Freddie Mac Forclosing on My HOme

mmohammed

LoanSafe Member
Jul 25, 2008
Hello

Ive been in a Mod with Chase since September 2009. They offered a forbearance payment when I started and I agreed. the payment was 1670. In 2010 they lowered the forbearance payment to 1200. I also paid that. the end of 2010 they told me that I had no forebearance payment at all and that my file was in review. So months and months of sending the paperwork, it expiring and then sending it again. Beginning of March it was agreed that I had provided all paperwork and was just waiting to be reviewed. I call about every 1-2 weeks just to check on things. April 4 or 5 I call to check on things and am told by my relationship manager that the file is still on hold even though there was a sale date of April 13 and that underwriting has not made any decision on it. I call today to do my usual check and am told that Freddie Mac, my investor, has decided that they are not postponing the sale any further bc the file has been around to long and that is why the mod is denied. When I begin to share how that makes no sense, the relationship manager puts me on hold and then says my file was reviewed and there is no workable mod based on all their criteria and the income information that I sent. then when I say why wasnt I notified, she says the attorneys are in Arizona and Arizona law says they only have to notify of foreclosure one time and that was done in September.

What do I do now????? She is saying the sale date is set for April 20 which is only 2 days from now!!!

shortsale973

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2011
If you are looking to keep the home I would contact a lawyer ASAP. Consult w/ him or her & see if he/she can delay the process. Unfortunately there is little you can do on your own @ this point. Tell the lawyer your issues and they will be able to help. What they might be able to do is demand everything in writing, audit the loan doc, and make sure you gather all communications that were issued in writing between you and the bank.
Good luck and keep us posted. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
mmohammed,

I agree with shortsale973, if you want to keep your home, you have to consult with an attorney asap.

fighton

LoanSafe Member
Dec 10, 2010
First you should talk to a lawyer, but here are 3 other options to stop the sale date:
1) search the forum for your mortgage servicer and email to the CEO and president immediately.
2) file for bk if applicable- will postpone the sale date a few months
3) use a sale date delay service (last resort) if applicable to your state and if you have no other options. search this forum for these services. Typically there is a fee and can postpone it for a few of months.

Goodluck and god bless

mmohammed

LoanSafe Member
Jul 25, 2008
mmohammed,

I agree with shortsale973, if you want to keep your home, you have to consult with an attorney asap.

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the input. Attorney seems to be where this is headed. I also wanted to know if you know any contact numbers for Freddie Mac. I already emailed Chase CEOs and I would also like to email Freddie Mac who is my investor but I have not find any info on the site yet.

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
Hi Cat,

Thanks for the input. Attorney seems to be where this is headed. I also wanted to know if you know any contact numbers for Freddie Mac. I already emailed Chase CEOs and I would also like to email Freddie Mac who is my investor but I have not find any info on the site yet.
Here is a number to their legal department. 703-903-2691

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Thank you Jeffrey for that info.

Michael Naz

Michael Naz
Jan 9, 2011
Southern California
Hello

Ive been in a Mod with Chase since September 2009. They offered a forbearance payment when I started and I agreed. the payment was 1670. In 2010 they lowered the forbearance payment to 1200. I also paid that. the end of 2010 they told me that I had no forebearance payment at all and that my file was in review. So months and months of sending the paperwork, it expiring and then sending it again. Beginning of March it was agreed that I had provided all paperwork and was just waiting to be reviewed. I call about every 1-2 weeks just to check on things. April 4 or 5 I call to check on things and am told by my relationship manager that the file is still on hold even though there was a sale date of April 13 and that underwriting has not made any decision on it. I call today to do my usual check and am told that Freddie Mac, my investor, has decided that they are not postponing the sale any further bc the file has been around to long and that is why the mod is denied. When I begin to share how that makes no sense, the relationship manager puts me on hold and then says my file was reviewed and there is no workable mod based on all their criteria and the income information that I sent. then when I say why wasnt I notified, she says the attorneys are in Arizona and Arizona law says they only have to notify of foreclosure one time and that was done in September.

What do I do now????? She is saying the sale date is set for April 20 which is only 2 days from now!!!
Give me a call later today, I heard of this same thing with chase, saying the investors will not postpone sale etc, I'll make sure your numbers are good and try to help you push your sale, up to you from there! Freddie Mac and Fannie are pretty easy generally speaking.

mmohammed

LoanSafe Member
Jul 25, 2008
So much has happened in one day that I did not get to update with what has happened. On 4/18/11, after years of waiting I was told the investor did not want to postpone my foreclosure and I had a sale date of 4/20/11.

I immediately came to loansafe and thanks to your support family I received email addresses to chase CEOs and a legal department number to Freddie Mac who is my investor.

On 4/19/11 I called the legal department of Freddie Mac one more time and reached someone! I told her my story (which is detailed in my first post) and she seemed very upset and kept saying things like "Chase told you what?!" "They said Freddie Mac wouldnt do what?" "Ma'am, I completely understand where you are coming from" I have never had any type of support from a person working with any mortgage company or invester. She said she was contacting the division that handled the loans in my area and I would receive a call back. Within two hours, I received a call from the reconveyance company that handles my trustee sale telling me that the sale of my home was postponed for another 30 days but that I did have to go back to Chase in order to work out a mod. They also asked me how did I get the number I called to reach their legal department and why did I feel I need to go over Chase's head and contact someone directly. And they asked for the name of the relationship managers name and extension numbers. and what has chase been telling me is the reason for my mod to be in the system since 2009. Naturally, I was extatic about my 30 postponement but somewhat uneasy about having to go back to Chase to ask for a mod that I felt they dont want to give me.

This all happened about 11Am. Around 5pm I got a call from Chase saying the CEOs I contacted got my email and have pulled my file from the department it was in and my file would be handled by a higher department and i had nothing to worry about any more bc my file would be taken care of. They gave me direct numbers to these people and the hours when they worked and told me I could contact them any time and If they needed anything else on my file they would let me know!

Im floored at the turn of events in such a short period of time. All I can do is thank so many of you for your input and information, but most of all thank you for prayers which I think is what can push us over the edge to get the fair chance we all deserve. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I will keep you posted when an actual workout is reached.

Mia

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
Mia,

That is great news, I am so happy that they were able to postpone your sale date. The 30 days is a very short period of time, just make sure that you stay on top of the modification.

Best of Luck with the process, Please keep us posted.

shortsale973

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2011
Great news Mia.....!!!!!!!
I'm glad things are working in your favor.
Stay on top of them.
Make sure you jot down all the names,times, emails, phone #'s, faxes...etc...

Good luck and keep us posted

fighton

LoanSafe Member
Dec 10, 2010
Great News - If there is any names, phone numbers, and emails that you can share, please do so. This can help others in this forum. Goodluck and God Bless.

Michael Naz

Michael Naz
Jan 9, 2011
Southern California
WOW... That's amazing how much action you got in 1 DAY! Fantastic news!! Best of luck to you.

Hey now arn't you suppose to be at work? hmmmm haha

That is great progress for 1 day.

@jeffery awesome you still are on here, fighting and posting to help others man. Karolyn was really broken down by these banks, i can't wait till shes done.

triplesmiles

LoanSafe Member
Nov 29, 2009
COngrats Mia. Never give up. Good for you. I just called Freddie Mac complaint line today to request postponement of sale for next Friday, Wells Fargo. I have been in three temp payment plans with wells and my last pmt was paid on March 1 and they put me back in active foreclosure on March 7. No good reason, they can do whatever they want too. I have been begging them all month to stop the sale and they said they could not until plan reached. They offered me repmt plan of 6700 due on MOnday. really. really. I will call the legal department today. Thanks for your guidance and I will let everyone know what happens.

Cat Damiano

Mortgage Wars
Sep 10, 2007
Colorado
www.loansafe.org
triplesmiles,

Good Luck!! I hope it works out for you as well. Please keep us posted on how it all turns out.

triplesmiles

LoanSafe Member
Nov 29, 2009
Thanks Cat. I have even been working with our PMI insurance who has a special HOPE group and they said that Wells Fargo rejected the file on April 11 and refused to give a reason. It has been esalated to 5 different departments now and no one even responds to the counselor. I told him now you know what it feels like to be me. I am really happy to have the legal dept number. i have to think a bit how to use it since I have a few more days before sale.

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

LoanSafe Member
Dec 4, 2010
So much has happened in one day that I did not get to update with what has happened. On 4/18/11, after years of waiting I was told the investor did not want to postpone my foreclosure and I had a sale date of 4/20/11.

I immediately came to loansafe and thanks to your support family I received email addresses to chase CEOs and a legal department number to Freddie Mac who is my investor.

On 4/19/11 I called the legal department of Freddie Mac one more time and reached someone! I told her my story (which is detailed in my first post) and she seemed very upset and kept saying things like "Chase told you what?!" "They said Freddie Mac wouldnt do what?" "Ma'am, I completely understand where you are coming from" I have never had any type of support from a person working with any mortgage company or invester. She said she was contacting the division that handled the loans in my area and I would receive a call back. Within two hours, I received a call from the reconveyance company that handles my trustee sale telling me that the sale of my home was postponed for another 30 days but that I did have to go back to Chase in order to work out a mod. They also asked me how did I get the number I called to reach their legal department and why did I feel I need to go over Chase's head and contact someone directly. And they asked for the name of the relationship managers name and extension numbers. and what has chase been telling me is the reason for my mod to be in the system since 2009. Naturally, I was extatic about my 30 postponement but somewhat uneasy about having to go back to Chase to ask for a mod that I felt they dont want to give me.

This all happened about 11Am. Around 5pm I got a call from Chase saying the CEOs I contacted got my email and have pulled my file from the department it was in and my file would be handled by a higher department and i had nothing to worry about any more bc my file would be taken care of. They gave me direct numbers to these people and the hours when they worked and told me I could contact them any time and If they needed anything else on my file they would let me know!

Im floored at the turn of events in such a short period of time. All I can do is thank so many of you for your input and information, but most of all thank you for prayers which I think is what can push us over the edge to get the fair chance we all deserve. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I will keep you posted when an actual workout is reached.

Mia
Great news keep on them though. Haley over at Freddie Legal will only do so much . I got her number when I filed suit against Freddie Mac.

candle1

LoanSafe Member
Feb 8, 2011
great news and congratulations for the positive turn of events to your favor. i wish continued success for your loan mod.

Stressedout2

LoanSafe Member
Apr 2, 2011
Illinois
Hey now arn't you suppose to be at work? hmmmm haha

That is great progress for 1 day.

@jeffery awesome you still are on here, fighting and posting to help others man. Karolyn was really broken down by these banks, i can't wait till shes done.
You're too funny Charlie! I live and breath this site, haha. It has been so much help and support I can't even begin to tell you.