JPMorgan Chase warns attorneys of possible foreclosure robo-signers

flippinwacko

LoanSafe Member
Dec 30, 2008
4 seasons Idago
hhhhmmmmmm...can you say Beth Cottrell and Angela Nolan?

JPMorgan Chase warns attorneys of possible foreclosure robo-signers « HousingWire

JPMorgan Chase last night alerted attorneys that employees in its foreclosure operations unit may have signed affidavits without personally reviewing the documents, the same issue that has recently plagued GMAC Mortgage, according to a memo obtained by HousingWire.....

According to the memo, Chase has begun to re-examine documents it has filed in current foreclosure proceedings to verify the documents were reviewed as required by the courts.

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA
hhhhmmmmmm...can you say Beth Cottrell and Angela Nolan?

JPMorgan Chase warns attorneys of possible foreclosure robo-signers « HousingWire

JPMorgan Chase last night alerted attorneys that employees in its foreclosure operations unit may have signed affidavits without personally reviewing the documents, the same issue that has recently plagued GMAC Mortgage, according to a memo obtained by HousingWire.....

According to the memo, Chase has begun to re-examine documents it has filed in current foreclosure proceedings to verify the documents were reviewed as required by the courts.
Excellent news! But how is fraud upon fraud going to work? And why are there no penalties for perjury? Ridiculous!:mad:

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA
A different set of standards for the "elite" than the "unwashed masses". Of course, I'll bail you out - what are friends for? I'll bake a file in the apple pie I bring to jail.

family

LoanSafe Member
Oct 4, 2010
unfair practices by JPMorgan Chase Bank and their practices
In an online article we recently read, among many others throughout the country, Urban Justice Center has filed a complaint in NYC Federal Court.

When I read the article, I quickly associated to the practices people in NYC are also being subjected to by JPMorgan Chase Bank. We did more research and found that what they were doing to us, they were also doing too many others throughout the U.S., the same practices (please see below for a few among many sites we found [there are also many blogs out there). We were told on a continuous basis to send a modification packet in via fax (this has been done by us for over a year); however, these packets were always “lost” and we were either rejected or told to send another packet in (always via Fax in that they will not accept certified or any other type of mail). We have also been told that they would issue us a trial modification only to later find out that they are only approving a deferment for a specific amount of time. When that time expired we would have to pay what was owed or face foreclosure. We have been making reduced payments all of this time per their instructions, in hopes of receiving a modification and keeping our home. It has been over a year of continuous faxing the same packet to them, failed promises, and phones being hung up on us. At one time, they insisted that we were not bringing enough income into the household. My wife is now also bringing income into the household, but they have again denied us because, as they claim, we failed to fax in the packet. This has taken a toll on our family. We now find that we are not alone.

We have documented everything. We have been in our home for over 7 years and were always on time with our mortgage payments. We ran into hard times and now we are facing a real possibility of losing our home. In fact, as I was writing this email, we received yet another certified letter stating that we are now in default “because we have failed to pay the required monthly installments commencing with the payment due
early this year. We have been making reduced payments, per their instructions pending a modification, for almost a year.

This is not right. The American Public bailed out these large banks with well over 700 billion. But more specifically, JPMorgan received 2 Billion dollars for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) launched in March 2009. They have benefitted from the average tax payer, but are now toying with families that are going through hard times.

Colorado is not one of the States covered under the foreclosure freezes. Colorado, at this time, does not regulate first mortgages. There is a blog link below to show how many Coloradoans are going to the same exact thing we are going through, that is, facing the same practices that JPMorgan is inflicting on many throughout this country. They are simply feeling hopeless with no where to turn.
http://www.loansafe.org/forum/chase-mortgage-tell-us-your-chase-story/14163-done-trial-payments-class-action-lawsuit.html

______

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/04/chase-sued-again-over-mor_n_562871.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/01/business/01mortgage.html?_r=1&hp

Hear are the organizations I have contacted. Please do the same so that we can make this right. Email them and call if possible.
NPR Public Radio (i submitted for a story)
Federal Trade Commission
FDIC
OCC.Treas.gov
NCRC.org
Urban Justice NYC
I think we can make a difference against this practice by this bank.