Nationstar in house modification

Keller

LoanSafe Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi,

I have started a trial period for an in house modification through Nationstar mortgage. They said at the end of the trial period they could either send the modification agreement out traditionally (mail, sign, notarize) or I could sign electronically through a link they would provide via email. Has anyone done this? Is there a better choice?

Thanks,
Keller

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hi,

I have started a trial period for an in house modification through Nationstar mortgage. They said at the end of the trial period they could either send the modification agreement out traditionally (mail, sign, notarize) or I could sign electronically through a link they would provide via email. Has anyone done this? Is there a better choice?

Thanks,
Keller
Welcome and thanks for joining the LoanSafe community.

I'm not sure why they would say you could sign the modification electronically when it needs to be notarized.. Did you receive the trial period agreement in writing before making the first payment? IMO it would be a safer option to request the agreement in writing, make a copy and send it back certified mail return receipt requested so you have proof that is was received.

Keller

LoanSafe Member
Aug 20, 2013
Welcome and thanks for joining the LoanSafe community.

I'm not sure why they would say you could sign the modification electronically when it needs to be notarized.. Did you receive the trial period agreement in writing before making the first payment? IMO it would be a safer option to request the agreement in writing, make a copy and send it back certified mail return receipt requested so you have proof that is was received.
I received a letter stating I was pre-approved for a loan mod (I am behind about $3000) "based on careful review of my account" and that the proposed modification terms were 4% for 40 years. To accept this I had to call by a certain date to confirm participation. I called to confirm and asked them what they needed from me (paperwork wise). They said nothing and that after completing the trial period my loan would be permanently modified and I would receive the agreement within 7 to 10 days via email or mail, my choice.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
I called to confirm and asked them what they needed from me (paperwork wise). They said nothing and that after completing the trial period my loan would be permanently modified and I would receive the agreement within 7 to 10 days via email or mail, my choice.
That's strange, did you ever send in a complete loan modification package along with your pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns, etc for Nationstar to review?