Ditech / Greentree / Hsbc 2nd Nightmare

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
@strollingastronomer I didn't forget about you, just needed some time. What I would do is -- find a online template for a sworn statement, and prepare a personal statement with as much information as you can remember. I'm talking phone numbers, dates, names, addresses, company names, dollar amounts -- anything, and everything you can remember. Parts you do not - you can say something along the lines of "approximately Mid-July", "around July 12, 2009" or "approximately $2,000". You get this form notarized, and signed under perjury, and it adds a lot of credibility to the situation.

Afterwards, I would send them a letter requesting a full accounting of the loan, and a request for information on what was done with the proceeds you sent. Were they applied to Principle & Interest? Arrears? Escrow?
You also mention that you were under the impression that this amount was to be used for a full account settlement.

It may seem like a waste of your time, I think this will be very helpful in negotiating a settlement. It's an extra hand to play.

strollingastronomer

LoanSafe Member
Apr 30, 2012
thanks. hopefully I can get this figured out. I see these stories of hundreds of thousands of dollars getting extinguished that are not underwater, so I hope my measly 29k gets wiped finally... I had already sent them a letter telling them I had no proof per se, and I just wanted to reach and new settlement agreement in writing. somewhere close to holding my breath, but still living.

strollingastronomer

LoanSafe Member
Apr 30, 2012
I happened to check the county recorder site and see about a month ago they did an assignment of mortgage to ditech... is this indicative of them doing something finally? any thoughts/ideas on this?

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
I had an old HSBC HELOC. HSBC sold my HELOC to Greentree (changed to Ditech) Greentree then Ditech sent me a few collection letters. I sent them a QWR letter, asked for Copy of the note. Greentree sent me a copy of the note with a fabricated indorsement. I pointed out to them how it was a forge indorsement and challenged them to sue me. Never heard from them again. If they recorded an assignment. Maybe they are loking at non-judicial foreclosure, abeit based on a fraudulent assignment.