Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Damn, I'm angry. That's not right. They didn't even have the cojones to address your arguments. Perhaps because they know they couldn't and didn't want the issue to see the light of day. Either the securitization allegations or the fraud on the court. Wonder which, maybe both.
Thanks you guys for the encouragement. I think the appellate judges gave BOfA another bailout, saved its 3 law firms and attorneys with all the legal education from the embarrassment of losing to a pro se who just learned the law, also saving face for the trial judge with the ridiculous ruling. Will see what happen. If I were them I would just say thank you and keep quiet. But you never know what these dumb lawyers will do. I'll have my federal case ready when they try to sell my house or 2 years (SOL) whichever earlier.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
So I saw on TV the National Guard tanks & trucks lined up in L.A. today. Hope you stay safe, my friend. If we get through all of this(foreclosures & riots) there will be more "tye dyed roses" in your future. Hell, maybe just regular red roses. You're not all that special, LMAO.

Talk about music, I need a "pick me up". In your profound wisdom, say something I need to hear. Something "Bowie like", something "Monty Python like", something "Ole winery memories like", something"Freddie like".
These guys weren't memories but they sound like a lot of our favorites. Actually they sound like a Tom Waits barbershop quartet. Brothers Moving, tons of videos on YouTube.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
"I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled.The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." General James Mattis.
What we're actually witnessing is not that...it's Trump and the democrats turning our country's places of leadership into their own personal pissing contest. All the democrats have done over Trump's time in office is fight against him at every turn. Come on, your feelings about Trump aside, do you realize that the democrats have gone as far as to falsify claims and even obtain a FISA warrant with known false documentation? There is no innocent party in our politics right now. We have people who have been in office for 3 or 4 decades in our Congress that have done nothing. Trump has been attacked at every single turn--democrats were even saying as soon as he won the election that they were going to impeach him. Seriously. Both parties have turned this into a circus and made us the laughing stock of the world at this point. Trump acts like a playground bully and the democrats have done far more than any party has done in history to avoid doing their jobs. Someone should tell the House democrats that their job is to represent US, not focus on impeaching a sitting president by any means necessary. The impeachment itself was not even done legally, as the House violated Congressional rules for impeachment from the go.

But make no mistake, I am not at all in agreement with how Trump has handled it all. Both sides had the perfect chance--more than once--to do something to actually care about We the People....both have utterly failed.

I think I understand why we cannot get better candidates for president now. There are some great minds and great hearts out there, and none of them want to be subjected to the abuse that a president takes. Obama was the subject of even racist BS from republican voters....Trump has been the most mocked, most investigated, and most blamed president--when there's no proof of wrongdoing--ever. Who in their right mind would want to take the job?? Clearly not anyone who's really deserving of the position. Biden would be a total disaster as president, even worse than Trump. He's very obviously suffering from something...perhaps even early onset dementia. It's so sad to watch. I saw one video where Biden literally had to have his wife come to the podium and tell him twice that it was time to leave the podium. He just stood there. Even when she came to him and said let's go, he still had to be told again. Any of you who have seen Biden speaking in the past know the complete difference that he is today.

I think this year, I'm gonna vote for Pee Wee Herman for president. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty to get the job done and he doesn't care who sees him do it.

Last thought for now--the investigation into the Obama administration is getting deeper....and the whole Trump-Russia mess is about to bite him in the ass. The illegal things our leaders are doing and have been doing in recent years...it's getting more and more bold. Never in our history has a sitting administration taken such illegal action to "investigate" a presidential candidate like this. Rosenstein's testimony is particularly interesting, in that he clearly was misled at the time. He even went as far as to say that if he knew then what he knows now about the FISA application and so on, he would not have made the same decision. Think about this---the Clinton campaign paid a foreign operative to create the Steele dossier---which they knew from the start was falsified information---and then used it to illegally spy on the opposing candidate's campaign. People literally should be in prison right now for this....no matter what party you align yourself with, that's a fact.

Reactions: isisis

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
"I think I understand why we cannot get better candidates for president now. There are some great minds and great hearts out there, and none of them want to be subjected to the abuse that a president takes. "

I couldn't agree more, my friend. The future looks bleak. Seriously, Donald Trump or Joe Biden? Wake me up when it's over. Trump can take abuse but also gives it back. Biden will rob the country blind, because he will be the Democrats puppet on a string.

arrgy

LoanSafe Member
Apr 19, 2019
This election isn't about Biden or Trump, its simply Democrat and Republican, and the sad thing is that most of Trump's policies aren't Republican or Conservative at all. Remember when Republicans were for small government, letting the market decide for itself, lowering the debt, being strong on the world stage. Trump has done none of that, all he has done is expanded the power of the Federal Government, interfered with the market, and made us a 2nd rate county on the world stage. For the exception of a tax cut, he has really done nothing to further conservative causes. People are simply going to vote R or D and the few individuals that actually think about these things will decide the election.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
More Trouble,

Glad you're not giving up though I'd never imagine you would. Hats off to your endless perseverance and belief in justice.

OHM,

I wasn't suggesting that overcharging would in itself be an effective foreclosure defense but a potential tool. You most certainly still have rights despite being in default because under common law and the terms of the loan contract there's a cure period that allows you to correct your performance. If the creditor is actively hindering your ability to exercise your cure rights it affects their ability to enforce. I used the word "questionable" because I was uncertain of the actual legal result as it would depend. For instance if you could show that payments could be made except for the amount overcharged then technically you'd win. Other arguments could be made for breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, unfair business practices, FDCPA, etc.

The mortgage secures the right to foreclose so despite your default in payments they remain bound by its terms. During the cure period their performance is suspended not excused. See Restatement (Second) of Contracts § 237 comment a.

If they've added overcharges to the balance claimed due they're misrepresenting the amount of the debt in violation of 15 USC 1692e (A). As the Security Instrument is governed by Applicable Law this would also be a breach. Notice the FTC in their action against Countrywide included the violation of the FTC Act, no private right of action, BTW.

Krafty is right, it wouldn't be easy to litigate much less cost effective. No matter what common law may say about contract disputes courts favor mortgage companies. Still it could provide some leverage in negotiations.

Reactions: OneHugeMess

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
So they decided not to propound the record and address the fraud? Go figure. :rolleyes: At least the AG has a copy. I would think this reflects badly on the Appeals Ct. No justice. No peace. Fight on. Glad you are handling this calmly MT.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
Opposition to Trump isn't necessarily a partisan or even a political issue. It's a matter of the core values that unite us as Americans. The video tape of George Floyd's murder is outrageous and heartbreaking by anyone's standards. When Trump didn't respond with outrage or a true showing of sorrow and promise of justice in an attempt to unite us, there was a justified sense of betrayal. When he instead threatened police retaliation he was throwing fire on gasoline. Any student of psychology could predict that his threats of shooting would have the opposite effect.

People were already suffering from lockdown, sickness and death around them, economic hardship from the pandemic. Which Trump chose to ignore until it was too late and anger was already seething.

You have to ask yourself what he hoped to accomplish by inciting the rioters? Is he just a drama queen or was it meant to be a distraction? He scares me silly.

arrgy

LoanSafe Member
Apr 19, 2019
For 90% of people, their mind in the election is already made up, and short of Trump starting a nuclear war that isn't going to change. Either Trump can do no wrong, or Trump is a dumpster fire. Its that small 10% of voters who are still on the fence, now why they are on the fence I have no freaking clue, those are the people for each party to target. Think of it, two or three months from now we maybe facing another crisis, North Korea, collapsing economy, major major hurricane, who knows, and all of this that we have experienced in the past couple of weeks with Trump would have been forgotten. Hell people have already forgotten (at least where I live) that we have a major deadly and highly contagious virus out there.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Thanks guys. I kind of expect it after the trial judge ignored the laws and ruled for BOfA. I am just really disappointed in our elected judges, elected and compensated by the people and tax payers but actually work for the crooked banks. I am reading a bunch of cases to get ready for the federal case in the event my petition to the SC denied (more than likely) . I know they will file a MTD. Based on Rooker-Feldman, claim preclusion, issue preclusion. I will also file whistle blower case with the SEC and DOJ. It’s possible that I lose the house which I am not too crazy about but win a reward from the government.
I am not to hung up on Red or Blue. Like I said before they both work for the Green and the Green controls them both. It’s probably the Green (the Fed, the banks) and its cohorts instigate the division so Red and Blue forget who really in charge. Life is too short to be angry and pissed off at others. Do what you have to do but be happy.
Cheers.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Also I did not counterclaimed against Ocwen because I knew I might need to sue them in the Federal case to get around their MTD. The discovery that will be important because that will expose the fraud big time. The fed judges are considered more fluent in securities frauds, also they got paid more, hopefully more incentive to rule justly. A big chess game.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Opposition to Trump isn't necessarily a partisan or even a political issue. It's a matter of the core values that unite us as Americans. The video tape of George Floyd's murder is outrageous and heartbreaking by anyone's standards. When Trump didn't respond with outrage or a true showing of sorrow and promise of justice in an attempt to unite us, there was a justified sense of betrayal. When he instead threatened police retaliation he was throwing fire on gasoline. Any student of psychology could predict that his threats of shooting would have the opposite effect.

People were already suffering from lockdown, sickness and death around them, economic hardship from the pandemic. Which Trump chose to ignore until it was too late and anger was already seething.

You have to ask yourself what he hoped to accomplish by inciting the rioters? Is he just a drama queen or was it meant to be a distraction? He scares me silly.
I guess my issue is that NONE of our leaders said very much, or said anything at all, about George Floyd. The rioting and looting is destroying much of several cities and the democrat politicians are not even willing to speak up against it all.

Y'all do realize that the democrats are perfectly happy to watch cities burn so they can use it to boost their election chances, right? No kidding.

And we all should be paying attention to the bigger picture too--it's not enough IMHO to say that a leader has not said enough. Did you guys hear about the piles of bricks that mysteriously have just appeared as if out of thin air in places where the rioting had already started up? Seriously....no construction going on, one day they just showed up in downtown areas. Someone obviously put them there, and no one's saying much about it.

Here's actual video of Boston police officers taking bricks out of a Boston PD truck and stacking them in an alley. We all need to wake up and understand exactly who is behind what. These riots were not spontaneous. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but this is evidence that someone in power wants these events to happen.

I agree with you about Trump's complete lack of effort to unite us. But the same is true--and even worse--on the opposing side of our politics. When democrats can stand by and say and do nothing while cities burn, when someone's intentionally placing these piles of bricks around to help facilitate destruction of property and/or injury to others--and it's all about harming Trump's chances in the election--what does that say to us about what these folks actually care about? We're able to be sacrificed in this manner for their own political aspirations. Is that acceptable to anyone here? We're already being sacrificed when it comes to our homes for the same selfish reasons...how much more of this should we be willing to tolerate?

Remember this now---Americans gathered peacefully not that long ago to demand an end to the stay at home orders. These protests were peaceful and happened around the country. Democrat leaders attacked those protesters. Where are the democrat leaders speaking against riots and looting now? Nonexistent. The peaceful protesters were shamed, told they were "killing" people due to corona, and so much more. But now, when people are actually dying, these same democrat leaders are silent. Coincidence? Nope. NY Governor Cuomo, discussing those protesting stay at home orders, told the press, "“you have no right to jeopardize my health … and my children’s health and your children’s health.” But yesterday, this same man tried to justify the rioting and looting, saying that these protesters were justified in being angry. Justified in being angry? Yes, I agree. But not like this. Wrongdoing NEVER is justified just because someone else did wrong.

arrgy

LoanSafe Member
Apr 19, 2019
I guess my issue is that NONE of our leaders said very much, or said anything at all, about George Floyd. The rioting and looting is destroying much of several cities and the democrat politicians are not even willing to speak up against it all.

Y'all do realize that the democrats are perfectly happy to watch cities burn so they can use it to boost their election chances, right? No kidding.

And we all should be paying attention to the bigger picture too--it's not enough IMHO to say that a leader has not said enough. Did you guys hear about the piles of bricks that mysteriously have just appeared as if out of thin air in places where the rioting had already started up? Seriously....no construction going on, one day they just showed up in downtown areas. Someone obviously put them there, and no one's saying much about it.

Here's actual video of Boston police officers taking bricks out of a Boston PD truck and stacking them in an alley. We all need to wake up and understand exactly who is behind what. These riots were not spontaneous. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but this is evidence that someone in power wants these events to happen.

I agree with you about Trump's complete lack of effort to unite us. But the same is true--and even worse--on the opposing side of our politics. When democrats can stand by and say and do nothing while cities burn, when someone's intentionally placing these piles of bricks around to help facilitate destruction of property and/or injury to others--and it's all about harming Trump's chances in the election--what does that say to us about what these folks actually care about? We're able to be sacrificed in this manner for their own political aspirations. Is that acceptable to anyone here? We're already being sacrificed when it comes to our homes for the same selfish reasons...how much more of this should we be willing to tolerate?

Remember this now---Americans gathered peacefully not that long ago to demand an end to the stay at home orders. These protests were peaceful and happened around the country. Democrat leaders attacked those protesters. Where are the democrat leaders speaking against riots and looting now? Nonexistent. The peaceful protesters were shamed, told they were "killing" people due to corona, and so much more. But now, when people are actually dying, these same democrat leaders are silent. Coincidence? Nope. NY Governor Cuomo, discussing those protesting stay at home orders, told the press, "“you have no right to jeopardize my health … and my children’s health and your children’s health.” But yesterday, this same man tried to justify the rioting and looting, saying that these protesters were justified in being angry. Justified in being angry? Yes, I agree. But not like this. Wrongdoing NEVER is justified just because someone else did wrong.
What a load of crap, absolute and total crap. Democrat leaders say and do nothing? Are you full of it or what? Atlanta's mayor Keisha Bottoms was all over every major news outlet including Fox almost every single night, pleading to keep things peaceful in her city. She didn't attack the protesters at all, she went to the protesters to meet with them and talk with them.
Mayor Van Johnson of Savannah, not only spoke out for peaceful protests he actually LEAD protesters in marching from Johnson Square to City Hall in Savannah, that city saw two windows broken. Fargo N.D. mayor Mahoney spoke out against the violence in his city, and turned away those that came to his city with guns. Just across the river from Philadelphia, in the city of Camden, N.J. which has had one of the highest per capita murder rates in the entire country for decades, when in the 1980s saw half of the city burn to the ground as a result of rioting, saw peaceful demonstrations as the mayor and police chief marching with protesters. I could go on, but man what a load of $hit.

arrgy

LoanSafe Member
Apr 19, 2019
Newark, NJ
In Newark, civic leaders, police and mayors from surrounding cities in New Jersey participated alongside residents in peaceful protests on Saturday, while members of People's Organization for Progress circulated throughout the crowd, encouraging orderliness, social distancing and handing out water.

Newark is a city that, for decades, has been haunted by simmering racial tensions. The infamous 1967 Newark riots, five days of violent unrest, happened after a black cab driver was arrested for a minor traffic violation and badly beaten by two white officers.

Thousands of residents took to the streets, protesting police brutality. The situation quickly escalated, leading to looting and destruction -- 26 people died, scores were injured and property damaged totaled tens of millions of dollars.

"This city went up in flames, and we are still trying to recover from that 50 years later," Newark Mayor Ras Baraka said during a speech to about 3,500 protesters. "My father was beat in the head in the rebellion in 1967. This story is not just a history lesson for me, it is very personal for my family in this community because we were injured in this rebellion."

Lawrence Hamm, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and longtime civil rights activist, and the chairman of the People's Organization for Progress, which organized the event in Newark, credits the relative peacefulness of the protests in Newark to the demonstrators themselves.

"I don't know if 'peaceful' is really the right word," he told ABC News. "People say 'peaceful protest,' but a protest is a disturbance of the peace."

"If I had to boil it down to one factor," Hamm added, "I would say that one of the reasons that the protest has not been destructive is because people want to keep the narrative about the protest, on the issues of justice."

When Hamm spoke to the crowd on Saturday, he pointedly asked, "What do we want the narrative to be tomorrow, about what we did today? ... We are here to march and protest the death of George Floyd. If you're here to do something different, you're not with us."

The death of Floyd incited tremendous anger because "people saw his death in real time. It was almost as if it was a public execution," Hamm explained. "People are outraged. People should be outraged. But we should let outrage move us to action for justice. And that is what we are trying to do in New Jersey."

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
For those who did not prevail in state courts because of document frauds.

"If a federal plaintiff asserts as a legal wrong an allegedly erroneous decision by a state court, and seeks
relief from a state court judgment based on that decision, Rooker-Feldman bars subject matter
jurisdiction in federal district court. If, on the other hand, a federal plaintiff asserts as a legal wrong an
allegedly illegal act or omission by an adverse party, Rooker-Feldman does not bar jurisdiction. If there
is simultaneously pending federal and state court litigation between the two parties dealing with the
same or related issues, the federal district court in some circumstances may abstain or stay proceedings;
or if there has been state court litigation that has already gone to judgment, the federal suit may be
claim-[or issue-]precluded under [28 U.S.C.] § 1738. But in neither of these circumstances does
Rooker-Feldman bar jurisdiction."

KOUGASIAN v. TMSL INC

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
I haven't been able to post the past few days. I just finished preparing a home for a new tenant, and just got back into the city.

It's taken a lot of effort out of me, but I will not post my political views, right now. I will say though, not a single one of you has a damn clue what NYC looks like right now. I came home to a fucking war zone and disaster everywhere. I could not be more pissed off about it.

Getting back on topic. I received a loss mitigation packet from PHH Mortgage (Ocwen) and SPS. I would appreciate all the good fortune and prayers that could be sent my way because I am so nervous.

@isisis, I'm actually going to try and dispute several things, including Force-Placed Insurance on that loan. Might as well, see what happens. That was actually a pretty good idea of yours.

Reactions: isisis and just_me

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
OHM,

There was another angle I was thinking of for you before the group conversation went all over the place. It's something that might be helpful to many people unable to make payments due to the coronavirus.

It's associated with force majeure but doesn't require a contractual clause. It's a common law concept that if performance of a contract becomes impossible or impracticable due to a supervening force not contemplated or caused by either party then performance is excused.

Restatement (Second) of Contracts, § 269 (1981).

Impracticability of performance or frustration of purpose that is only temporary suspends the obligor’s duty to perform while the impracticability or frustration exists but does not discharge his duty or prevent it from arising unless his performance after the cessation of the impracticability or frustration would be materially more burdensome than had there been no impracticability or frustration.

This has been used to suspend performance during times of natural crisis like the aftermath of 911 because “where a supervening act creates a temporary impossibility, particularly of brief duration, the impossibility may be viewed as merely excusing performance until it subsequently becomes possible to perform rather than excusing performance altogether.”

In your state Bush v. ProTravel Int’l, Inc., 746 N.Y.S.2d 790 (N.Y. Civ. Ct. 2002) has been approvingly cited for its application of Section 269 in times of national crises. It operates to temporarily suspend a party’s obligation to perform during the period of impracticality or frustration, it typically does not discharge the obligation altogether.

Here in California we even have an associated statute, Civil Code § 1511.2.

This brings up a question that's been plaguing me for the longest time and may be important to others in forbearance. The $50,000 question is, what is the legal effect of performance excused? Or suspended for that matter in the context of a contract to repay a debt? Do payments accrue so that once the suspension or the excuse is no longer in effect they become at once due or does time stand still? By definition an excuse tends to forgive something while a suspension stops the clock. You can bet that in either case the bank will argue that the clock kept in ticking and payments accrued. I'd love to disprove it.

If anyone can give me a definitive answer I'll give you my first born.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
What a load of crap, absolute and total crap. Democrat leaders say and do nothing? Are you full of it or what? Atlanta's mayor Keisha Bottoms was all over every major news outlet including Fox almost every single night, pleading to keep things peaceful in her city. She didn't attack the protesters at all, she went to the protesters to meet with them and talk with them.
Mayor Van Johnson of Savannah, not only spoke out for peaceful protests he actually LEAD protesters in marching from Johnson Square to City Hall in Savannah, that city saw two windows broken. Fargo N.D. mayor Mahoney spoke out against the violence in his city, and turned away those that came to his city with guns. Just across the river from Philadelphia, in the city of Camden, N.J. which has had one of the highest per capita murder rates in the entire country for decades, when in the 1980s saw half of the city burn to the ground as a result of rioting, saw peaceful demonstrations as the mayor and police chief marching with protesters. I could go on, but man what a load of $hit.
Let me make this crystal clear to you.

There are many of us here who disagree on politics. You will notice, if you browse your way around the forums and even in this very thread, that we all seem to have zero issue doing it without attacking each other. That's how it works here. If that's the best you can do--attack someone simply because they disagree with you---then you're on the wrong forum and you should seek life elsewhere. Mmkay, pumpkin?

Now, on to your diatribe. If you actually read my post, you'll see that I said the Democrats are more concerned with milking the current events to help election chances. That is clearly not mayors...it's state and federal level politicians. Even many governors have not gotten into the federal mess yet, but some have, and I gave a specific example in NY Governor Cuomo, did I not?

What about the federal level politicians? Pelosi was fully content to call Trump a liar, racist, and fear monger this past January when she stood in Chinatown and practically begged the public to visit there, amid the growing threat of COVID-19. As it turns out, many democrats attacked Trump in January for trying to take action against COVID-19. When he called for travel restrictions, your federal level heroes pretended he was just being a racist and just trying to incite panic.....

Well whadayaknow, those same federal level heroes of yours when then pull a 180 and lie, and claim that Trump did not truy to act fast enough, and that his lack of effort allowed coronavirus to spread into America. TRUTH, son. Even the liberal media got in on the mess, with several major outlets actually saying that the flu was worse than corona....and then later blaming Trump, claiming he said that, not them. Total BS. And that's who you are trying to defend right now.

So, back to the issue of the riots. Remember this---let it sink in real good. Democrat politicians have called for the arrest of business owners who just wanted to open their business back up so they could feed their families. I showed you an example of this with Cuomo, once again. He's far from the only one. But out of all those democrat politicians who complained about the stay at home protesters---who were not out burning cities and looting entire Target stores, mind you---how many of them reversed their position when it came to the George Floyd protesters? Pretty much all of them.....Cuomo included.

But let's go into your example, and talk about mayors, since that seems to be the best you were able to muster. What about Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey? Mayor Frey emphatically prohibited any and every protest gathering regarding the stay at home order. What's his position on the rioters and looters in his city? Here it is:

"“The city encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” a news release read. “The city has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week.”

In other words, he no longer cared if protesters were violating the 6 foot rule...no longer cared if they were gathered in groups larger than 10 people....they were free to loot and burn the city as long as they wore a mask. This same politician specifically forbade any group of 10 or more due to corona, but while we're still in the midst of the pandemic, he "encourages" protesters, rioters and looters to distance "as much as possible"....and they are not even arresting the looters and rioters at this point, for the most part.

How about NYC mayor Bill de Blasio? He actually told the Jewish community in NYC that there were no more warnings after a FUNERAL was held. A FUNERAL. He was perfectly fine threatening to arrest family members that had attended a FUNERAL.....so what's his stance now? Here it is:

[“I want to just say anyone who wants to protest, we’re going to protect your right to protest, but please also respect [that] the cop in front of you did not create the problem,” de Blasio told listeners on The Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC radio.

The New York Post reports the protesters in New York City have “largely flouted social distancing rules,” but prompted no criticism from de Blasio, who said last month that large gatherings “spread the disease and help kill people.”

Just last month, de Blasio declared public protests over advocating for reopening the city were prohibited.

“We’re not allowing any kind of gathering, period,” the mayor said at a press briefing.

“I don’t care if it’s 20 people or a hundred people or a thousand people, it’s not going to be allowed. So the point is, if you gather, NYPD is coming there to give you a summons and if you resist, to arrest you, period, across all communities.

Astoundingly, de Blasio at the time said protesters could hold online rallies to express their views.

“So no, of course this organization is not allowed to hold a rally that goes against every rule we’ve got. They can express themselves online. There’s all sorts of other ways, but if they attempt to hold a rally, they will be summonsed immediately, and that’s true for people of any viewpoint. We’re not doing rallies at this point. They spread the disease and help to kill people. It’s unacceptable,” he said.]

Don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining, son.

So what about the ones I was REALLY talking about? You know, the federal level democrats? The ones like Pelosi, who told the world a few months ago that Trump was making up the threat of COVID-19 and encouraged people to gather in public in her district? Has she said anything about the rioting? The looting? The destruction? The attacks on police officers? The attacks on innocent civilians? Nope. She joined a protest at the state capital at a time when COVID-19 rules were still supposed to be in effect. She blames Trump for "fueling the flames"....because he made comments days after the rioting and looting began. That's it.

What about other federal level democrats? Those are the ones who are interested in presidential elections more than their own cities, unlike most mayors. Not much, if anything, has been said on that level. We have people literally committing felonies...like it's a sport....innocent people get caught up in the mess....and your democrat leaders are so busy pretending that Trump is to blame for everything under the damn sun that they are failing completely to do their own jobs.

But don't worry....you're still entitled to your own opinion...even when it's contradicted by facts. Just know this---you either learn how to express that opinion without attacking others, or you find another place to do it. Treat me like crap again, and I'll make you famous. I treated you and everyone else in this conversation with nothing but respect, and I'll be damned if you think you're gonna drop in like you got a pair and treat me or anyone else on this forum with attacks. Is that clear enough for you? You got nothing but respect, so that's how you treat others. We've been disagreeing with each other on issues such as this very respectfully on this forum for years....you're not going to come in here and jack with that now. The last person that tried it was shown the door....your choice, sport.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
Newark, NJ
In Newark, civic leaders, police and mayors from surrounding cities in New Jersey participated alongside residents in peaceful protests on Saturday, while members of People's Organization for Progress circulated throughout the crowd, encouraging orderliness, social distancing and handing out water.

Newark is a city that, for decades, has been haunted by simmering racial tensions. The infamous 1967 Newark riots, five days of violent unrest, happened after a black cab driver was arrested for a minor traffic violation and badly beaten by two white officers.

Thousands of residents took to the streets, protesting police brutality. The situation quickly escalated, leading to looting and destruction -- 26 people died, scores were injured and property damaged totaled tens of millions of dollars.

"This city went up in flames, and we are still trying to recover from that 50 years later," Newark Mayor Ras Baraka said during a speech to about 3,500 protesters. "My father was beat in the head in the rebellion in 1967. This story is not just a history lesson for me, it is very personal for my family in this community because we were injured in this rebellion."

Lawrence Hamm, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and longtime civil rights activist, and the chairman of the People's Organization for Progress, which organized the event in Newark, credits the relative peacefulness of the protests in Newark to the demonstrators themselves.

"I don't know if 'peaceful' is really the right word," he told ABC News. "People say 'peaceful protest,' but a protest is a disturbance of the peace."

"If I had to boil it down to one factor," Hamm added, "I would say that one of the reasons that the protest has not been destructive is because people want to keep the narrative about the protest, on the issues of justice."

When Hamm spoke to the crowd on Saturday, he pointedly asked, "What do we want the narrative to be tomorrow, about what we did today? ... We are here to march and protest the death of George Floyd. If you're here to do something different, you're not with us."

The death of Floyd incited tremendous anger because "people saw his death in real time. It was almost as if it was a public execution," Hamm explained. "People are outraged. People should be outraged. But we should let outrage move us to action for justice. And that is what we are trying to do in New Jersey."
The one example you gave of a federal level democrat is Hamm. And again, exactly what I said. New Jersey is still almost completely locked down and June 15 is the day that they will start opening up some of the things still closed. So they are still under stay at home order. Hamm announced early on in the lockdown that his organization was indefinitely suspending their weekly "Justice Monday" rallies. This was in compliance with the stay at home order. But wait....as you yourself pointed out, Hamm took part in a demonstration--in fact, his organization put the event on--during an existing lockdown order in the state. He not only organized it, he participated in it. So, he fully supported telling all NJ residents they had to stay at home....until it was time to protest George Floyd's death---while still on lockdown---you get the point yet? Double standard. Why the changing stance? Was COVID-19 no longer a concern? It still is...as evidenced by the fact that NJ is still under lockdown. So why the double standard? You cannot protest stay at home--which, as it turns out, happens to be unconstitutional....but you can protest when police kill a black man during that same lockdown? Sorry, but you just proved my point for me. Thanks.