Ring, Ring, Ring.....

puppyted

LoanSafe Member
Mar 31, 2011
So, I thought I would give it a try, and finally answered one of those "unavailable number" calls, last week. Of course it was our lender, IndyMac, calling about our 2nd, which is an equity loan. We stopped paying on it in April.

The woman was polite, and went through her rehearsed speech. And I was polite, and went through my reheared speech. I told her we would no longer be paying on the loan.
I told her (or someone else) the same thing on the next call, and the next call. I had hoped that, as some people have stated in previous posts, the calls would stop for the rest of the month, then start up again next month, when I would tell them the same answers.

Alas, no such luck. When I answered the phone again this morning, I decided to ask if IndyMac would be calling everyday, even when the answers will be the same everytime. The woman said "Yes, we will". So, I politely told her I would be turning off our phones, and wished her a good day.

Next Monday, we will be late on our 1st to IndyMac, as well as the 2nd. I'm sure the phone will be silently ringing off the hook. Which is ok with me, because what is important to me is not this underwater house, but my Family, and they all know how to reach me.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
puppyted,

This is so true, family and spending time with them is so much more important. Enjoy your family time!

Confused in the I.E.

LoanSafe Member
May 12, 2008
Temecula, CA
I have missed my payment on our 1st with IndyMac this month, I expect my phone to ring off the hook by this weekend. My 2nd, Ocwen still just has an automated mesage that calls me once a day although they have skipped a couple of days, never a live person with them. I don't think I will even bother telling Indy that I'm not going to pay since they will just keep calling anyway. The silent ringer on the phone has been wonderful.

Irishgem

LoanSafe Member
Jan 12, 2011
My mother stopped paying in March and she had to send a cease and desist letter to the lender after getting a BUNCH of calls.

The first calls she got from the lender, they "confirmed" her phone numbers, which includes the school district she retired from last June. So, she really did NOT want the lender calling them, so she had to send the Cease and Desisit. I would recommend that for you if you have a number on file (work?) that you don't want them to call.

I am not sure if you are looking for a modification, but my mom just wants to foreclosure to go through. So, in the Cease and Desist, she told them not to call her or any third-party and also that she is NOT looking to modify the loan and that they (the lender) can foreclose on the property. Since then, there's been no phone calls and everything has been pretty smooth.

kaltcall

LoanSafe Member
Sep 3, 2010
I'm with GMAC and missed my first payment April 1st...they call Monday - Friday, twice a day. Annoying, but I just reject the call. I will get to a point soon where I can't take it anymore and will send the cease and desist letter...they always leave me a message but it's a recording to call their 800 number for making a payment over the phone...not gonna happen!

puppyted

LoanSafe Member
Mar 31, 2011
Well, for now the calls have seemed to stop.

Our 1st was late as of 5/16, but so far no calls. Our ringer is off, but I check the call log at the end of the day to keep track.

Only thing in the mail so far were two (duplicate) attorney advertisements about a "lawsuit against IndyMac". It directed us to "call immediately", and a "short interview" would be conducted, so we could be included in the lawsuit.

We threw the ads in the trash.

Dr Psychosis

LoanSafe Member
May 18, 2011
I defaulted 2 years ago and to be honest, I don't even know if my servicer, Central Mortgage is calling as I disconnected the ringer on my land line after defaulting. I use my cell phone for virtually everything and my wife checkso ur land line voice mail. It really has given me a great peace of mind not hearing one iota from my servicer during this long default period. Of course I read their mailings but most of those go in the trash anyway.

kaltcall

LoanSafe Member
Sep 3, 2010
I'm still in the deer caught in headlights phase of my walk...May 1st was my second missed payment. GMAC is calling less frequently and when they do they don't leave a message...I get something in the mail from them every couple of weeks that I open, read and file. Not sure if having gone through a modification will make a difference in the speed of foreclosure or not. According to an article in Chicago Real Estate Daily, I have about 494 days from the NOD to eviction...we shall see! I sometimes panic thinking my son is going to get home from school and the locks will be changed...