New Here And Have A Serious Question

janedoe1625

LoanSafe Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello. I am a recent widow and own a clear deed to my home. The other home I shared with my husband still has a mortgage, however we never were late one day in the past 13 years of owning it. I would like to either get some cash out for my clear home or transfer the balance of the one home to the other, since they are about equal in value. Does anyone have an idea where I can go to do this? Thanks ahead of time. I would leave my # or email, but will wait to see if there is anyone who responds!

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
Hi Janedoe,
Welcome to LoanSafe, you found a great resource to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for sharing your story and my condolences are with you.

I would be happy to help you with your goals, from what you're mentioning there are a few different avenues available. One would be to refinance the loan that you have on the home to pull out equity which would be considered a cash out refinance. The other direction would be to do the same thing with your free & clear property. You can't transfer a balance from one home to another unfortunately.

As far as where you can do it - I personally would be happy to help. I'm the resident real estate expert and licensed loan officer here on the forum. You can see my contact information below on the signature line or feel free to find me here: www.loansbyerik.com or www.loansreduced.com.

I have a few more questions for when you touch base, looking forward to talking with you in more detail.

ccbarrcc

LoanSafe Member
Jul 21, 2015
I lost my husband too. In these trying times, with one income/1 earner, I wouldn't borrow against a free and clear home. It'd be like going to a doctor and asking to be made ill.