NACA Answers3

bayarea

LoanSafe Member
Apr 18, 2010
3
0
0
bayarea, california
Hi, my sale date is in 3 days (Wednesday April 21). I have not heard from NACA at all about helping me postpone the foreclosure. I feel like no one is looking at my file. Please help! I am still in the middle of negotiations with BOFA...I am willing to just about do anything...!! HELP! What can I do to postpone the sale? I need more time to negotiate a deal with the bank!
Ref: NACA ID#802978
 

helpsavemyhome

LoanSafe Member
Dec 1, 2008
491
8
18
Call BofA first thing in the morning and ask to talk to a supervisor in the foreclosure dept....tell them you are in negotiations thru NACA and need to have someone send a request to the lawyers to have your sale date postponed. You might have to call back a few times and talk to several different people before you find someone who will put you thru to a supervisor.
 

helpsavemyhome

LoanSafe Member
Dec 1, 2008
491
8
18
bayarea, NACA will just send BofA an email asking them to postpone the sale date...since your sale date is only three days away, you will get things resolved faster if you contact BofA yourself. This is how I was successful at getting my own auction date postponed only TWO HOURS before they were to sell my home. I was frantic!

Best of luck to you!
 

xevets

LoanSafe Member
Apr 6, 2010
64
0
6
thank you! i will do that. do you think NACA can do anything at this point to postpone the foreclosure? Or is my only hope now is contacting BOFA directly?

Try this Making Home Affordable Program - Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives this should help you out good luck.

By the way NACA is swamped they did not help me in the year I have been dealing with them, I almost lost my house because they did nothing but give me the run around. Take control of your fate by calling BofA today.

Steven
 

goldiet09

LoanSafe Member
Oct 31, 2009
8
0
0
I need help. I requested HAMP from Wachovia. It was denied. I then joined NACA, submitted all my paperwork to NACA and they submitted a restructure proposal to Wachovia. Wachovia then replied denying HAMP and MAP, which they said they had previously denied because I wasn't qualified. I called NACA to set up appointment with negotiator. The link on the webpage gives you a counselor appt. and not negotiator. A week or so later spoke with counselor, who put my name on the negotiator list and said a negotiator would call me back. Instead I got an email which stated "neg. supp. due to technical difficulties unable to conduct negot. phone session with member-mbr file will be resubmitted for a second review by lender as per naca request. would like for file to be considered for a traditional mod-please allow 15 business days for lenders response." Received denial again from Wachovia. Set up another appt. with counselor. Got RUDE counselor who told me my servicer wasn't going to do anything; that I had to get rid of my stellar credit rating and go in default, as obviously that's what my servicer expects. I had to get down in the dirt with all the others. I exploded and told her I was a widow trying to save my home. She also told me I wasn't qualified by NACA to speak to a negotiator and thats why the webpage takes me to a counselor appt. She finally said she would put me on the negotiator list and they would call back. That never happened so I got another counselor who, after finally convincing them I had been turned down twice, agreed to put me on the counselor list and they would call me NLT Wednesday, 4/14. I HAVE HEARD NOTHING. There is nothing to update on my financials. I am on social security disability since 1992. I have completed the forensic audit and they found numerous severe issues. My NACA ID no. is 767014. I don't know what to do next.
 

IBeg2Differ

LoanSafe Member
Feb 10, 2010
17
1
0
Hello NacaAnswers 3,
I just sent you an email today, so I would appreciate it if you could help me out ("Updates to BOA"). I was also having trouble uploading docs online and emailing them through my Naca email. We sent all this information to Naca because BOA called us saying that they are waiting for them in order to provide us with a mod plan. We are desperate to have this info sent to them ASAP so that we can finally finish this long process towards a solution. Thanks!! 460505
 

kidwhite

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2010
41
0
0
NACA Answers,
My file is in escelations and has been for a couple months. I have a contact in the escelations dept. but I havent' gotten any responses to my last couple emails to them. I still have not had any response from Litton and I have been in review since 1/29/10. Can you please let me know if there has been anything going on with my file?
#827839
 

ccorey1147

LoanSafe Member
Jun 17, 2009
17
0
0
I believe Naca is in cahoots with the banks. They were super helpful in the beginning of the process, always called at our schedule time for counseling session. They submitted my proposal to Wachovia on 4/26/10. On 5/26/10 Wachovia denied the proposal for "no financial hardship". Since getting denied, I have had 3 Negotiating appointments set up and NACA failed to call each time. My forensic audit was complete on 5/21/10 but they wont release it because it contains "legal" information. Why did I provide them with all this info if they are providing me with nothing in return? Very disappointed with NACA. Anyone else?
 

labutterflyloca

LoanSafe Member
Nov 5, 2009
19
0
0
Your cries for help are falling on "deaf ears" folks!

See my previous post today titled...."NACA Answers...you need to update your contact info!!!!"

I received auto-replies from both [email protected] and [email protected] stating that they were now working in different departments, and to call 888-404-6222 for assitance.

I'm in the same boat as you guys....we've been with NACA since October of 2009 and are totally in the dark. Our auction is set for this Wednesday, and out of 5 different people that I've emailed at NACA, none have gotten back to me. :confused:
 

sizradic

LoanSafe Member
Mar 26, 2010
2
0
0
please could somebody explain this message from my Naca web file. [FONT=&quot]***HAMP Review—Pending Approval*** Modification request submitted through Profiler. “Solicitation Letter will be sent by the MHA Team” HAMP decision pending customer returning required docs and MHA underwriting. Loan will be Referred Out, but is still in an active workout for MHA. PLEASE DO NOT REFER TO PREVIOUS NEGOTIATOR ASSIGNED. All calls are being serviced by MHA Call Center
[/FONT]
 

IBeg2Differ

LoanSafe Member
Feb 10, 2010
17
1
0
Naca Answers3.....I need your help!!

You have done such a great job at responding and helping people with their particular issues, I know I can trust you for this.....

Today (07/07) I received a FedEx envelope with a modification from BOA. We used to have Wilshire with an adjustable mortgage loan that was at 6.1% and had a monthly payment of $1053 (P&I, no taxes). Our loan was transferred to BOA this past March.
BOA offers a lower interest rate of 3%, fixed mortgage, and a monthly payment of $1281.52 that includes taxes. BOA is giving us until July 26 to send in all the signed docs.
We are going to be paying more than before each month, which will be a problem. I am just afraid of not accepting since we are already under foreclosure procedures.
Can you check my file and truthfully let me know if this is a good offer according to my income and budget?? Thank you!!!
ID 460505
 

reactorman

LoanSafe Member
Mar 6, 2010
129
1
0
New Jersey
My wife and I went to the NACA Save the Dream event in Atlantic City for 2 days; 5/22/10 and 5/23/10. We both voluntered to help NACA on 5/22/10 and after our 9 hours of help, we went to the main floor where the representatives from various servicers were to speak to a rep. from Bank of America to get a loan modification. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the main floor, a message was played over the P.A. system stating that the representatives were leaving for the day. We stayed to speak to a NACA negotiator; Bobby Brown; over the phone and to fax over all of the needed documents. We came back on 5/23/10 to speak in person to a representative from Bank of America. We spoke to Brittany Edwards and she went over all of aur documents and in the end told us that we were approved for a loan modification, but she did not have the authorization to make the final approval. She said that she needed to send it back to BoA's underwriters just to "check her math." She said that as long as her math was correct, we would be approved. Since then, we have faxed over 110 pages of documents: 2 months of paystubs, bank statements (checking and savings), the NACA authorization page (for the 3rd time!), and other documents.

This morning, I received a call from a NACA negotiator and he told us that our servicer had denied our loan modification. He said that he would foward all of our information to someone higher than him and that he wanted us to fax over updated information from the last time we faxed: latest paystubs, 1 month of bank statements. He said that we should receive a call in a few hours. We never got a call and I have called twice to NACA. The first time I did get in contact with a NACA representative and I explained the situation to him. He said he would try to transfer my call to the negotiator. After about 5 minutes, I received a busy signal. The second time I called, I got down to "Caller #19" and then it was silence for over 10 minutes. Obviously, I was disconnected. I don't know what to do now.

My wife and I have done everything in our power to save as much money as possible. Cut all of our bills down, including food. We have rented out a bedroom for $500/mo. and have 3 more people in our home; a sister-in-law, her daughter, and her 2 1/2 year old grandson. There are now 6 people total in our home, none of which have anywhere to go. We will literally be homeless, in every sense of the word. I have exactly 4 months left on forbearance.

Can someone (NACA answers) look into this and let us know what we can do? Please! There are 6 people here depending on a loan modification or we will all be homeless! Thank you!

James MacPherson
reactorman
 

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
1,934
6
0
CA
My wife and I went to the NACA Save the Dream event in Atlantic City for 2 days; 5/22/10 and 5/23/10. We both voluntered to help NACA on 5/22/10 and after our 9 hours of help, we went to the main floor where the representatives from various servicers were to speak to a rep. from Bank of America to get a loan modification. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the main floor, a message was played over the P.A. system stating that the representatives were leaving for the day. We stayed to speak to a NACA negotiator; Bobby Brown; over the phone and to fax over all of the needed documents. We came back on 5/23/10 to speak in person to a representative from Bank of America. We spoke to Brittany Edwards and she went over all of aur documents and in the end told us that we were approved for a loan modification, but she did not have the authorization to make the final approval. She said that she needed to send it back to BoA's underwriters just to "check her math." She said that as long as her math was correct, we would be approved. Since then, we have faxed over 110 pages of documents: 2 months of paystubs, bank statements (checking and savings), the NACA authorization page (for the 3rd time!), and other documents.

This morning, I received a call from a NACA negotiator and he told us that our servicer had denied our loan modification. He said that he would foward all of our information to someone higher than him and that he wanted us to fax over updated information from the last time we faxed: latest paystubs, 1 month of bank statements. He said that we should receive a call in a few hours. We never got a call and I have called twice to NACA. The first time I did get in contact with a NACA representative and I explained the situation to him. He said he would try to transfer my call to the negotiator. After about 5 minutes, I received a busy signal. The second time I called, I got down to "Caller #19" and then it was silence for over 10 minutes. Obviously, I was disconnected. I don't know what to do now.

My wife and I have done everything in our power to save as much money as possible. Cut all of our bills down, including food. We have rented out a bedroom for $500/mo. and have 3 more people in our home; a sister-in-law, her daughter, and her 2 1/2 year old grandson. There are now 6 people total in our home, none of which have anywhere to go. We will literally be homeless, in every sense of the word. I have exactly 4 months left on forbearance.

Can someone (NACA answers) look into this and let us know what we can do? Please! There are 6 people here depending on a loan modification or we will all be homeless! Thank you!

James MacPherson
reactorman
If NACA is doing nothing to help you and the clock is ticking maybe you should cancel your agreement with them and contact the office of the president yourself for assistance.

I'm too much of a control freak myself to relinquish my rights and trust a third party to get anything done, especially if they are impossible to get a hold of.

I've recently had to hire an attorney in my situation and don't much like having to trust a third party, but expertise-wise I'm at the end of my rope. A loan modification is something you can do on your own 99% of the time, in my humble opinion. I got my mod the same day I filed BK, so for me too little too late.

I got perm papers after 10 months of weekly and sometimes DAILY contact with the bank. It wasn't easy and I got the run-around, and I got frustrated and hopeless, but I persevered, was proactive and got advice here. I also complained several times to every possible authority/agency I could think of. There are a lot of folks on here who have done it themselves and they LOVE to help others. Though there are no guarantees for any of us that we will get a perm mod, the people here will help you and advise you and you can do it yourself. REALLY!;)
 

reactorman

LoanSafe Member
Mar 6, 2010
129
1
0
New Jersey
First off, thank you for your reply! :) I have tried now on my own before I went through NACA to get a loan modification. I called BoA over a year ago and was turned down. I had tried several times since then; the last time on my own was on 3/1/10 and was denied everytime. The last time I was denied, I asked what my alternatives were and the woman from BoA said in a very cold-tone, "Sell your house." She said this not once, but twice. After that call, that's when I wrote a letter to Barbara J. Deseur, President of BoA's mortgage division. I never received a reply. That's when I decided that I needed help, that I would not be able to do this on my own. My wife and I are first-time homeowners and we really didn't know what else to do. I found this site and posted under Bank of America's section here and someone wrote back about NACA. She said that she was 11 months behind on her mortgage and went to the Save the Dream event and got a temp. loan mod. on the spot. I'm not sure how she got that, but she said she did. I thought that maybe there was some hope and that I could get a loan mod. through NACA's help as well. Well, it didn't turn out that way and now I don't know what to do. I have 4 months left on my forbearance and BoA has pretty much made is clear that our home will go to immediate foreclosure and sale the moment our forbearance is done on 11/13/10. I feel as though BoA has "toyed and played around" with my wife and I, especially considering that we are first-time homeowners and they knew that we did not know how to go about getting a loan mod. I need something done A.S.A.P., but I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone out there know what I can do?

James MacPherson
reactorman
NACA ID#: 993949

P.s. If I needed to cancel my agreement with NACA to actually get something done, how do I go about that?
 

reactorman

LoanSafe Member
Mar 6, 2010
129
1
0
New Jersey
I don't know if this is a crazy question or not; please keep in mind that my wife and I are first time homeowners, but does filling for BK help or hurt in trying to get a loan modification?

Thanks for any and all replies! :)

James MacPherson
reactorman
 

davephx

LoanSafe Member
Jul 21, 2009
5,435
47
48
BKK only delays the foreclosure maybe 60 days till the bank gets the stay lifted. It can also delay the mod process since all is on hold until permission to discuss the debt.

Chap 13 can get rid of an underwater 2nd but otherwise BKK doesn't help keep the home.

BofA despite all its PR hype on how much they are helping is being sued by many but most suits are tossed.

The latest
BofA Sued AGAIN Over HAMP: Bank Accused Of Lying About Lost Paperwork
7/13/10 LaTimesDaily.com highlights
http://www.loansafe.org/forum/loan-modification/30657-bofa-sued-again-over-hamp-bank-accused-lying-about-lost-paperwork.html