HAFA short sale with EMC/CHASE looking good!

Lainy09

LoanSafe Member
Jan 11, 2009
Wow, I can't think of the last time I posted something positive on here, haha..but things are looking very good for our short sale with Chase. We listed the house mid-March (had a trustee sale date scheduled for April 7th, which they cancelled). Submitted the package, got an offer, Chase accepted after countering (for listed price, actually) and we received the approval letter last week (I just saw it today, it had gone to our realtor.) There is nothing weird in there so far, and it states we will receive the $3000 from HAFA for "relocation expenses" even though we moved out already, and no deficiency (not that it matters, we are in CA and bk'd the house in a 7 two+ years ago.) We may actually close by June..amazing! I'll keep anyone posted who is interested :smile1:

fighton

LoanSafe Member
Dec 10, 2010
Its refreshing to have some good news for once, congrats. Just curious do you have any 2nd mortgage, lien or HELOC on the house? I filed for CH 7BK and was hoping to maybe do a Short Sale also after the CH7 BK. Thanks in advance

Lainy09

LoanSafe Member
Jan 11, 2009
Hi fighton, it's refreshing to feel like this whole debacle may soon be coming to a close :) We do have a 2nd, purchase money for around $60k (plus gosh knows how much in fees they've tacked on.) It is also with EMC/Chase, though I believe the investor was different. In any event, yes, they negotiated that as well with this whole thing, for $6000..so it will ALLLLLL go away, thank goodness. We also haven't paid the property taxes in AGES but they are all paid-up-to-date as of April. I have spent the last few years feeling so screwed, and so bitter about all of this, it will be nice to just put it all behind us. Good luck with your ss if you go that route!

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Lainy,

I am so happy that you are able to post good news, you so deserve some!!