CA Atty Gen Issues Cease & Desist Against GMAC/Ally

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA
Ok, folks, here we go...23 other states have already halted FC. Are we here in CA the first non-judicial state to do the same? I'm not thinking as badly of old Moonbeam, as I once did...

The controversy stems from a Florida court case in which an Ally official reportedly testified that he signed thousands of documents in foreclosure cases without even reviewing the homeowners' loan documents.

Read more: California demands halt to foreclosures by mortgage giant - Sacramento Business, Housing Market News | Sacramento Bee

Evan Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego, California
www.LoanSafe.org
According to Brown, California law forbids a lender from issuing a notice of default - the first step toward foreclosure - unless it can show it has tried to contact the borrower. The law covers mortgages originated between 2003 and 2007.
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/24/3054026/california-demands-halt-to-foreclosures.html#ixzz10U2c4VOC
Thanks so much for sharing this Goldie! This is excellent news for almost anyone who has their mortgage serviced by GMAC.. Who knows maybe we will start seeing a trend with other lenders as well..

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA
Thanks so much for sharing this Goldie! This is excellent news for almost anyone who has their mortgage serviced by GMAC.. Who knows maybe we will start seeing a trend with other lenders as well..
I think so, Evan, about the trend & I certainly HOPE SO! Beth Ann Cottrell is linked with Jeffrey Stephan, but she's been on a lot of Chase docs. Could they be next?

Flippinwhacko has John Kennerty on his docs (another notorious robo signer).

flippinwacko

LoanSafe Member
Dec 30, 2008
4 seasons Idago
Brown Directs Nation's Fourth Largest Home Lender to Suspend Foreclosures Until It Proves It Is Complying with the Law

Have all Kalifornians filed a complaint with the Attorney General?
Check yer friggin documents!!!! FRAUD!!!!

News & Alerts - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

LOS ANGELES - Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. today directed Ally Financial, Inc., formerly known as GMAC, to prove immediately that it is complying with state law or, if it cannot, to cease and desist from foreclosing on California homes.

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA
Have all Kalifornians filed a complaint with the Attorney General?
Check yer friggin documents!!!! FRAUD!!!!

News & Alerts - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

LOS ANGELES - Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. today directed Ally Financial, Inc., formerly known as GMAC, to prove immediately that it is complying with state law or, if it cannot, to cease and desist from foreclosing on California homes.
I read a comment on another site about GMAC/Ally is just a pawn the bigger banks threw under the bus - but this action still brought UNWANTED attention to the other banks & their robosigners/fraud. How are they going to get out of "this one"? :rolleyes:

I wish someone would WAKE UP about MERS too...:confused: