House was just auctioned off - Question on HOA dues

puppyted

LoanSafe Member
Mar 31, 2011
House was just auctioned off on Friday 3/9/2012.

HOA dues are payable on the 1st of the month, and late after the 15th.

We technically owned the house for the first 8 days of March, though we were locked out of it.

Do I pay the HOA a prorated amount for those days?

Or do I tell the HOA to go after the new owner for the March dues?

I just want to know that our slate with the HOA is clean, and we are done with them.

puppyted

LoanSafe Member
Mar 31, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt they will sue for 8 days.
I know that common sense tells me to not worry about it, but I've never met anyone on the board of directors of an HOA that had any common sense. : )

OverandDone

LoanSafe Member
Sep 2, 2011
Is there a redemption period in your state? Here in Michigan the deed does not become operative until after the redemption period. Not sure exactly what that means though.

puppyted

LoanSafe Member
Mar 31, 2011
Is there a redemption period in your state? Here in Michigan the deed does not become operative until after the redemption period. Not sure exactly what that means though.
We're in California, and I don't believe there is a redemption period here. Though it was hard to loose the house, we realized that it was the best thing for us. There was a ton of repairs that still needed to be done, even though we had worked on it for over thirteen years. And the house was underwater by over $250,000.00. Just didn't make sense to stay there.