Reviews and Experiences with Youwalkaway.com services

fighton

LoanSafe Member
Dec 10, 2010
Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I have a chase loan of 300k and a 80k HELOC, current value of the home in zillow is 250k in CA. Have not paid for 8 payments. Called Chase when i was current and they said I have to stop paying inorder to apply for HAMP. Been in faxing in documents like everyone here for the past 8 months. I have getting the run around like most chase customer in the loan mod process. I got a letter of a sale date of 12/27/10 and called chase and said not to worry and the underwriter will postpone it but not until 7 days before the sale date. I am really thinking of doing a strategic walk away and having it foreclosed. I saw the banner for youwalkaway.com services and was wondering if anybody has used their services? If so was it worth it and how did it help you. Just trying to get some experiences and reviews since at this point im at my wits end and do not know who to trust. Thank you all and god bless.

flyingfrenchman

LoanSafe Member
Dec 6, 2010
I was considering using youwalkaway.com as well. I am in same boat as you wih BofA as 1st and Chase as 2nd. What is your status and feedback if you have used them? Let me know and I can post you on any head way I might make. Thanks

fighton

LoanSafe Member
Dec 10, 2010
FlyingFrenchman,

From a response of another member I think I gonna save the money and use this forum as a resource. Here is what one forum member stated:

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-9439165354589625";/* 336x280, created 12/10/09 */google_ad_slot = "9247397141";google_ad_width = 336;google_ad_height = 280;//--> </SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I have. After spending time on this forum I realized that I really did not need to
pay for their services because I could get the same help here. It was nice to
have someone to "hold my hand' in the beginning though.

They are supposed to send weekly status updates but I only get them
occasionally now, probably because they same the same thing every week -
"no changes...." It's been almost a year. I've learned how to check the county
website myself so I'll probably know the NOD has been filed before they tell me!

I consulted w/ an attorney through them which was a waste. She told me I
should try to do a short sale.

As time goes on this process seems much simpler than it did in the beginning
when I was all freaked out and upset. I was somewhat impulsive when I
forked out the $1000 to pay this company.

Good luck! : )<!-- google_ad_section_end -->​

Emily848

LoanSafe Member
Jan 24, 2011
Northern CA
I signed up for their "silver" service for $199 +$30 a month. It seemed like the thing to do if I was seriously considering walking away from our mortgage.

They send an information booklet that neatly summarizes a lot of information that is available free all over the place on the internet, so if you don't have the time or inclination to do the internet searching, that might be worthwhile. Be warned though, it is a slim booklet. My first thought was "$200 for this?" But, I was hoping that the unlimited email support would be helpful. It has NOT been. They take at least two full days to respond, and then the response is a copied and pasted generic response (mainly from the booklet they send) OR they'll just say you need to see a lawyer to get that question answered. They have you fill out a form when you sign up about your situation, but that information does not seem to come into play anywhere.

I don't know if the telephone service would be better, I suspect it would be the same generic responses, just over the phone. I'm not going to upgrade my service to find out, and I plan on cancelling before the first month is up to stop that $30 a month billing.

Loren W

LoanSafe Member
Oct 28, 2011
I signed up for YouWalkAway's platinum service, which I believe was around $1000 for an unlimited timeframe. YouWalkAway.com doesn't do magic tricks, but the service they provide is truly magical. My wife and I "walked away" from a $250K townhouse that eventually sold for $150K. We were reluctant landlords for three years! We couldn't sell the property, the market rents we were receiving caused us to be upside down $700 a month for three years. The bank wasn't interested in talking to us because we paid our mortgage dilligently every month and we had perfect credit. While the rational decision is to obviously default on that type of transaction where you can never see the end at the light of the tunnel, the emotional side tells you defaulting is the wrong thing to do. YouWalkAway.com is great at walking you through the projected timeline, providing guidance based on best practices other clients have experienced, and really reassuing you everything is ok. Strategically defaulting on our property was the greatest business decision we have ever made, and it is one minor hiccup on an otherwise perfect credit history. I believe I will be able to articulate the rationale behind the decision when it comes time to purchase our next home,and the impact to my current credit is far less severe than anticipated. I would highly recommend YouWalkAway.com to help you navigate through what turns out to be a sophisticated and calculated business decision.

Emily848

LoanSafe Member
Jan 24, 2011
Northern CA
YouWalkAway.com is great at walking you through the projected timeline, providing guidance based on best practices other clients have experienced, and really reassuing you everything is ok. [. . .] I would highly recommend YouWalkAway.com to help you navigate through what turns out to be a sophisticated and calculated business decision.
I cut down your reply to what actually has something to do with YouWalkAway and I'm not seeing what they did for you except assure you that you made the right decision. Sorry, but I think these forums do everything that you paid YouWalkAway $1000 for. Glad it sounds like it was worth it to you though. It is a big decision, but I don't know what use YouWalkAway is in "navigating" it, and I don't see anything in your post backing that statement up.

As I said in my post, I thought the information in the booklet was useful, but nothing that isn't available on-line. NOTHING was personalized for my situation (except for the state that I live in since laws vary by state). I had one complicated question and was very frustrated with YouWalkAway first giving copy-and-paste replies and then referring me to a lawyer. I got much better information from posting the question on these forums and then going to a tax advisor to confirm what I had learned on the forums.

In case it's relevant to anyone, my question was whether my co-signer could be liable for the tax implications of the "gain" on the "forgiven" debt (the difference between what I owed and what the house sold at auction for). I knew that I wouldn't be liable because it's my principal residence (I'm in CA), but since it's not my co-signer's residence, I wasn't sure how it would affect her. They took days to send an email reply that was a copy-and-paste of mortgage laws that I had already read. When I pushed they finally told me to contact a lawyer. Really I needed to contact a tax advisor. So, the email help was not at all helpful for me.

Speed Shady

LoanSafe Member
Aug 24, 2011
I'm smelling a rat here. Loren W has one post on this site which is a very positive review of the service (Platinum, of course). Notice the URL is listed servel times, it even reads like an ad.

I'm not seeing the value of the service here. I found this site right away when I began searching for foreclosure info. It was very easy to figure out foreclosure timelines, if my loans are recourse, tax implications, etc. Even if someone REALLY doesn't want to spend any time at all researching on their own, a consult with a lawyer would be a better idea than paying these guys.

Am I missing something here?

ooutwire

LoanSafe Member
Nov 8, 2011
My family and I recently walked away from a small single-family home more than 50% under water. YWA provided us invaluable information allowing us to make an informed decision concerning entering foreclosure versus the alternative routes we could have taken. YWA answered promptly and non-judgmentally every question that we asked. I cannot think of one time where my call was not answered on the first ring.

My family and I recommend YWA for their knowledge of the foreclosure process, their commitment to excellent service, and their pragmatic approach to helping homeowners, who, at present, have very little alternative than to continue to waste good money paying inflated mortgages which will never return to their original value and will continue to burden the American economy for years unless we act individually. I urge each person who may be considering entering foreclosure to call YWA today. Learn your options and do not be afraid to make a positive decision for your future. YWA will help you every step down the path to a more prosperous future.

Speed Shady

LoanSafe Member
Aug 24, 2011
My family and I recently walked away from a small single-family home more than 50% under water. YWA provided us invaluable information allowing us to make an informed decision concerning entering foreclosure versus the alternative routes we could have taken. YWA answered promptly and non-judgmentally every question that we asked. I cannot think of one time where my call was not answered on the first ring.

My family and I recommend YWA for their knowledge of the foreclosure process, their commitment to excellent service, and their pragmatic approach to helping homeowners, who, at present, have very little alternative than to continue to waste good money paying inflated mortgages which will never return to their original value and will continue to burden the American economy for years unless we act individually. I urge each person who may be considering entering foreclosure to call YWA today. Learn your options and do not be afraid to make a positive decision for your future. YWA will help you every step down the path to a more prosperous future.

What information did YMA give you that you could not find on this very website? Again, another glowing review from a member with 1 post...

You recommend them for these reasons:
- Knowledge of foreclosure process. Again, nothing a few minutes and google can't provide as well.
- Commitment to excellent service. With what? Answering questions? I'm still not sure what they do.
- Pragmatic approach to helping homeowners. How do they help?

I'm still trying to see the value-add of this service, but I'm guessing this poster will never be heard from again.. I have nothing against YWA, perhaps there is something I am missing.

EKnight

LoanSafe Member
Nov 6, 2011
Washington state
I agree. Those look like fake posts aimed at promoting the site. I called and talked with a guy there. After I put in my info I got a phone call AND email very quickly. He didn't tell me anything that I haven't found either on this site or through some other free service or source. He said a few things that scared me, but afterward it seemed like they were tactics to convince me that I need their help. He also acted as if the $995.00 "platinum" plan was the only available option. When I said I didn't need all the extra services at this point, he said they can discount the fee. It sounds like a whole lot of fluff and just a little bit of benefit for which you pay dearly.

Also, look at their site. They're trying awfully hard to convince you that they are legit, complete with scrolling news logos. What does that really mean? Why do they have to try so hard to sell themselves?

ooutwire

LoanSafe Member
Nov 8, 2011
Speed_Shady -
If you feel comfortable in pursuing foreclosure without assistance, then I would not discourage it; however, I paid for the accountant and time with the lawyer as part of my package from YWA. Both sessions provided insight into what I may expect once the foreclosure process was complete, e.g., def. judgement and tax considerations. I was also given a specific timeline when I could expect my home to sell; and YWA's timeline was accurate within one week.

Can one find all the information online that one needs to foreclose successfully? Yes, they can; but my family and I decided that we felt more secure in using YWA to guide us and answer any question, interpret any document, and prepare us for the process in general.

ooutwire

LoanSafe Member
Nov 8, 2011
EKnight,

I am a real customer from Georgia, who successfully completed the foreclosure process, was not sued, and have prospered from my family's re-location. YWA assisted us, at a cost, to do this successfully. I recommend their service. You may decide whether it is worth the cost. It was was the cost to me.

GAOinLV

LoanSafe Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm using You Walk Away. I probably didn't need to, but I signed up for the service way back in October 2009, when I first decided to do this. At that time it was a flat $995 for services throughout the process. Since it's been over TWO YEARS now and I haven't even received a Notice of Default, I'm glad I only paid a flat fee and not a monthly. Really, I find just as much information on this forum, BUT I do like the fact that I can call and talk to somebody whenever I want. Also I have spoken with a CPA and still have the opportunity to speak with a lawyer when I want to, and those services are included in my fee. For me, it was like paying somebody to hold my hand through the process. Early on, I felt I needed the hand-holding. They do send me an e-mail pretty much weekly with a status update, which is always "no changes." And I do feel quite sure that they are a legitimate company. E-mail is not the best way to contact them--you will get an answer eventually, but you can always call by phone also.
So not really a recommendation--just trying to give the pros and cons of hiring them. They help a little. Whether it's $1,000 worth, I have no idea. But at the time I figured it was "one mortgage payment" and it seemed worth it. I don't really regret it. I kind of like knowing they are there to answer questions if I need them.

mike_68

LoanSafe Member
Dec 28, 2010
Lakeland, FL
Current YWA customer...I don't think anything they've done so far isn't something I could do myself, but I like to have a second set of "eyes" looking at any docs I get from the lender and it's nice that someone else is paying attention to my "foreclosure" status too! Would I recommend them? I guess at this point yes, although I wouldn't ever tell someone they HAVE to use this service. It has provided some piece of mind to myself and my wife during a difficult decision.

Just my .02cents!

tomengers

LoanSafe Member
Apr 5, 2012
Thought I would add my experiences with YouWalkAway. We are in the 11th month of the process. We have learned a lot in the last year. The folks at YouWalkAway are professional, polite, supportive and friendly - and totally knowledgeable. We are disposing of an RV/Condo lot ($150k) and a home mortgage ($300k). When both banks steadily refused to grant a new mortgage (we tried for one year), we contacted YWA and signed up as Gold clients. We soon upgraded to Platinum as the email support in Gold was too slow and painful. When the banks send a letter we fax to YWA and they advise. They advise on telephone rules and what to avoid. We have access to their foreclosure lawyers. We had no experience with these processes and now would NEVER consider doing this again without their help.