Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I got one too!!! But this is strange...

I had the final meet & confer call this week. Now it's on to compel discovery. But during the call, the lawyer told me that their client would be open to settling....and offered two options. First, they could do a cash for keys. Second, they offered a permanent fixed loan mod--that we would automatically be given without the need to apply or qualify for.....

Now that's a bit strange....because this company does not offer such permanent fixed mods. They certainly don't offer such mods without the need to be approved first. Combine this with the fact that they suddenly stopped all property inspections about 7 months ago, and a strange picture results. Something's up....not quite sure what it is yet but something is different.

It didn't happen to me-it happened to a friend. The judge also basically laid out a map of how she was going to Rule on Motions that haven't even been filed yet. Corruption at its finest.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
After they realized they could not foreclose on me easily, I was offered loan mods 15 times. Even at trial the judge encouraged me to agree to a loan mod and even said that my equity would be reduced if the suit carried on for a long period due to attys' fees. I told them I would give them back the house if they could prove they 're entitled to it and I did not want a mod from a debt collector because they did not own the loan I knew their schemes.
Anyway, still waiting for the corrected transcript to be filed with the appellate clerk so I file my brief. I have a feeling somebody wants to delay my case. I want expose their scam to the Appellate Court then if I lose, file a petition exposing their scheme to the State Supreme Court, then the Federal Court.

Reactions: just_me

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2012
It didn't happen to me-it happened to a friend. The judge also basically laid out a map of how she was going to Rule on Motions that haven't even been filed yet. Corruption at its finest.
I feel for your friend. Sounds like the corruption is strong in NJ. Hopefully they are a strong fighter and never backs down from these debt collection criminals.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I feel for your friend. Sounds like the corruption is strong in NJ. Hopefully they are a strong fighter and never backs down from these debt collection criminals.
LOL you just reminded me of an older petition I started on MoveOn-Corruption in the NJ Judiciary.
;)

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
I wish the Blessing of a good night's sleep to everyone tonite, on bagels. God knows we all need it. God knows I need it. The gov't will "bring it tomorrow" against wanda & wanda definitely need some sleep.

Reactions: OneHugeMess

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Greentree/Ditech is going to merge with Ocwen/PHH. One already terrible servicer, to merge with a even worse. All I can think is - where was the consumer input?

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Maybe Ocwen wants to learn how to do a bankruptcy proceeding. Ditech is in it own bk . I got a letter from the bk court since Ditech is another one of my debt-collectors.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
No, I was talking about getting a recent loan mod offer.....lol

kellyaw

LoanSafe Member
Mar 17, 2013
Greentree/Ditech is going to merge with Ocwen/PHH. One already terrible servicer, to merge with a even worse. All I can think is - where was the consumer input?
Just read that the judge did not approve the sale to Ocwen/PHH. Apparently all consumer complaints have to be addressed before a sale can take place. Saw it on Bloomberg.com

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
I've been staring down the barrel of a foreclosure sale scheduled now in less than a week. Can't remember how many times I've had to submit to this mock execution, wondering all the while, "is this the time they get too reckless and greedy?"

Way back when this thread started Freedomwon and me and a handful of others were doing this on a monthly basis. Every month a week before the scheduled sale we'd send the trustee/alleged beneficiary the letter we'd been working on telling them why they couldn't legally foreclose and just about every time sure enough the sale would get canceled till the next month. Scary as it was it had this high adrenalin boisterousness about it, we were freedom fighters standing up to corporate imperialism.

But living with white knuckles wears you out and even worse the thing that made us so excited, almost giddy at first, this remarkably powerful thing called the law that we were all learning together, well it turned out it was rather different from the legal system that arbitrarily interprets the law any way it likes.

So rather than sweat it out I'm getting all lawyered up again and going ex parte for TRO.

Reactions: just_me

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
@isisis I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn’t let me. Let me know if you still need my help getting information about the trust.

Question for you though - do you have a bankruptcy attorney on retainer, if you have to do a emergency filing? I think that may be valuable, if all else fails.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
Just read that the judge did not approve the sale to Ocwen/PHH. Apparently all consumer complaints have to be addressed before a sale can take place. Saw it on Bloomberg.com
Honestly, that’s some of the best news I’ve heard in weeks.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Now that's a bit strange....because this company does not offer such permanent fixed mods. They certainly don't offer such mods without the need to be approved first. Combine this with the fact that they suddenly stopped all property inspections about 7 months ago, and a strange picture results. Something's up....not quite sure what it is yet but something is different.
I think they are ALL doing same thing. Maybe WF is master servicer and providing guidance? Mine also was NOT based on any affirmative request or financial submissions. They pretty much made an offer of all the past due (including enlarged fees) as new principal, yes fixed to current rate. It's a take it or leave it "negotiation.' I'm assuming I will get "cash for keys" offer next. So, guessing 30-60 days on wrap up to see if you will leave under conditions strong arm tactics. Then from there, "we complied" and that's that. Moving forward to MSJ. No options to delay a sale date by requesting Loss Mit, because they just complied with that pesky rule. It appears they are moving MSJ to future holiday time. Deja vu. Wouldn't it be lovely to face an eviction notice at Christmas time? These FC mills are sadistic and coercive.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
Preliminary Decision? Am I gonna get one of those too? Hmmm.

just_me

LoanSafe Member
Sep 14, 2015
'Mock execution' is such an appropriate phrase.

Also, did not find PHH sale was suspended. That might be old news. Bummer. What I did find reported is that PHH's leadership is replacing Ocwen leadership. B'bye Ferris. This will get worse given PHH predatory history. The mod offer I got was from the mill's alleged "client." Who knows who that actually is.

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
Mar 2, 2012
I think they are ALL doing same thing. Maybe WF is master servicer and providing guidance? Mine also was NOT based on any affirmative request or financial submissions. They pretty much made an offer of all the past due (including enlarged fees) as new principal, yes fixed to current rate. It's a take it or leave it "negotiation.' I'm assuming I will get "cash for keys" offer next. So, guessing 30-60 days on wrap up to see if you will leave under conditions strong arm tactics. Then from there, "we complied" and that's that. Moving forward to MSJ. No options to delay a sale date by requesting Loss Mit, because they just complied with that pesky rule. It appears they are moving MSJ to future holiday time. Deja vu. Wouldn't it be lovely to face an eviction notice at Christmas time? These FC mills are sadistic and coercive.
The Moneychangers despise CHRISTmas.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
One last option.... is a Chapter 7 or 13 Bankruptcy. You can get at least 3-Months or more if planned right. Depending on your state, you could actually get some of the arranges wiped out, or reduced. Potentially get offered a more beneficial modification. It would also potentially give you time to try to file a new appeal or another strategy.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Have you done a request for production yet? It’s not too late to file a motion for continuance buy more time for discovery. If you do it right, you have a long way to go. I am in my fourth year of the case. My case could last 7 years, or longer. Bk is the last resort. Save the bomb use the bullets first.