How to sell your house without a real estate agent

Alex Ferreras

LoanSafe Greeter
A lot of times homeowners will consider selling their home without the use of a real estate agent or broker. Selling your home without a realtor is referred to as "for sale by owner" or FSBO. Choosing the FSBO option means you will not be faced with realtor/broker commission fees. However, this will require a lot of time on the homeowners behalf and expenses that a realtor will typically handle.

If you have ever bought or sold a home you should have a pretty good idea about what your agent does for you in the process. Generally, the most beneficial thing a realtor can do for you is save you time by being the communication point between you and the lender. For a lot of people this can be very valuable. However, if you have enough time on your hands you can potentially save thousands of dollars in commission fees by doing it yourself.

Here are few things you may want to keep in mind before listing your property FSBO:

- Keep in mind that selling your home FSBO means that you will need to be available at almost any time of day so you can answer calls from potential home buyers, schedule appointments, and make sure you are there for open houses. If you simply do not have enough time on your hands to handle this, the use of an agent may make more sense.

-
Take the time to thoroughly clean both the interior and exterior of your property to get it into a presentable condition.

-
Once the home is in great condition you will need to take pictures of both the inside and outside of the home.

- It is crucial you list your home every you possibly can because there is a lot of competition out there, especially today. Check out newspapers, real estate magazines, and most definitely online listing sites. There more places the better

- Make sure you have a reasonable asking price. It is very important for you to research what other homes in your area have recently sold for. Your county tax office has records of recent sales in your area. Now before you set the price, make sure you take into account closing costs, selling expenses, and the amount of money you are expecting left over from the sale.

Video: Sell your home FSBO

Home Sale: Do It Yourself - CBS News Video

The key is to make sure you have at least a few hours a week to handle the sale. You will need this time to complete a few very important tasks; first, clean up and get the property ready to present, check out multiple online and offline sources to list the property, and then prepare yourself to discuss terms and negotiator with potential buyers. Selling your home without a realtor is not so much about anything else but the research and time involved in the process.

Selling your home is not as hard as a lot of people come to think it is. Many times it is a realtor who is pushing it not your head that it is too hard to accomplish on your own. But in fact many people can do it, all it takes is some research and dedicated time to get the task completed.

B

Bartholomew

Thanks for sharing such a valuable information as it really a much needed one.Ii selling a house is really a complex process to me before but now i have some confidence in me to do it by myself.As i am also planning to sell my house for quite a long.