NACA Answers3

22mosinprocess

LoanSafe Member
Oct 8, 2010
Chase servicer BofA investor Can NACA help?

I have been trying to get a Mod from the evil Chase bank for 22 months. There is an event in Sacramento CA going on right now. I'm trying to decide if I should go there (It's a treck).

Is NACA having any success modifying Chase serviced loans? The investor is BofA.

I might do the drive just to put in a federal complaint (I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on my own.)

sdeniseed

LoanSafe Member
Jun 30, 2010
I just want to add that I've had a wonderful experience with NACA. From April until just last week, whenever I've needed assistance NACA has been there. I've just completed a trial modification and was trying to get my file submitted to Chase for a final review. For some reason Chase stopped talking to me and told me I had to go through NACA which is weird since I've been a NACA case all along and was able to speak to both CHASE and NACA. I am so thankful for Arielle C. who is always there when I need NACA assistance. She's professional and always gets things done.

Thanks NACA for all that you do. It's people like me that would have lost their homes without an assist from you.

orvickk

LoanSafe Member
Oct 17, 2010
I'm re-posting this from a different thread. I apologize for the length... I am brand new at this forum, brand new to NACA... and 22 months into trying desperately save my home. Hoping to find some answers. Though this is long, it is only a portion of the story. Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to read. :)

I attended NACA Sacramento 10/11/10... and was so optimistic. It was such an loooong process, but people all around me were getting results. Once finally getting to the B of A lender and after he had gotten up and sought out managers three different times, the only thing he could do for me was send my information on to NACA advisors for further review. Uh... ok. So not a total loss, but... Two days after the event, B of A explained that the only thing they could do for me was to "reinstate" the loan after I came up with $40,000 in back owed money, including $5000 worth of B of A attorney fees that they claim "I" have cost them. If I could come up with the $40,000 it would essentially mean that I return to a very bad loan that landed me here in the first place. Not the answer I was hoping for. I have an incredibly long story like so many people. The shortest version being in 2008 I built my home of my dreams on land, 2 acres, I had inherited from my deceased father. After a year of construction, I converted a "one-time fix construction loan" to a mortgage. It was a nightmare. Options the bank had offered at the beginning of construction were no longer offered when I went to convert. I was set on a 30 year fix and did not want any of the ARM loans that were being written and that is exactly what I ended up with. Sadly, in the zillions of papers I signed, the bank covered their self and in the end, I had to sign for this loan or end up in a penalty phase and serious fees were going to be leveled against me. So I was in trouble from the very beginning. One month before my first mortgage payment was due, I had contacted a negotiator to attempt to help me contact the bank because I was getting no place on my own. It has been a very long 22 months. I have a file four inches thick of paperwork and communication with the bank. I have been in foreclosure for four months and avoided a sale three times so far. I have paid full payments, no payments, half payments, and doubles to catch up all on the advice of "the latest" clerk I happened to get in contact with at the bank. I at one time qualified for some form of modification where they accepted partial pays only to have been "kicked out" of that program for a payment that they say I sent in late. To be told after that, sorry I simply just did not qualify. I have paid an attorney $2300 and a negotiator $1700 all in the name of saving my house. I think I read somewhere on this thread that one man was willing to piddle on a spark plug if that would get his mortgage modified. I am so there with him. I have three children and this home sits on land that has been in my family since my Dad was 17 years old. It is more than just a house. I have a solid income. NACA worked out a 31% payment offer that works with my budget, yet still the B of A is unwilling to budge. I'm at such a loss. Now that the NACA event has ended, I am having great difficulty getting in touch with anyone with the numbers given. I have been unable to make a counselor appt., request a forensic audit, or reach a live body by phone. Help! My NACA ID #1211240 Any ideas?

Well I originally posted this yesterday. Tuesday of last week, a negotiator trying to help me was told by B of A that NACA had my file and they could not speak to him. Weds, same thing. By Thursday, 10/14 NACA states on my status "File pushed out from pending list. Additional notes placed in spreadsheet." and B of A is willing to speak again to myself and the negotiator. I'm not sure what that meant. This is when they explain the $40,000+ is needed to reinstate. Last night out of pure frustration, I sat down to search Bruce Marks and in the process find this forum on loansafe.org. I posted the above on the NACA Sacramento thread. Today, my negotiator and I attempt to contact the bank again to be told NACA has my file. !?! I'm hoping this is a good thing? I have read and read and read. My head is spinning. There are great success stories here and many stories so similar to mine. I want so badly to join in the ranks of success stories.

BabyBlue

LoanSafe Member
Nov 23, 2010
California
It looks like it has been some time since there was a post on this NACA Forum. That may be evidence that NACA is not the "Save the Dream" organization it claims to be. They did nothing to help me. I went to an event in California and was told by Wells Fargo I had been given a modification and the terms were given to me. In the month that followed I realized it was all a lie. I got an email from NACA (boilerplate) telling me my request was denied and that despite agreements, NACA cannot force, just as the President of the United States cannot force the banks to cooperate. If you go to NACA events I suggest you take an attorney, food, a tape recorder and order video cam!!! NACA seems to claim that in LA they modified 80% of 45,000 mortgages (Number of attendees). I challenge NACA to provide the data to support that and also call upon NACA to explain the profit they make from each modified mortgage and where that money goes. In their form letter to me they suggested I advocate for myself (Gee, thanks) and told me I should think about attending one of their events (Which I had already done). They also encouraged me to submit a copy of my mortgage statement which I had faxed to them long before. A word to the wise...if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

injeopardy2

LoanSafe Member
Jan 2, 2011
San Bernardino
I sent you an email. I hope I can get some info that will help me complete this very stressful plight! I have been told to give up on NACA many times, but I was hopeful that my decision to stay connected, has not been in vain.

injeopardy2

LoanSafe Member
Jan 2, 2011
San Bernardino
piggyback to previous message. my NACA ID# 999929. I hear the good and bad about NACA. I have not been sitting around waiting, I have been busy calling, writing, emails sent to every person, or entity that can advocate for me to keep my home thru a Loan Modification. I posted my plight under the post re Loan Modifications.

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
I had another counseling session with NACA and they could still not obtain my credit report. I called experian and they said I had to wait 72 hours for them to get some other social security numbers and then NACA can pull the report. I want to know after this will NACA be able to contact my servicer regarding Loan modification. THANK YOU

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
I started my file with NACA on Feb 27 2013. They cannot proceed because everytime NACA tries to pull my credit from experian they cannot get it. NACA tells me to call Experian. I called them twie and they say to wait 2 hours and try again. If anyone can help me with this situation so I can have my application moved on to mortgage company I would welcome the help. Thank you