Help Regarding Modification And Bank Statements -underwriter Problem

redsscamaro

LoanSafe Member
Jul 1, 2014
I have a credit union, they have transaction statements, but THEY DO NOT SHOW MY ACCOUNT NUMBER, it is just the way they provide them for the member's security. Now, due to that, not only did I get a letter from the credit union explaining this, but they provided the underwriter a vod for 3 months of history, and I provided pay stubs and tax returns, the underwriter said they will not approve without statements, but they are only screen grabs, and again, no account number to even prove its the same account, is there anyway to fight this?

I was told a VOD is just as acceptable as 2 months of statements. My average balance and pay are all about the same, there is nothing odd about it. I just want this nightmare over with. I can't provide them what they want because it doesn't exist.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Hello,

I understand where you and your credit union are coming from, but I also understand why the mortgage servicer needs to see an account number.

Have you tried going into the Credit Union and getting physical copies with your account number?