MSA Non-priority by $60 a month

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

Alaforge

LoanSafe Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hi is there any way I could speak to someone about our MSA for our commuter town. MSA is low for our 2 large counties but where we live and the cities surrounding it are very high msa and we are only $60 over per month to not be priority. Our city is a commuter city and ppl from OC, SD and LA bc their communities cost way astronomical. At the workshop I asked about our situation and they did say we were the kind of ppl NACA is here to help but we are stuck.
Also we are in a high cost area (400k+ for a 1000-1200 sqft) (550k for 1500-2200+) as well but not officially via the charts. There are 3 potential neighborhoods that we could buy in only bc they are multimillion dollar houses, senior houses and apartments surrounding housing (the houses here are easily 750k+). We already are commuting 25 mins to his work. Who can I talk too? Our MC said there was absolutely no way even if my husband took a pay cut since we are only $60 above. Please help we have a growing family and are trying to find our forever home.

Below is our map of our city (Menifee) and my husbands work (Temecula).

Attachments

Jzone

LoanSafe Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi is there any way I could speak to someone about our MSA for our commuter town. MSA is low for our 2 large counties but where we live and the cities surrounding it are very high msa and we are only $60 over per month to not be priority. Our city is a commuter city and ppl from OC, SD and LA bc their communities cost way astronomical. At the workshop I asked about our situation and they did say we were the kind of ppl NACA is here to help but we are stuck.
Also we are in a high cost area (400k+ for a 1000-1200 sqft) (550k for 1500-2200+) as well but not officially via the charts. There are 3 potential neighborhoods that we could buy in only bc they are multimillion dollar houses, senior houses and apartments surrounding housing (the houses here are easily 750k+). We already are commuting 25 mins to his work. Who can I talk too? Our MC said there was absolutely no way even if my husband took a pay cut since we are only $60 above. Please help we have a growing family and are trying to find our forever home.

Below is our map of our city (Menifee) and my husbands work (Temecula).
What exactly are you asking help with? Seriously, your post is hard to follow.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Their income is too high to buy in an income-restricted complex and they are asking for a loophole or way to fix the issue.

To be quite honest, I don't know what the answer is -- besides maybe separating on paper, and buying the home, in one of your names only.

Reactions: Alaforge

Alaforge

LoanSafe Member
Feb 14, 2021
The red is unavailable to use because we are just over the income, but the other areas offered are nearly nothing due to being over 700k, or senior housing. Our area is all High income thus why we cant buy here, but our county is "low" income, everyone from the other even higher incomes because its cheaper here than where they work. So they come here and jack up our areas income.
We are only one income too.