Bank of america delaying foreclosures in 23 states!

flippinwacko

LoanSafe Member
Dec 30, 2008
4 seasons Idago
APNewsBreak: BofA delays foreclosures in 23 states

As Gomer Pyle would say! "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!" NOT!!!!!!

Bank of America says it is delaying foreclosures in 23 states as it examines whether it rushed the foreclosure process for thousands of homeowners without reading the documents.
Bank of America is not yet able to estimate how many homeowners cases will be affected, a spokesman for the nation's largest bank says.
A bank official acknowledged in a legal proceeding in February that she signed up to 8,000 foreclosure documents a month and typically didn't read them. The Associated Press obtained the document Friday.
The executive's admission adds the nation's largest bank to a growing list of mortgage companies whose employees signed documents in foreclosure cases without verifying the information in them.

Read more: APNewsBreak: BofA delays foreclosures in 23 states

goldie

LoanSafe Member
Nov 19, 2009
CA

Bank of America says it is delaying foreclosures in 23 states as it examines whether it rushed the foreclosure process for thousands of homeowners without reading the documents.
Bank of America is not yet able to estimate how many homeowners cases will be affected, a spokesman for the nation's largest bank says.
A bank official acknowledged in a legal proceeding in February that she signed up to 8,000 foreclosure documents a month and typically didn't read them. The Associated Press obtained the document Friday.
The executive's admission adds the nation's largest bank to a growing list of mortgage companies whose employees signed documents in foreclosure cases without verifying the information in them.

As Madea would say, "Hallaaaaay-looooooo-yur!"

I'm not surprised a bit but I am grinning like the Cheshire cat. Do you think little old Johnny Kennerty's name is going to come out in this wash? Let's have Madea beat him up! Give him a serving of grits Venus & Serena style!

Old Jerry Brown better add BAC to the ban list (which is growing daily).

jms2772

LoanSafe Member
Aug 24, 2010

Does anyone have any idea what this really means? I am scheduled for sale date of 10/8, in PA, and I desperately trying to get a postponement. So far with no luck . . . . .

iulloa

LoanSafe Member
Jun 5, 2009
I wonder what this means for those of us in Florida that have already been foreclosed on? I lost my house to foreclosure to BofA in May. I tried several times to apply for the loan mod. I sent paperwork several times, Email, fax and by Fedex and all i got was I never submitted paperwork! To make a long story short, we lost the house but always knew this bank played us for fools, never bothered to help us and just wanted to get rid of our loan. Should we contact an attorney? How do you even find out about class action law suits? Any recommendations on what we should do?