NACAAnswers5

kyosuke75

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2010
NACA Answers 5,

My NACA ID#736880

I was approved by BofA back in November 2009 after going to the Save the Dream event back in Sept 2009 in LA. I accepted their proposal and was waiting for 2+ months for the documentation.

I called BofA why the documents were taking so long as they said they would fed ex them to me. They notified me that my proposal was "canceled" because NACA had submitted two (2) proposals to them. It wasn't much of a reason but they are sticking to that.

I have called NACA many times on the status and it was sent to "escalation". Its been about 2 weeks but there doesn't seem like anything is happening.

Also, BofA is asking for the escrow account payments. Will I need to make those payments or should I hold off until this loan mod is finally official?

Please let me know if you find any information in regards to my account.

Thank You.

lpinlb

LoanSafe Member
Nov 9, 2007
Hi there! I am Naca id# 936612

I have missed three phone consults now becuase the time they call never matches up with my appt. time! I appreciate the calls but would just love to confirm the time zone, I am in CA. I have completed the workshop, web submission, faxed my docs, sent my docs for forensic audit - now I just need to talk to that live person to get the ball rolling! I signed up for another appointment but here's the deal - I am due with our second child in 18 days and I would sure love to talk to someone before then, if at all possible! Can I e-mail back the form letter and fax addresses I have received from NACA servicers or do they not even monitor that info? I was turned down for a loan mod which I had first submitted in April 2009 last month with BofA and we are currently 8 months behind and I am a nervous nelly at this point! Thanks for any suggestions!
Hi there! Checking back in on the above. Can you advise??

VEEGEE

LoanSafe Member
Dec 17, 2009
Hi! I used some of the contact #'s I've found on this site to connect with BofA directly as well as work with NACA, I rec'd an offer from BofA that I faxed to NACA right away. It was for $1626.39 3 month trial payment (31%). A rep at NACA told me that his contact at BofA didn't know anything about that offer and that my file was still being reviewed. A few days later NACA emailed me this:

"We have reviewed the case and are unable to offer a modification based on the borrower’s current financial situation. We can offer a 6 month Home Saver Forbearance Plan. A reduced payment of $985.35 can be accepted 4/1/2010 through 9/1/2010. During the forbearance period, contact servicer immediately if there is a change in the financial situation, and we will reevaluate to see if permanent solution is possible."

What is your experience with the Home Saver Forebearance and what do we need to do to our budget to qualify for the perm mod?

Thanks for you help!!

NACA# 735453

IBeg2Differ

LoanSafe Member
Feb 10, 2010
I sent you an email about 2 days ago. I just want to make sure that you got it. I had sent NACA the new information for my new servicer, and I don't think anything has been sent to them. Transfer letter and info was faxed to NACA on 03/13, and I do not see anything updated in our NACA file or any proposal sent to our new servicer.

plantgeek

LoanSafe Member
Mar 29, 2010
Orange County, CA
Hello,

Would one of the NACA folks please tell me what address I should write on form 4506T-EZ "Request for individual tax transcript" for item 5. "name and address for third party that transcript is to be mailed to." I left it blank at the recommendation of a NACA negotiator, however my servicer keeps responding that the form must be complete including that section.

Please save me another hour plus wait on hold and let me know what address I should use for NACA when completing the 4506T-EZ form so I can re-submit it.

Thanks

davephx

LoanSafe Member
Jul 21, 2009
Yah the don't tell you the address you are suppose to know it.

Once I had right address except I didn't include a mail stop number - had no clue needed or what from Citi.

Submitted 4506-T 9 times. Also had to resend because didn't know had to check box 6c etc.

Elora123

LoanSafe Member
Jun 6, 2009
Need help to find my current status. On Special Repayment plan which increases drastically May 1st. Naca/Citi. Last counsel with Naca was phone message and call back from Kevin Winn's office in March, but nothing became of my new submissions. Late in March before new Special Repayment contract was due I had a counseling appointment. The counselor wanted to submit a whole new proposal which did not make sense. I have calls into my Citi negotiator who seldom calls back. My big payment will be due very soon and it wilk be 3/4 of our social security. Can you help me check on my current status? I was still promised a mod this month. #575381. Thanks you.

IndyMac Nightmare

LoanSafe Member
Oct 14, 2009
No CA
I am NACA ID 813816

I received trial mod offer for almost $2900, only $100 less than our loan and not sustainable for us. (We started this process one year ago.)

How do I obtain the figures IndyMac is basing this decision upon?

Who at NACA will actually help me in trying to negotiate with IndyMac?

NACA website says they still have no response from my lender re: a loan mod. I could not get an appt until Tuesday with NACA negotiator. The first one available was 6AM, which again does not state which time zone, so it may be 3AM my time? Please clarify. No one on the phone at NACA has ever been able to clarify how to understand the appointment time schedule and lack of time zone noted.

Strange, because the day I received a trial mod offer in the mail, I spoke with negotiator at NACA who said nothing new had happened. So, is this trial mod in response to NACA submission or is this an entirely new thing and IndyMac's response to NACA will be more within our means?

Next auction date is end of April.

ale120

LoanSafe Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hello, I need your help. I have been trying to work with NACA and BOFA for the past year. On this week I received a letter of intent to eccelarate and I called NACA, could not get anyone and sent several emails to names that I was given. No reply....Can you please help my NACA number is 593238.

thanks so much

very desperate....

bayarea

LoanSafe Member
Apr 18, 2010
bayarea, california
Hi Latoya, I just sent you an email regarding my situation and the impending sale date (in 3 days!) please take a look at file, and let me know if you can help with postponing the date? thank you thank you!

REF ID: 802978

IBeg2Differ

LoanSafe Member
Feb 10, 2010
Today (07/07) I received a FedEx envelope with a modification from BOA. We used to have Wilshire with an adjustable mortgage loan that was at 6.1% and had a monthly payment of $1053 (P&I, no taxes). Our loan was transferred to BOA this past March.
BOA offers a lower interest rate of 3%, fixed mortgage, and a monthly payment of $1281.52 that includes taxes. BOA is giving us until July 26 to send in all the signed docs.
We are going to be paying more than before each month, which will be a problem. I am just afraid of not accepting since we are already under foreclosure procedures.
Can you check my file and truthfully let me know if this is a good offer according to my income and budget?? Thank you!!!
ID 460505

reactorman

LoanSafe Member
Mar 6, 2010
New Jersey
My wife and I went to the NACA Save the Dream event in Atlantic City for 2 days; 5/22/10 and 5/23/10. We both voluntered to help NACA on 5/22/10 and after our 9 hours of help, we went to the main floor where the representatives from various servicers were to speak to a rep. from Bank of America to get a loan modification. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the main floor, a message was played over the P.A. system stating that the representatives were leaving for the day. We stayed to speak to a NACA negotiator; Bobby Brown; over the phone and to fax over all of the needed documents. We came back on 5/23/10 to speak in person to a representative from Bank of America. We spoke to Brittany Edwards and she went over all of aur documents and in the end told us that we were approved for a loan modification, but she did not have the authorization to make the final approval. She said that she needed to send it back to BoA's underwriters just to "check her math." She said that as long as her math was correct, we would be approved. Since then, we have faxed over 110 pages of documents: 2 months of paystubs, bank statements (checking and savings), the NACA authorization page (for the 3rd time!), and other documents.

This morning, I received a call from a NACA negotiator and he told us that our servicer had denied our loan modification. He said that he would foward all of our information to someone higher than him and that he wanted us to fax over updated information from the last time we faxed: latest paystubs, 1 month of bank statements. He said that we should receive a call in a few hours. We never got a call and I have called twice to NACA. The first time I did get in contact with a NACA representative and I explained the situation to him. He said he would try to transfer my call to the negotiator. After about 5 minutes, I received a busy signal. The second time I called, I got down to "Caller #19" and then it was silence for over 10 minutes. Obviously, I was disconnected. I don't know what to do now.

My wife and I have done everything in our power to save as much money as possible. Cut all of our bills down, including food. We have rented out a bedroom for $500/mo. and have 3 more people in our home; a sister-in-law, her daughter, and her 2 1/2 year old grandson. There are now 6 people total in our home, none of which have anywhere to go. We will literally be homeless, in every sense of the word. I have exactly 4 months left on forbearance.

Can someone (NACA answers) look into this and let us know what we can do? Please! There are 6 people here depending on a loan modification or we will all be homeless! Thank you!

James MacPherson
reactorman

losangeles

LoanSafe Member
Oct 4, 2009
It seems Bank of America didn't take into consideration my NACA budget at all when they did my modification, my monthly payments actually went up 25%. Where is the follow up ?

davephx

LoanSafe Member
Jul 21, 2009
Most servicers ignore NACA "solutions".

So much for their "iron clad contracts".

A lucky few get their solutions but rarely.

Some servicers won't work with you directly if your also working with NACA and while working direct is hard enough it seems even harder with NACA. Regardless of the "proposed solution" you are thrilled about at the Save the Dream events - it often is a nightmare. But again a few get lucky and in some ways the NACA solution is better than HAMP - fixed rate no step up - but also no extension to 40 years (NACA doesn't believe in long terms saying its too much like renting.

Bfair

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2010
NACA has changed tremendously, There is no one in particular as far as negotiator for a particular servicer. All negotiators respond to all banks that we have agreements with and try to develop a relationship with the smaller servicers who we do not have a contract with to help homeowners. Kevin Winn handles escalated Negotiation files whether you have been denied or you reject the proposal and so on. As far as Chase is concerned, we(NACA) are at war. Chase is very difficult to work with at the moment. If you would like you can email me your ID and I can schedule you an appointment with a negotiator or you can schedule an appointment with a negotiator by going into your NACA file and click the link to speak with one at any date or time that is convenient for you.
I am in this escalated situation, Chase sent me a modification offer which i rejected,and just 3 days ago they sent me another letter saying i have been transfered to IBM and next day, saying i am not transfered. Please how can NACA help me. I tried registereing but could not finish due to tech. issues. I will e-mail you. Thanks

fantastica123

LoanSafe Member
Oct 6, 2010
NACA is a total wasting of time. Do a search for reviews and complains and you will have plenty of sad stories. I used NACA for my modification and GMAC said they never sent the documents needed to continue with the modification process. I ended up sending them myself. I got the anser from GMAC few days later. NACA doesn't do follow up, the inforamtion is wrong, poor customer service. Please do a research online and you will have plenty to red. A total wasting of time that will hurt you morethan benefif you.