Nyt Article Think You Discharged That Debt In Bankruptcy?

kindness

LoanSafe Member
Mar 26, 2014
Dear Mod... I'd like to post this in the foreclosure thread as well as a lot of people in foreclosure go though bankruptcy and should see this. What do you think please?
Thank you.

buchanovich

LoanSafe Member
Oct 9, 2013
New Jersey
Generally it is contempt of court to try to collect a debt that has been discharged. It looks like these banks are twisting it a bit by blackmailing people with their credit reports. I would say it would be appropriate for the Congress (unfortunately a do nothing congress, though) to go after the credit reporting system to a greater extent as that is where so many problems lie, especially the "friction" in getting corrections.

The large corporations make the Mafia look like amateurs.

Reactions: NeedhelpinPA.

NeedhelpinPA.

LoanSafe Member
Feb 14, 2013
Generally it is contempt of court to try to collect a debt that has been discharged. It looks like these banks are twisting it a bit by blackmailing people with their credit reports. I would say it would be appropriate for the Congress (unfortunately a do nothing congress, though) to go after the credit reporting system to a greater extent as that is where so many problems lie, especially the "friction" in getting corrections.

The large corporations make the Mafia look like amateurs.

It doesn't surprise me at all. And WE THE PEOPLE are allowing these scumbags to get away with it. There needs to be a revolution in putting these banks down and out of business. It will come back and bite them all in the arse.

Everyone needs to STOP paying taxes, bet that will get some attention.