NACA Answers 4

Grimmhope

LoanSafe Member
Oct 29, 2011
VA
Many people mistakenly assume that the servicer has an unlimited ability to change the terms of the mortgage. This simply is not true. There is a limit to how many times a mortgage can be modified, as well as a limit to how much or how little of your income they can use for a mortgage payment, a maximum amount they can reduce the interest, a limit to how long the term can be extended and so on.

Seeking legal counsel (which you obviously did) would have been what NACA would have advised at that point. We truly regret that we were not able to do more for you.
It was all about BoA and what they wanted. In the end, i still have my home and they will have to accept my payments through the courts. so, they lost out.

Thanks

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hi, i have a problem logging in to naca web file, earlyer this month i clicked on the home save tab and started filling out all the info..i got two or three pages in and it started asking for info i did not have right in front of me at the time so it expired on me, now im trying to do it all over again and its not letting me, it says im a already existing member..so checked my emails and i do have a leter from naca stating my id number, its #1406707. So then i went to the option that will retrieve my password if i enter id and email and the email sent read this:
Thank you for contacting NACA about your password.

We have received your request, and you can find your password below:

i tryd calling naca but after 5 minutes of waiting to talk to a representitive the recording told me they were helping other people and to call back later, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Welcome and thanks for joining the forum. I would suggest posting your own thread in our NACA section and hopefully a rep from NACA can assist you with any problems you are enduring.

NACA

jessiereva

LoanSafe Member
Sep 27, 2011
I had previously been working with NACA. And tried contcating them to get my sale date postponed. I live in Florida and everything is pretty much done through the courts. I stopped trying to contact anyone because I was getting nowhere. The latest update on my file states teh new sale date is 1/24/2012. Problem is thats the original sale date given to us by the judge and in writing on 9/16 so nothing has changed. was told a month ago by Tray-Cee Peterson at The Office of The Presidebt at BOA that nothing was being done with the NACA file. I faex her in teh same info just updated more than a month ago. While working through NACA we received a modification proposal that was not less than the original payement and when we called in we asked if we coudl speak to our NACA Negotiator before mailing them back. BOA agreed and of course we spoek to someone approx 2 days later, maile dion the docs the same day and were declined becuase they were mailed in late. We were told to resubmit through nACA we did twice and it's been a nightmare since, We've received every excuse possible. Too much money, not enough money, negative npv, you name it . However we do qualify for HAMP contrary to what they are saying, but getting anyone to help is next to impossible. At this point we were told that that we basically need to dump NACA and they coudl help us. So it seems that BOA is only interested in trying to utilize their in house Mods which do very little to lower your payments. We were with Countrywide previously and got a bum deal and have been fighting since. It's over 2 years now. I dont knwo who to trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

lwillhite

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The latest update on my file states teh new sale date is 1/24/2012. Problem is thats the original sale date given to us by the judge and in writing on 9/16 so nothing has changed.
Regarding your sale date, we do have it in our system and our Stop Auction Team will be working on postponing or halting the sale as the time gets closer. We are not allowed to even request the postponement until 14 days before the sale date.

Your most recent proposal was declined, and we need to create and submit a new proposal on your behalf to support our attempt to halt the auction. You will be receiving an Action Plan by e-mail which will list the documents we need to update to create the new proposal. We do see many cases where multiple proposals are required before we receive a modification. I always tell our members that patience and persistence are the most powerful tools you have in this fight.

As for the “Office of The President” at BOA, they frequently try to entice homeowners to discontinue working with NACA. That way you have no advocate, nobody to make sure you are getting the best modification possible and nobody to explain the often complicated process of getting a modification.

Please submit the documents that will be requested in the Action Plan, and log in to your NACA file on line to schedule a telephone appointment to have the file updated and a new proposal submitted. NACA is willing to keep fighting as long as you are.

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
I have a question. I had a second counseling session today with NACA. They tried to pull my credit report and got and erroe message 0084 SSN match. They told me to call Experian which I did. Bt as usual no one knew what I was talking about and could not help me. I did get a copy of experiamn report online. Should I fax this over to NACA?

lwillhite

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hello kdarcel,

You may certainly fax in the copy of the credit report if you wish, but that will not resolve the problem. Your printed out copy of the report is not an acceptable substitute for the report pulled by the NACA system. The reason the error code appeared is going to have to be found and resolved.

Since the error code apparently indicates that the Social Security Number we have in your file did not match the information in your credit bureau file, make sure that your SSN matches not only at Experian but also at Trans Union and Equifax. If there have been any significant other changes lately, such as a name or address change within the last two years, you should verify those too. Sometimes whether one is a "Jr." or Sr." can lead to confusion in credit files. Also, there is a possibility that if you are using a credit monitoring service, it could somehow be causing the problem as well.

You may also start by getting the legally mandated free annual report from all three bureaus at annualcreditreport.com. Please be aware that annualcreditreport.com is the ONLY site authorized to provide the free annual reports. Other websites with similar names either come with strings attached or are trying to obtain your personal information.

I hope you are able to resolve the problem quickly. Please let me know if I can be of any other help.

Tim Trumble
Online Operations, NACA
[email protected]

Last edited:

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
I just posted this on NACA thread. Naca has tried 4 times to pull credit report with no luck. When I call EXperian they have no idea what the error message is. I am at a lost. What should I do if anything.

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
Tim, I am going to get in touch with EXPERIAN again today 3-18-2013. And then schedule another appointment with NACA. This does not seem to be working out. I thank you for trying to get the report. I don't know why I was able to pull it though.

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
The plot thickens

I am dealing with NACA and I see on my wwebfile that Wells Fargo once again denied me for a modification. When I spoke to a NACA rep they told I was denied because I could not afford the arrearages. The investor guidelines say that it need to be paid off within 12 months. So my narrative from Wells Fargo (NACA webfile) says I will be getting a letter with in 10 days. So yesterday I get letter and it says nothing about denial for not being able to afford arrearges. The letter says I was denied because my investor does not allow second modifications which I know is not true. I had a HAMP 4 years ago and I was not even behind on my mortgage they just suggested I let them give me the HAMP. Now what should I do? This is truly a HAMPster wheel. I have a court date with Wells Frgo in August because I am contesting the foreclosure. Any HELP PLEASE!!

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
Just spoke with naca and the rep said sorry they cannot help me because my servicer or investor does not allow second mods. Ok I had a hamp 5 years ago and never defaulted. It became permanent. Now where do I go for help.

lwillhite

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hello kdarcel,

Actually, both you and the rep you spoke to mis-read the letter. It states that you were denied a HAMP modification because only one modification is allowed under the HAMP program. It does not mean you are not eligible for other types of modifications. You have not been declined for all types of modification, just another HAMP. This also explains why there is no decline message in your NACA file, since there may be other modification options still available.

Continue to monitor your file and if there is no new activity in two weeks, contact me and we will look at escalating your file to our Servicer Manager.

Tim Trumble
Online Operations, NACA
[email protected]

Lfreitas

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2013
Hi Tim,

I sent you an email regarding my situation about a week ago and have not heard back. I applied for the second time thru NACA 1/2013. My b of a point of contact stated on 2/13/13 my income was validated and file was still in review and no further documents needed at this time. Well, for the last 60+days she's been telling me case is still in review and there is nothing she can do. Last time I spoke to her was on May 3, 2013 and still same status(file is pending). I informed her I recieved a denial letter dated May 1st. She stated she would look into it because system shows pending. She did not input her notes from our conversation in NACA webportal. The following week I left voicemail messages for her to find out update and recieved no calls. I escalated a complaint to the OOP and got a new point of contact who told me that would open a file and that she doesn't work with naca. I was told on Monday May 20, 2013 that there was nothing the OOP's office could do because the investor is not willing to extend maturity of loan. She stated my mortgage would be more money than what I'm paying now. I asked to give me figures and she would not and stated she didn't have that information. On May 14, 2013 I recieved a voicemail message from another person from the OOP office who stated she is now my point of contact. I'm confused! I was wondering if you can escalate this within NACA and have them contact the unit managers that are selected to work with NACA to look into my file. No updates on webportal. NACA ID: 811929. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Lfreitas

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2013
Tim,

I put the wrong date of contact from second point of contact at OOP Office May 21, 2013 is the correct date and not May 14th. Thanks

lwillhite

LoanSafe Member
Dec 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hello Lfreitas,

Just as a point of reference, I have no record of having received an email from you anytime within the past 30 days. I apologize for the confusion.

One of the most fundamental things to remember regarding the NACA process is, “If it’s not IN your NACA file, it’s not ABOUT your NACA file.”

Please remember that any contact you receive directly from your servicer has nothing to do with your NACA file. Our contract with the major servicers requires that all communication regarding your NACA proposal must be made through your NACA file. Therefore, all of the contact you refer to has come from a different department that has nothing to do with your NACA submission.

This is a fairly common occurrence, since most banks now automatically open up their own internal modification file when a loan reaches a certain level of delinquency. From there, it becomes a textbook case of "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing" since the different departments do not communicate with each other.

We did try to reach you for a scheduled appointment on the 15th but were unsuccessful in doing so. Since thirty days have passed since the last correspondence from the servicer in your file, I will go ahead and escalate the file to try and get an update. In the meantime, you should log in to your NACA file a minimum of twice each week to check for updates and you should also use the email tool in Section A of your NACA file each time to send the servicer a message reminding them that you are still waiting for a solution.

If you have no response to the escalation in two weeks, please contact me again.

Tim Trumble
Online Operations, NACA

[email protected]

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
I know I am was supposed to wait two weeks to get in touch with truble but I am getting antsy. I wanted to know if I was denied a modifiaction will NACA still help me. Thanks you. Sorry for being like this but I am getting scared.

Lfreitas

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding my situation and explaining NACA and other departments. My concern is that my original point of contact who was inputting our conversations in NACA last spoke to me on May 3,2013 and didn't update my file with her notes. That's when she said she would contact me on May 6th and she didn't. I left her voicemails everyday that week and still didn't get a reply back. On May 10th is when I escalated it to the OOP's office. Also my appointment with NACA on the 15th I answered the phone and when it stated I was next in line to speak to a rep, I was hung up on. Thank you for escalating my file and I will keep you posted if I don't here anything back in two weeks.

kdarcel

LoanSafe Member
Feb 9, 2012
Punched in stomach once again

Today I called NACA to request resubmission of my file and a document update. So the rep informed me that NACA can no longer help me because my circumstances haven't changed. I am not at the end of my rope yet but I am almost there. This is one letdown after another and the cash register is steadily ca-chinging. Any suggestiond as to what I do next. THANKS.

Lfreitas

LoanSafe Member
May 5, 2013
Hi Tim,

I just checked my NACA webportal and this is what the servicer wrote back:

DSCR CRM assisting current CRM: This loan was declined for HAMP 2-19-13 due to the fact that the unpaid principal balance exceeds the limits as required by the HAMP program: You are not eligible for a Home Affordable Modification because the current unpaid principal balance on your loan is higher than the program limit. ($729,750 for a one unit property, $934,200 for a two unit property, $1,129,250 for a three unit property and $1,403,400 for a four unit property.) This loan was also declined on 2-12-13 for non hamp solution due to the following: Your loan is not eligible for a modification because you are current (or were at the time evaluated) on your mortgage loan. After reviewing the financial information you provided us we have determined that you are not at risk of default because you have the ability to pay your current mortgage payment using cash reserves or other assets.

If I was denied for non hamp on 2/12/2013 then why was the servicer inputting notes on webportal as well as calling me up until 4/22/2013 that file was still pending? Yes, I'm current on my mortgage/have rented out rooms in house so I make my mortgage/I don't have any cash reserves because if I did then I would pay my credit card. My rate is going to adjust on 2014. I already know I don't qualify for federal programs because loan balance is over the federal limit. I was hoping for a in-house modification and I thought you didn't have to be late on mortgage to qualify for in-house modification. What should I do now since b of a has been giving me the wrong information this entire time?