Can I get an investment home loan with no or low money down payment?

invest2019

LoanSafe Member
Jun 14, 2019
In terms of investment properties that you are looking to either flip or rent out, are loan options with a no down payment? How about a low down payment? I am a bit confused on this as they don’t work quite the same as standard home loans where you intend on moving into the property.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
The answer is no. Banks don’t want these kind of loans on their books without a 20-25% down payment.

By the way, please keep your posts and questions in one thread.

Reactions: Jzone

Jzone

LoanSafe Member
Jun 20, 2017
In terms of investment properties that you are looking to either flip or rent out, are loan options with a no down payment? How about a low down payment? I am a bit confused on this as they don’t work quite the same as standard home loans where you intend on moving into the property.
Seriously, just ask your question once and in one thread. You have asked this 3 times in slightly differant ways.
The short answer is banks are not going to give you cheap money to flip a house. You can google this and find all you need to know.

Erik Sandstrom

Mortgage Expert - Call 1-619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Jan 14, 2011
San Diego, California
www.loansreduced.com
If you're looking to flip the property, hard money financing is the way you want to go and yes they do require a sizable amount down in most cases.

If you're looking to buy and hold, the parameters are below:

1 unit - 15% minimum down (rates are not great, 20-25% down rates improve)
2-4 unit - 25% down minimum

I may have something unique if needed, feel free to touch base with me here: [email protected].