NACA Assistance in getting a BOA modification

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Hello all!!

I am new here and find all this information VERY informative! I have fallen behind on my BOA mortgage payments because of a divorce and loss of household income. BOA began the foreclosure preceedings and my lawyer has been great in defending me. You see I hired a crappy law firm/modification company to help me get a mod so I could stay in the house I love and they did nothing but take my money. This lost me valuable time, hence the foreclosure. We did win a judgement to set the foreclosure aside because of the misrepresentation by the crappy law firm however BOA's law firm here in Iowa is calling for a summary judgement to hurry up and foreclose on me. If we don't win this summary judgement I will be out of my house all because BOA would not give me a modification. I have not given up nor will I! I need to know how I go about seeking the assistance from the NACA to get a BOA modification. I also have the COO and CEO's e-mails but I am saving them for use later. If anyone has advice on how to get aggressive with BOA and get a modification I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks so much!!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
We did win a judgement to set the foreclosure aside because of the misrepresentation by the crappy law firm however BOA's law firm here in Iowa is calling for a summary judgement to hurry up and foreclose on me. If we don't win this summary judgement I will be out of my house all because BOA would not give me a modification. I have not given up nor will I! I need to know how I go about seeking the assistance from the NACA to get a BOA modification. I also have the COO and CEO's e-mails but I am saving them for use later. If anyone has advice on how to get aggressive with BOA and get a modification I would greatly appreciate it!
Welcome and thanks for joining the community.

I'm very sorry to hear you obtained the services of a loan mod firm that was able to do nothing for you. To get started I would send out an email to the CEOs office right away to help escalate your modification and see where you are at in the review process. You want to make sure that you keep in consistent contact with your lender as well and do not depend on anyone or company to do all the communications, especially when foreclosure proceedings have begun. NACA is definitely a legitimate non-profit but they too can be overwhelmed so you will want to work side by side with them to ensure everything goes well and their is no miscommunication between you and the lender. We even have a section here dedicated to NACA and you can view this section here:

NACA

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
That is awesome!! I have an e-mail drafted ready to send to the CEO of BOA however it failed because it was a bad e-mail address. I will try again!
Welcome and thanks for joining the community.

I'm very sorry to hear you obtained the services of a loan mod firm that was able to do nothing for you. To get started I would send out an email to the CEOs office right away to help escalate your modification and see where you are at in the review process. You want to make sure that you keep in consistent contact with your lender as well and do not depend on anyone or company to do all the communications, especially when foreclosure proceedings have begun. NACA is definitely a legitimate non-profit but they too can be overwhelmed so you will want to work side by side with them to ensure everything goes well and their is no miscommunication between you and the lender. We even have a section here dedicated to NACA and you can view this section here:

NACA

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
That is awesome!! I have an e-mail drafted ready to send to the CEO of BOA however it failed because it was a bad e-mail address. I will try again!
Posted this in the other thread for you, but will also post here for other members;

Bank of America CEO:

[email protected]
Direct: 1-704-386-5687

LiveYourLife

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
California
Bradvancil, sorry to hear about your circumstances. Wish you the best on getting ultimately what you want to accomplish.

Agree w/Evan, go ahead and escalate; number might be busy as you can imagine the volume of calls, but keep on trying.

And Cat provided the CEO's email address; you should get a reply back from one of his executive team members.

I am on the 3rd single contact person @ BofA; going thru DOJ application and review process; 1st contact assigned to me was horrible! 2nd was polite but clue-less; After escalating it to the executive team this week, I was assigned a 3rd contact, seems to be more knowledge-able and responsive. But can't let our guards down, keep on fighting, and focus on your objectives.

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for the info!! I have been fighting this fight for one year now and I am not about to give up! I have a securitization audit in my possession stating my mortgage is severly securitized...shocking I know because it's BOA!! My lawyer is waiting to pull that rabbit out when we need it! I feel it's leverage to get the modification I want! Also, I have my initial counseling session with NACA Tuesday. I'm excited to see where this takes me. I'm going at this with NACA and on my own!! My goal is to get the modification done before any more court hearings/rulings occur regarding the foreclosure BOA is trying to do to me!! The judge has already rulled to set the foreclosure aside once, now BOA's scum bag lawyers are asking for a summary judgement assuming I will just roll over and play dead! Not me!! I'll definately provide the results as they come in!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
I love your attitude and you are on the right track! We have many others here going through the process as well and you will find everything you could possibly need to know about this process. Stay strong and keep us posted n your progress!

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Need NACA support and direction for my BOA modification!!!

So I have my initial consultation with NACA tomorrow and am very excited to get this ball rolling!! Does anyone have any tips regarding this meeting?? I want to make sure my file gets submitted without any issues!! I will take any advice so I can begin my success story! Thanks in advance for any advice provided!!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
I'm sure others will chime in here as well with so many who have obtained NACA's service, but I would just make sure you have all of your most recent financial information information ready to go along with your list of expenses. Here is the list of information NACA requests you bring to the consultation:

https://www.nacalynx.com/nacaWeb/refinance/homesaveProgram.aspx?language=

DOCUMENT SUBMISSION

You need to submit the following documents by fax, electronically or bring them to your meeting with your Mortgage Counselor. The most effective and fastest way to assist you is to submit the documents into your electronic file by any of the following three options:

Personalized fax cover sheet that has your Member ID and faxing to 1-877-Fax-NACA (1-877-329-6222)
Personalized email;
Your computer

Required Prior to Phone Counseling Appointments:
(For face-to-face meetings in a local NACA office, you can bring in the documents you were not able to submit electronically)

Income Verification:
Employment Income (paystubs - most recent 30 days)
Self-employment (bank statements – last six months)
Completed Web-Submission
Tax Returns – 2010
Authorization Agreement – signed electronically in Web-Submission or signed fax

Required Prior to Obtaining an Affordable Solution from Your Servicer:

Tax Authorization - form 4506T-EZ or 4506T
NACA Participant Agreement – signed electronically in Web-Submission or signed fax
Hardship Affidavit – signed through your Web-File after file submitted to Servicer
Dodd-Frank Certification – signed electronically or signed fax
HAMP Opt-Out – signed electronically or signed fax

Recommended if Available (not required unless requested by Servicer):

Mortgage Statement (most recent month available) for first and second mortgage
Property Tax Bill (most recent month available)
Homeowners Insurance Bill (you can obtain from your insurance agent)
HOA (Homeowners Association) Statement

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
OK, Gotcha!!! I have all my ducks in a row! I faxed the necessary docs and have filled out all the other computer information requested! i am ready to get rocking! Thanks so much for providing this service! I will post tomorrow after my phone call!! I just hope I get an offer before the foreclosure proceedings advance to a sale!! I think I have time so game on!! I have been dealing with BOA for one year now and want to be done!! They have given me such the run around and I am sick of it! I'll post tomorrow!! Have a great night all!

Never give up the fight!!

I'm sure others will chime in here as well with so many who have obtained NACA's service, but I would just make sure you have all of your most recent financial information information ready to go along with your list of expenses. Here is the list of information NACA requests you bring to the consultation:

https://www.nacalynx.com/nacaWeb/refinance/homesaveProgram.aspx?language=

DOCUMENT SUBMISSION

You need to submit the following documents by fax, electronically or bring them to your meeting with your Mortgage Counselor. The most effective and fastest way to assist you is to submit the documents into your electronic file by any of the following three options:

Personalized fax cover sheet that has your Member ID and faxing to 1-877-Fax-NACA (1-877-329-6222)
Personalized email;
Your computer

Required Prior to Phone Counseling Appointments:
(For face-to-face meetings in a local NACA office, you can bring in the documents you were not able to submit electronically)

Income Verification:
Employment Income (paystubs - most recent 30 days)
Self-employment (bank statements – last six months)
Completed Web-Submission
Tax Returns – 2010
Authorization Agreement – signed electronically in Web-Submission or signed fax

Required Prior to Obtaining an Affordable Solution from Your Servicer:

Tax Authorization - form 4506T-EZ or 4506T
NACA Participant Agreement – signed electronically in Web-Submission or signed fax
Hardship Affidavit – signed through your Web-File after file submitted to Servicer
Dodd-Frank Certification – signed electronically or signed fax
HAMP Opt-Out – signed electronically or signed fax

Recommended if Available (not required unless requested by Servicer):

Mortgage Statement (most recent month available) for first and second mortgage
Property Tax Bill (most recent month available)
Homeowners Insurance Bill (you can obtain from your insurance agent)
HOA (Homeowners Association) Statement

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
I love your attitude and you seem fired up and ready to be successful going through this daunting process! Please keep us posted on your progress and we will do all we can to help you along the way:)

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Phone call from BOA...

SO this AM I missed a phone call from a Rosa Castro. She then send the e-mail listed below...

I have attempted to reach you by telephone to discuss your account in further detail. My last phone call to you was on December 4, 2012. Left message on phone .When calling, please ensure that you properly authenticate with your loan number to be automatically routed to speak with me. My office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am -4:00pm PST. Thank you for being a valued customer.Sincerely,

So I need a little guidence here. I have my NACA counseling on Friday. In the mean time do I call this lady back?? I did send an e-mail to the OOP at BOA however you would think Rosa Castro would identify that she is from that office. I don't want to mess anything up with NACA so I am hesitant to call. What would other people do in this situation?? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
So I need a little guidence here. I have my NACA counseling on Friday. In the mean time do I call this lady back?? I did send an e-mail to the OOP at BOA however you would think Rosa Castro would identify that she is from that office. I don't want to mess anything up with NACA so I am hesitant to call. What would other people do in this situation?? Thanks in advance for the assistance!
If you recently contacted the OOP this is most likely the reason Rosa is now contacting you. It could be that see is your new point of contact and wants to go over some numbers or request additional info. Remember you do not have to get too in detail with her if you do not feel comfortable and let them know that you are working side by side with NACA to help modify your account. Personally I would go ahead and call her back to find out why she was calling and if anything is needed from you. If it is a simple request for documents I would go ahead and get those together asap to avoid any future delay in the process.

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
NACA submission completed!!!

So I finally get my NACA file submission completed to BOA loss mitigation department. Now the waiting begins...or kind of! I'm just the proactive type so I sent an e-mail to the OOP at BOA and advised them my file was submitted. I'm sick and tired of being the little push over home owner. My next step is to get my local politicians invoilved and provide them with the OOP's e-mail address! I work my butt off weekly, so much so that I deserve my house! I hope this will stop the foreclosure process as well. My lawyer is great and has been very successful defending me thus far...I just want tobe done with it all and move on with a normal life!! If anyone has and suggestions on what to do no to contiue the pro-activity I am VERY open!! Thanks much!!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
You seem to be going about all the right necessary steps and are doing a great job bringing attention to your account. Just continue being proactive like you are now and once a rep is assigned to your account I would follow up with them at least 1-2 times (if possible) per week to ensure there are no problems or missing information for your file.

Good luck!

lwillhite

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you recently contacted the OOP this is most likely the reason Rosa is now contacting you. It could be that see is your new point of contact and wants to go over some numbers or request additional info. Remember you do not have to get too in detail with her if you do not feel comfortable and let them know that you are working side by side with NACA to help modify your account. Personally I would go ahead and call her back to find out why she was calling and if anything is needed from you. If it is a simple request for documents I would go ahead and get those together asap to avoid any future delay in the process.

Hello bradvancil,

Please be aware that any contact you receive directly from your servicer will have no association with your NACA file. Our agreement with BOA requires that all communication regarding your NACA proposal must be made through your NACA file.

As Evan noted, "let them know that you are working side by side with NACA to help modify your account". If they ask you directly for documents, the request is coming from a different department that has nothing to do with your NACA file. By sending them documents directly, you will create a separate file at BOA that is not associated with your NACA proposal and that NACA cannot help you with.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them in the Home Save section on our NACA Forum at NACA Blog | NACA's Official Blog and Forums.

Evan, as always, thank you for your excellent advice to homeowners, your support of NACA and all of your outstanding work here on LoanSafe. It is greatly appreciated!

Tim Trumble
Online Operations, NACA
[email protected]

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Thats good to hear. I keep playing phone tag with the person from the OOP. She e-mailed me and I replied however she has not e-mailed me back. She called my parents home, which is in a different state and I politely asked her to not do that and provided her with the correct number, whcih she called today. I have her bosses number so I may go that route if need be. I'm not that egar to speak with her because my NACA file has been submitted. I just wanted to let her know that it was submitted and I did so in my e-mail to her and the president himself. Gonna cool it now for a little bit and play the game. I don't want to be a nusense, just want to be heard and more importantly understood and taken seriously!! Thanks a lot again for the support and information! I'll keep this going till the bitter end!!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Thank you Tim for the kind words and always taking the time to help out members here in the community!! NACA has done wonders for countless homeowners around the nation and we will continue to support the wonderful work you have accomplished!

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Thank you for the kind words and we will do everything we can to help and support you along the way during these difficult times. Make sure that if you call in for updates you always inform them you are working with NACA just in case a different department attempts to open a separate file for your account.

bradvancil

LoanSafe Member
Nov 20, 2012
Does foreclosure get set aside while you are waiting for answers????

I just had my file submitted to BOA through NACA. My home has been involved in foreclosure proceedings since last July. My lawyer has successfully set the foreclosure aside once and will be doing this again on Dec. 21st at the next hearing. Since I submitted my file to BOA through NACA, doesn't the foreclosure have to stop while I am being evaluated for a modification?? I think I have read this in the forum elsewhere. Just curious as I wait for the answer...also would it be beneficial to call or e-mail the OOP and let them know NACA has submitted my file...you know, to lite a fire under them?? Thanks so much for all the assistance!