Heloc modification --trying to pay interest down

Welcome to the LoanSafe Forums!
Get free mortgage help today. Since 2007, the LoanSafe forums have helped millions of homeowners over the last 13 years either save their homes with a loan modification, obtain a short sale, forbearance, or walk away legally from their underwater mortgages.
Register for FREE

hozier123

LoanSafe Member
Jul 4, 2009
Hello. Back in 2010 we combined our HELOC and mortage for a loan mod. Starting in 2010 we pay 2.25% for years 1-5 then year 6 3.25 then 5% for remainder..
Our payments were 669 and we paid 1800 a month to try and be disciplined to get prinicipal down.

I just spent 2 hours in bank and on phone because they said the interest is variable and all extra payments went to interest.

How do I get the extra payments reversed to principal? I cannot find the correct person to speak with.

Any advice at all would be helpful--we would not have gotten our mod in first place without this forum.

Thanks.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Hello Hozier, I'm sorry but I'm confused by the first part of your post. Is this a modification you received on your HELOC or on your 1st mortgage?

hozier123

LoanSafe Member
Jul 4, 2009
Hello Hozier, I'm sorry but I'm confused by the first part of your post. Is this a modification you received on your HELOC or on your 1st mortgage?

Thx. Our original loan was with Washington Mutual--we had a mortage and then a heloc--they had a special product cant remember the name--where the heloc acted like a mortage and they bundled together. our loan docs say mortgage mod...