Payment Agreements


LoanSafe Member
Mar 28, 2013
I had a couple of credit cards get sent to collection agencies and then to attorneys. Two of them filed suit, and I answered, and I have payment arrangements with them at this point and the lawsuits have been dismissed. My question is this - is there a way that I can try to rebuild my credit by having these payment plans reported to the credit bureaus or am I out of luck?

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
Hello sesameking,

I sincerely apologize for my late reply. I had a family emergency and was away from the forum most the week.

Any creditor who reports to the bureaus can change the information they report. So if a creditor reports it, they can also change it. However I'm not sure once it is in collections because I think they can only report it as paid, settled, charged off or you can pay it off and ask for them to delete the negative information.