Nationstar sent NOD after informed our house was pending sale!

brokeninbellevue

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2013
Nationstar (Mr. Cooper) & Deutsche are at it again!

We signed a purchase and sale agreement on the 15th of Feb. Our realtor called N* and told them the house sold and will be closing on March 19. On March 5th they decided to post an NOD on our door! We've sent a complaint email directly to Deutsche Consumer Complaints and Mike Breniski (the Moderator - his name is probably misspelled here). At the advice of our housing counselor we have submitted complaints to the AG, Consumer Protection Agency, and the WA DFI. N* replied tonight that they will not rescind anything. Can someone please tell me what will happen now with the sale of our house? It is not a short sale. Is N* trying to mess the sale up or just tacking on extra fees for themselves? Deutsche is completely useless as is their settlement agreement. They are not helping homeowner with those old CountryWide loans at all as far as I can tell. We thought we were done with these crooks. We are so close to closing; this is the last bit of stress we need!

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
The only reason they would put a notice of default on your door is if you're currently behind on the mortgage (you didn't mention this). They most likely want to protect themselves if the sale does not go through.

I hope it all works out the best.

brokeninbellevue

LoanSafe Member
Aug 25, 2013
The only reason they would put a notice of default on your door is if you're currently behind on the mortgage (you didn't mention this). They most likely want to protect themselves if the sale does not go through.

I hope it all works out the best.
Thanks for your reply Erik. It did all work out for the best in the end. I was in a panic when I posted that so yes, I forgot to say we were behind on our payments. The sale went through and even though we had to pay the NOD fees we walked away with money and hope that in the future we will be able to buy another home. Our housing counselor was surprised they gave us the NOD even though they had the purchase agreement. She says that basically doesn't happen. Anyone doing business with Nationstar needs to assume and plan for the worst in my opinion. After years of battling Countrywide/BofA/Nationstar/Deutsche we are finally done with them and are glad for that. We wanted to save our house but that obviously didn't come to fruition. The Deutsche settlement was useless to us. Even an assistant to their "monitor" called me on the phone to say as the Trustee, Deutsche didn't have power to do anything. I still find that hard to believe but we are moving forward and are happy for it. We got out at the right time and consider ourselves lucky; tragically millions of others were not as lucky. This forum has been a helpful resource for us for years and has helped hundreds of people and we are thankful for the forums efforts. Best of luck to everyone.

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
Oh wow, that's great to hear and I bet without those extra steps and measures you took you wouldn't have accomplished what you did. Yes here at the forum all we hear are negative things about NationStar and I've even dealt with it personally.

Thank you for sharing your story, and please keep my number handy for when you want to start looking at new homes. I have products that start literally the day after DIL, FC, Short Sale, Bankruptcy with a minimal down payment.

Here's my contact info: [email protected] - 619-379-8999