Example Loan Workout Chronology Report for Complaints

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Here is a Example Loan Workout Chronology Report for Complaints.

It is a basic outline and or summary of your experience during the loan modification or short sale process. It is your evidence of the facts as you know them. You'll want to include conversations, emails, calls, faxes, lost faxes, employee numbers, employee statements, dates, times etc.

You will want to have this next to you anytime your deal or correspond with your mortgage servicer. It helps you remember and helps keep these guys accountable.

This can be beneficial if you choose to file a Qualified Written Request or possible lawsuit and can be sued by a lawyer to help support your case against your lender.

The next post on this thread will be the example that you can download.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Here is the example in Word format for members only.

shay01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 21, 2009
Here is the example in Word format for members only.
Hi Moe or anyone I dont mean to sound stupid you know i just joined last month. Your note says to members only aren't we all members?? Dont laugh guys I know i just joined not sure still learning my way around the site.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Here is an example of what is contained in this example.

This is an actual true report by an actual homeowner who ended up getting a short sale with Countrywide. I helped of course ;)

Attempted Resolution of 1234 Main Street, Every City USA 911111

10/06 - Home listed by Century 21 – Mary Agent in October 2006 for the appraised value of $669,900.

2/18/07 – Received a Significant Payment Alert from Countrywide (see Exhibit 1)

7/07 - With no offers after eight months, switched to Coldwell Banker – Monica McKinley-Larabee and reduced the price to $649,900.

11/07 – Was falling behind on payments. With growing concern contacted Countrywide’s Workout Department to discuss options.

12/3/07 – Received a follow up letter from Countrywide (see Exhibit 2)

1/16/08 pm - When looking up her own traffic ticket on the Wisconsin Court System Website, Tracy Esslinger realized there was an action filed against her and her ex-husband.

1/17/08 – Tracy stayed home from work to contact Countrywide and investigate solutions.

She called Countrywide and was told by a customer service person she would receive the details of this through a process server and she had no other information available to share.

Tracy called back an hour later to a Countrywide Department known as the “home retention team” looking for help. After talking to two representatives she was connected to negotiator Isabel Chaidez. Tracy was told to drop the asking price of the home from $649,900 to $580,000 immediately to attempt a short sale. She was told she could apply for a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure.

Tracy quickly faxed all needed materials to Countrywide to begin Deed in Lieu process and dropped the price per Countrywide’s request.

1/23/08 - Countywide requested an appraisal with EMT Appraisals – conducted the day after the appraiser called to get into the house.

1/31/08 - Tracy Esslinger called for an update with Isabel Chaidez. The negotiator informed Tracy; Countrywide would be requesting a title report for the property and stated she anticipated a decision on the Deed in lieu “by mid next week.”

Sunday, 2/3/08 – Tracy Esslinger was served Foreclosure action papers at her home in the presence of her three children. The process server asked her who is living at the foreclosed property and she politely explained her mother is maintaining the home while attempting to sell.

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wow Moe, thanks. I do have my notebook with me at all times and when I can I transfer it onto a word doc. So far I have 14 pages of recording contacts.

It's very weird that collections hasn't called at all this week. But I've talked with loss mit twice,and always get their names and have records of what they say..... I'm thinking I will bring this to the NACA save the dream event in Oakland if I go.

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
No prob shay. Actually not everyone viewing this website is a member. At any given time we may have 100 plus members and 1500 plus visitors. The more members, the better for helping our cause. ;)

shay01

LoanSafe Member
Sep 21, 2009
No prob shay. Actually not everyone viewing this website is a member. At any given time we may have 100 plus members and 1500 plus visitors. The more members, the better for helping our cause. ;)
Ok thanks Moe So I am sure I am a member, but let me ask you this I see some say Senior Member and some say Junior what is the difference and how is that determine. I see I am a SR.

darkdays

LoanSafe Member
Oct 10, 2009
Wow Moe, thanks. I do have my notebook with me at all times and when I can I transfer it onto a word doc. So far I have 14 pages of recording contacts.

It's very weird that collections hasn't called at all this week. But I've talked with loss mit twice,and always get their names and have records of what they say..... I'm thinking I will bring this to the NACA save the dream event in Oakland if I go.

I had that same feeling of how odd it was when the collections calls stopped. That's because once they transfer it to foreclosure they are not suppose to make any additional collection calls and are not to take any payments from you. Unless, of course, it is a reinstatement payment planh.

caldwell02

LoanSafe Member
Jan 30, 2010
not so fast for me. I'm getting 6 calls a day from collections now. I don't have my NOD yet. Thank God for Caller ID.

eggosandy

LoanSafe Member
Oct 20, 2009
I have kept a similiar, but not so succint journal since March 2009 with ASC. I had two loans thru them on two different properties. One went thru the way it suppossed to and relatively was pain free. The other has been a nightmare from the start and is still not finished. To those people like me out there that are trying to work with ASC you might be persistent daily and soemtimes twice and 3 times a day. You must keep documentation which I mailed to them with names and dates and sometimes this still doesn't help. I understand now that with 3 unlinked computer systems, no wonder they are screwed up. I will persist and I will win.;)

THEEPLANB

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
ASC is taking 1/2 of my monthly payment for the last 2 months... no agreement, no paper work, they said they sent it but all I got from them is a military legal help info page. Im not in the military. They said they closed my file because I didnt turn in the paper work. I never got any and they refuse to send it in any traceable manor.
I dont know what to do????

MyHAMP

LoanSafe Member
Oct 5, 2009
Florida
Ok thanks Moe So I am sure I am a member, but let me ask you this I see some say Senior Member and some say Junior what is the difference and how is that determine. I see I am a SR.
Let me jump in for Moe here (;)) but as far as I know, that has something todo with the number of posts....

Moe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:D

jimbojones35

LoanSafe Member
Oct 1, 2009
MyHamp:
How long did it take you to finally get your loan modified (I may have already asked you this... cannot remember) and were you current on your loan? If not, how many months behind were you if you do not mind me asking. I'm really, truly at a cross road - just found out that my loan mod application timeline has been reset to get a response back in 120 days (I started this process in Jun09). I have been current, but now I need to make a decision as to whether to default in Dec09. I could deplete saving four more months to find that I'm back to where I am today. Any advice appreciated. I'll post this as a separate thread as well. I'm so frustrated by all of this!
Thx.

MyHAMP

LoanSafe Member
Oct 5, 2009
Florida
MyHamp:
How long did it take you to finally get your loan modified (I may have already asked you this... cannot remember) and were you current on your loan? If not, how many months behind were you if you do not mind me asking. I'm really, truly at a cross road - just found out that my loan mod application timeline has been reset to get a response back in 120 days (I started this process in Jun09). I have been current, but now I need to make a decision as to whether to default in Dec09. I could deplete saving four more months to find that I'm back to where I am today. Any advice appreciated. I'll post this as a separate thread as well. I'm so frustrated by all of this!
Thx.
We made our last regular payment about 2 years ago. Then, until about March '09, we didn't make any payment at all. We received a court-date for foreclosure in the mail the same day we received a forbearance-offer. After 5 forbearance payments of $2560, we signed the HAMP-trial period plan 8/3/2009 and made 3 trial-payments, $1317, on 9/1, 10/1 and 11/1.

On 11/17/2009, UPS delivered the modification agreement. No lost documents - we only had to update proof of income once.

When looking for a modification there might be many painful decisions to make - often "either...or.." instead of "and". Like "either keep the house or the perfect credit record."

In our case, that would be a no-brainer...although our credit was already ruined when we entered the mod-project.