member
Oct 27, 2009
Hysteria (High Desert), CA
Just got my NMS "settlement check"..$1848+some cents. Big whoop. Rather would have kept the house. Hope all the crooks at Skank of America can now sleep better at night knowing we are "even"..Yeah right.