Lien on House

faroff

LoanSafe Member
Jul 16, 2012
I want to look into a HELOC, but how do I go about seeing if there a lien on my house after my 1st mortgage?
Do I have to go to an attorney for a Title Search? Thanks.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
You might be able to do a title search at your local county recorder online or call a title company to ask them if they can do a search for you.

faroff

LoanSafe Member
Jul 16, 2012
You might be able to do a title search at your local county recorder online or call a title company to ask them if they can do a search for you.

Thanks Moe- I did call county recorder and they transferred me to the court house, and neither of them were
much help. I've decided just to go to an attorney. They are charging me $375 for a full title search. I just thought
it would be worth it.

While I have, if you don't mind answering a question for me. If I have my first mortgage and IF the SBA has a 2nd
mortgage lien on my house is it possible to still get a HELOC if there's enough equity? I'm hoping if the SBA is on
there they will accept an OIC to have the lien removed. Appreciate your time and advice.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
You are welcome and that is the best bet to find out.

It is really difficult to get a 2nd loan on a property, let alone a third loan/HELOC. Especially in this economic climate.

In my opinion, the only way to cash in on any equity is to sell high while the market has not completely tanked and then buy again in 2 years when property values are 50% of what they are now.

Take care!

faroff

LoanSafe Member
Jul 16, 2012
You are welcome and that is the best bet to find out.

It is really difficult to get a 2nd loan on a property, let alone a third loan/HELOC. Especially in this economic climate.

In my opinion, the only way to cash in on any equity is to sell high while the market has not completely tanked and then buy again in 2 years when property values are 50% of what they are now.

Take care!

One last question if I may Moe. What are your reasons for saying property values will be 50% in two years?
I live in a beach community that is growing rapidly. Houses are selling around here. My wife and I have a 7 year plan
to then sell and retire. With that comment I'm now possibly reconsidering.