Help! House is set to auction, but I'm still in redemption Period

mama392

LoanSafe Member
Dec 18, 2008
I've had a couple of people stop by my house asking if it is for sale. My mom has told them no, but one lady said it was listed on Zillow as going to auction. I looked my house up and sure enough it is listed as for sale going to auction on August 22, 2012!!! My house was foreclosed Jan 13, 2012 and I'm currently in the redemption period. My redemption period does not end until January 13, 2012!!! This was verified by the county office by me right after the auction. How can they auction my house while I'm still in the redemption period? I don't know where to start, who do I call to stop this? Please someone help me. We are trying to work on redeeming the house.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
I've had a couple of people stop by my house asking if it is for sale. My mom has told them no, but one lady said it was listed on Zillow as going to auction. I looked my house up and sure enough it is listed as for sale going to auction on August 22, 2012!!! My house was foreclosed Jan 13, 2012 and I'm currently in the redemption period. My redemption period does not end until January 13, 2012!!! This was verified by the county office by me right after the auction. How can they auction my house while I'm still in the redemption period? I don't know where to start, who do I call to stop this? Please someone help me. We are trying to work on redeeming the house.
Hey mama392,

What state are you located in again?

OverandDone

LoanSafe Member
Sep 2, 2011
Mama392. Have you tried contacting the bank or attorneys office and informing them that your redemption period is 12 months not 6 months? If they won't listen to you maybe they will listen to your lawyer. If it is vital that you don't move out until January then if they don't listen to me I would be getting a lawyer to contact them right away. Crossing my fingers for you.