Countrywide/Bank of America Second mortgage Victims

BCMB1 Trust

LoanSafe Member
Don't want to tell my story because it is horror-filled, but will summarize. Here is a quick rant, having contested foreclosure for 13 months and going. Foreclosure was granted, but appealing and going through the courts and hopefully taking it all the way, or until settlement on my terms are reached. I see the trustee bringing foreclosure has already started talking settlement, but I'm not talking settlement yet.

Getting foreclosure granted gave them an upper hand, but as soon as appeal and examining original notes came about, they went settlement route quick. With questioning the loan documents and assignment, also throwing in the statute of limitations and injury caused by this mortgage fiasco, further weakens them. The idea is not to win but to negotiate to better terms without going through bankruptcy.

Chapter 13, with filing adversarial proceedings, is the same as going through courts outside bankruptcy. Still, you can refinance quick and pay them once you reach a low settlement amount. I don't want bankruptcy for now, but I may go that route if there is any way to weaken these wall street faceless banks. Please don't give up quickly because it will undermine your negotiation settlement, that is, if you have the chance.

Also, don't let them foreclose on you and lose all that equity. The second mortgage will foreclose (if you are not informed) unless you settle on their terms which is always very painful to the homeowner. The best bet is to put up a fight starting with filing a complain here https://www.consumerfinance.gov and educating yourself more about mortgage fraud here Mortgage Attack – The Only Way to Beat the Bank and here https://www.msfraud.org/ to see if your investors and servicers are fraudsters. If you have resources, get forensic mortgage loan auditing software and audit from the time of signing to the last guy.

A long the way, they must have hurt you financially, especially those that couldn't sell their houses or went the bankruptcy route. When things are going okay, find skeletons in the closet and start taking care of business. Since Boa officials told us over the phone to default on second mortgage so we could qualify for home modification in 2010, a lot have happened since then. First, we did that and they modified the mortgage, only to find out 9 years later, they only modified the first even after promising that we'll only be paying one modified loan for the 38 years.

Total fraudsters, I called them recently to ask about my second mortgage, the lady gladly said it went to Greentree sold by Bac home loans servicing LP, not BOA. And I asked, if not BOA how do you know it went to Greentree? and she gladly stated "Bac home loans servicing LP merged with BOA, NA, so we still have their systems".

I knew then that I had been robbed big time! FYI, if you are a countrywide home loans BOA victim and the trustee initiating foreclosure come with the note endorsed in blank using Michele Sjolander stamp, attack it first by hiring a court-approved forensic document examiner. 100% of the note was recreated and possibly stamped few weeks before the foreclosure hearing. I found out recently that all original promissory notes were destroyed sometimes back.

There is no original documents out there, but when courts or foreclosure is imminent, the scanned saved document is recreated like original and Michele Sjolander stamp is affixed. Check also here https://www.mersinc.org/homeowners for your prior servicer and investor. If different from the guys trying to foreclose, the second mortgage was bought and sold outside the MERS system.

The prior servicer on MERS should say inactive, meaning the mortgage has been paid in full or was sold. If active, then the same servicer should be the one trying to foreclose, and more so legitimately. In 90% of the cases, it says inactive! All these tactics and knowledge will give you an upper hand in negotiations not necessarily defeating foreclosure. Loan documents, assignments, injury, statute of limitations and few other strategies can help!.
Here is also another better read to prepare you as you face the fraudsters. https://www.debt.org/real-estate/foreclosure-defense/

Last edited by a moderator:

isisis

LoanSafe Member
This may be helpful for those living in judicial foreclosure states, maybe even some non judicial states but for anyone in California it would not be useful in fighting a foreclosure. But not to worry, the banks have been very "generous" in their wrongdoing. Certain torts are often applicable but the over looked breach of contract claim is the best bet. Banks breach the loan contract all the time in various ways and very rarely get called on it. We need to change that.

cookiemom

LoanSafe Member
I have been dealing with the CW/BOA mess for over a decade now.

Home purchased in 2006 with an 80/20 split mortgage with Countrywide for $211,000.
  • 1st $168,800
  • 2nd $42,200
BK7 discharged in 2008, with the intent to keep home.
  • Shortly after BK7, I continued to try for a loan mod. Kept failing even though I was following their instructions. Finally, the day before sheriff sale, 1st mortgage was approved for a loan modification with BOA fees taxes and interest @ $187,406.24. I do not understand why they would not mention the 2nd since both were with BOA. Another error I am finding, I understand the 2nd is considered a lien (debt covered under BK7), but the city tax records show the house technically sold again to me in 2008 when Modification went through but county records do not reflect this. So would this help in my battle with them, wouldn't this wipe out the 2nd if it shows I technically repurchased the home according to the city?
  • 2nd mortgage was never affirmed and apparently sold to RTR and now with SLS.
    • I have been following the steps provided here and randomly sending communication settlement request to each servicer of this lien. Recently, I received yet another statement from them, upon fully reviewing, I noticed on the back they posted the pay-off amount of $101,000. It has been collecting interest. I have also received a packet requesting tons of personal information and an inspector from SLS came to my door.
So my question’s are:
  • They have requested me to fill out forbearance paperwork and an inspector showed up at my door. Do I respond with my standard letter following the 2nd settlement process recommended on here?
    • I cannot afford another payment, my expenses are maxed out to the limit, I recently just had a baby. How do I get this as low as possible? I no longer feel time is my friend. I am sick of this looming over me. With the interest, they are taking any sort of equity I have in home. It would be as if I am purchasing this home today with 100% financing.
  • Should I hire a real estate attorney? Anyone have a recommendation here in Michigan?
  • Is there anything in MI related to BK7 and how long interest can accrue?
  • Will they negotiate the original note and dismiss this crazy interest that is more than the principle itself?
    • Any tips?

BCMB1 Trust

LoanSafe Member
I have been dealing with the CW/BOA mess for over a decade now.

Home purchased in 2006 with an 80/20 split mortgage with Countrywide for $211,000.
  • 1st $168,800
  • 2nd $42,200
BK7 discharged in 2008, with the intent to keep home.
  • Shortly after BK7, I continued to try for a loan mod. Kept failing even though I was following their instructions. Finally, the day before sheriff sale, 1st mortgage was approved for a loan modification with BOA fees taxes and interest @ $187,406.24. I do not understand why they would not mention the 2nd since both were with BOA. Another error I am finding, I understand the 2nd is considered a lien (debt covered under BK7), but the city tax records show the house technically sold again to me in 2008 when Modification went through but county records do not reflect this. So would this help in my battle with them, wouldn't this wipe out the 2nd if it shows I technically repurchased the home according to the city?
  • 2nd mortgage was never affirmed and apparently sold to RTR and now with SLS.
    • I have been following the steps provided here and randomly sending communication settlement request to each servicer of this lien. Recently, I received yet another statement from them, upon fully reviewing, I noticed on the back they posted the pay-off amount of $101,000. It has been collecting interest. I have also received a packet requesting tons of personal information and an inspector from SLS came to my door.
So my question’s are:
  • They have requested me to fill out forbearance paperwork and an inspector showed up at my door. Do I respond with my standard letter following the 2nd settlement process recommended on here?
    • I cannot afford another payment, my expenses are maxed out to the limit, I recently just had a baby. How do I get this as low as possible? I no longer feel time is my friend. I am sick of this looming over me. With the interest, they are taking any sort of equity I have in home. It would be as if I am purchasing this home today with 100% financing.
  • Should I hire a real estate attorney? Anyone have a recommendation here in Michigan?
  • Is there anything in MI related to BK7 and how long interest can accrue?
  • Will they negotiate the original note and dismiss this crazy interest that is more than the principle itself?
    • Any tips?
Yes, hire an experienced bankruptcy/consumer attorney. Don't let them take your house/equity under any circumstance. I don't know how Michigan rolls, but let them take you to foreclosure. In non-judicial states, they will win with the clerk of courts because the burden of proof in most cases is simple. Before foreclosure is granted, ensure to contest, and the foreclosure process will almost take a year. Once the foreclosure is granted by the clerk of courts, appeal so that another hearing is scheduled again. This time, the judge will preside over. In my case, after my attorney appealed and it was time for the judge to hear the case and forensically examine the mortgage note, the trustee and the shady bank bringing the foreclosure disappeared. After 8 months, they now want to settle for way much less and outside the court. We have uncovered that the second mortgage is owned by the first mortgage under a trust. They are the ones pulling the strings all along, and I'm sure your first mortgage has something to do with your second note, as well. If you have money, you can file a separate lawsuit/threaten them with injury, and they will negotiate on your terms. You have to do due diligence and find an attorney that sue lenders. I have been fighting my second mortgage foreclosure since 2019, and we are still battling. Suppose the judge grants the foreclosure after examining the note. In that case, my attorney will file a separate lawsuit, and we will go all the way up to the supreme court.

cookiemom

LoanSafe Member
Yes, hire an experienced bankruptcy/consumer attorney. Don't let them take your house/equity under any circumstance. I don't know how Michigan rolls, but let them take you to foreclosure. In non-judicial states, they will win with the clerk of courts because the burden of proof in most cases is simple. Before foreclosure is granted, ensure to contest, and the foreclosure process will almost take a year. Once the foreclosure is granted by the clerk of courts, appeal so that another hearing is scheduled again. This time, the judge will preside over. In my case, after my attorney appealed and it was time for the judge to hear the case and forensically examine the mortgage note, the trustee and the shady bank bringing the foreclosure disappeared. After 8 months, they now want to settle for way much less and outside the court. We have uncovered that the second mortgage is owned by the first mortgage under a trust. They are the ones pulling the strings all along, and I'm sure your first mortgage has something to do with your second note, as well. If you have money, you can file a separate lawsuit/threaten them with injury, and they will negotiate on your terms. You have to do due diligence and find an attorney that sue lenders. I have been fighting my second mortgage foreclosure since 2019, and we are still battling. Suppose the judge grants the foreclosure after examining the note. In that case, my attorney will file a separate lawsuit, and we will go all the way up to the supreme court.
Michigan is both judicial and non-judicial. I hired an attorney, which the lender continues to ignore his request for them to communicate with him as my legal counsel. Presently, they ignored my settlement offer and responded with a ridiculous reinstatement offer and they finally responded to my QWR. I also discovered that years back I should have been notified that my second was eligible for the 2MP program since my first was in the HAMP modification. No attempt was ever made letting me know of such program. At this point I just want to come to a fair agreement. I still have not found an answer to if interest can continue to accrue after SOL and I still have not even seen what the additional $60k consist of that has been added to the original amount.

BCMB1 Trust

LoanSafe Member
Michigan is both judicial and non-judicial. I hired an attorney, which the lender continues to ignore his request for them to communicate with him as my legal counsel. Presently, they ignored my settlement offer and responded with a ridiculous reinstatement offer and they finally responded to my QWR. I also discovered that years back I should have been notified that my second was eligible for the 2MP program since my first was in the HAMP modification. No attempt was ever made letting me know of such program. At this point I just want to come to a fair agreement. I still have not found an answer to if interest can continue to accrue after SOL and I still have not even seen what the additional $60k consist of that has been added to the original amount.
Experienced attorney who understands Michigan's laws maybe able to help. I don't think you should settle, or even pay original $42K, let alone additional $60K interest. In my case the original amount was 49K and I'm stuck on 5K on negotiation. My attorney suggested we started on 10K and they refused so after months they inquired whether we were willing to go up and I said no, we are going down to 5K and they went MIA. Hopefully if they try to reach my attorney in future, we will be going to 2K. If they are unhappy, they can initiate court proceedings again, with their fake Countrywide Michele Sjolander note!

cookiemom

LoanSafe Member
Experienced attorney who understands Michigan's laws maybe able to help. I don't think you should settle, or even pay original $42K, let alone additional $60K interest. In my case the original amount was 49K and I'm stuck on 5K on negotiation. My attorney suggested we started on 10K and they refused so after months they inquired whether we were willing to go up and I said no, we are going down to 5K and they went MIA. Hopefully if they try to reach my attorney in future, we will be going to 2K. If they are unhappy, they can initiate court proceedings again, with their fake Countrywide Michele Sjolander note!
Wow... thanks this gives me a little hope. There are so many variables that its hard to determine how approach this. My BK7 (2008), House being underwater, the loan mod approved on 1st (that roll fee into new total), the lack of any communication on second, the 2mp program, loan being transferred from countrywide to boa (then serviced by RTR) then transferred again to NYB of mellon (serviced by SLS). I am still shocked as to how the second that was part of my bk discharge could continue to accrue interest...

BCMB1 Trust

LoanSafe Member
Wow... thanks this gives me a little hope. There are so many variables that its hard to determine how approach this. My BK7 (2008), House being underwater, the loan mod approved on 1st (that roll fee into new total), the lack of any communication on second, the 2mp program, loan being transferred from countrywide to boa (then serviced by RTR) then transferred again to NYB of mellon (serviced by SLS). I am still shocked as to how the second that was part of my bk discharge could continue to accrue interest...
I don't know how BK7 went through without your attorney or someone suggesting lien stripping on the second mortgage. I think your attorney should have suggested BK13 so that lien stripping could take place because most houses were underwater back then. I have never tried BK, but when going through foreclosure, courtesy of the second loan, attorney after an attorney told me there was no way to lien strip the second mortgage when there is sufficient equity to cover the second loan. In 2007, you should have stripped it if you had taken the BK13 route, and your nightmare would have been buried then. For now, filing a separate lawsuit and claiming injury/financial ruin may be a better option, but that is after exhausting the other few options out there. On interest accrual, I think it is a pure scam; that is why they negotiate depending on many factors. If they know you are knowledgeable, armed with attorneys, and willing to go through the courts robustly, they tend to settle for less. However, suppose they know they have you against the wall. In that case, they can easily add 100K interest, as I have seen in other foreclosure forums. These zombie wall street banks are heartless, especially after deregulation from the last administration. They literally bought damaged/ securitized secondary mortgage notes for pennies on the dollar and sat on it waiting for equity to build up and minor tweaks in wall street deregulations to dissent on unsuspecting homeowners. I think you need to interrogate your original mortgage note with your signature from another angle. I was given mine to see during the foreclosure hearing. Still, I could tell there was something fishy. That is why we appealed foreclosure and threatened to forensically examine the original note when the hearing begins once again in the court. Suddenly they backed away, I guess temporarily, though it had been months. We are still waiting for them to serve us with the new hearing, months after the settlement talk reached an impasse. Suppose they don't come back in months to a year; I will definitely know the mortgage note they have must have been recreated/forged due to myriads of transfer from bank to banks over 12 years.

cookiemom

LoanSafe Member
I don't know how BK7 went through without your attorney or someone suggesting lien stripping on the second mortgage. I think your attorney should have suggested BK13 so that lien stripping could take place because most houses were underwater back then. I have never tried BK, but when going through foreclosure, courtesy of the second loan, attorney after an attorney told me there was no way to lien strip the second mortgage when there is sufficient equity to cover the second loan. In 2007, you should have stripped it if you had taken the BK13 route, and your nightmare would have been buried then. For now, filing a separate lawsuit and claiming injury/financial ruin may be a better option, but that is after exhausting the other few options out there. On interest accrual, I think it is a pure scam; that is why they negotiate depending on many factors. If they know you are knowledgeable, armed with attorneys, and willing to go through the courts robustly, they tend to settle for less. However, suppose they know they have you against the wall. In that case, they can easily add 100K interest, as I have seen in other foreclosure forums. These zombie wall street banks are heartless, especially after deregulation from the last administration. They literally bought damaged/ securitized secondary mortgage notes for pennies on the dollar and sat on it waiting for equity to build up and minor tweaks in wall street deregulations to dissent on unsuspecting homeowners. I think you need to interrogate your original mortgage note with your signature from another angle. I was given mine to see during the foreclosure hearing. Still, I could tell there was something fishy. That is why we appealed foreclosure and threatened to forensically examine the original note when the hearing begins once again in the court. Suddenly they backed away, I guess temporarily, though it had been months. We are still waiting for them to serve us with the new hearing, months after the settlement talk reached an impasse. Suppose they don't come back in months to a year; I will definitely know the mortgage note they have must have been recreated/forged due to myriads of transfer from bank to banks over 12 years.
We went with bk7 because I also owned a business, another rental home and it was the only way to be free and clear of that portion as well. What really kills me, is my attorney had home value noted as 180k although the appraisal I had from back then was 150k...if he would have listed at $150k then the second would have been wholly unsecured and based on the timing I could try for stripping. Some districts have allowed.

The papers of what they sent me seems like the original. I'm not saying there isn't anything shady though, the person that did these wonderful interest only 1st and 2nd loan combo actually went to jail for mortgage fraud. Who would I contact to examine these two loans that is familiar with Countrywide's scandals?

Yesterday was the deadline for me to accept the obscene payment workout plan with $20k down and 5% on the remaining $80k. So I'd be paying interest on the $60k interest they added to the total