Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Below you will find an example of a hardship letter:

Date:

To: Countrywide Mortgage

To Whom It May Concern:

Due to the recent adjustment to the mortgage I currently have with your company, I am finding it very difficult to afford the new payment. I have a 3 year fixed rate which is now adjustable and is schedule to adjust again in February, 2009.

Considering my current income, there will be no way I can afford the increased payments come February. Hopefully there is way to renegotiate the terms of my current mortgage to avoid default and help stop foreclosure on my home.

Is it possible to have my current adjustable rate mortgage converted to a fixed rate? If this is not possible, can you postpone the next rate change to a future date to allow me to continue making affordable payments or refinance? Any other solutions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have had no problem making my payments for over three years now and do not want that to change. My mortgage was originally written by another company and bought by Countrywide. I was assured that refinancing would be no problem but that turned out not to be true due to the downturn of the housing industry.

The main problem is that my property is now worth about 5-10% less than what I paid for it which is preventing me from being able to refinance. I was researching on the internet and came across the Fannie Mae Announcement #06-18 (Oct. 4th 2006) regarding the servicing of Conventional Mortgage Modifications. I/We hope we can solve this problem together.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Borrower’s Signature
Co-Borrower’s Signature (if applicable)

Please go to the next post to download a copy of this letter.

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
Please click on the attachment to download a copy of this hardship example.