Bagels at a Bar Mitzvah

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ

I need to hide this link in plain site, just in case HUD tries to make it disappear. It doesn't apply to any of you but I want to make sure I know where to find it, should HUD try & take it down.
:)

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ

Everyone needs to go to this website to see if you qualify.

I just want to keep posting this link, after all, the $125 is better off in our pockets then Equifax's.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
Found another case where the homeowner prevails pro se. This lady got a judicial foreclosure from Bank of New York as successor trustee of a Countrywide loan. She used a legal service for advice at $400/month since 2015. She also used a lot of subpoena duces tecum in discovery, got the judge to dismiss with prejudice.

kraftykrab

LoanSafe Member
Jan 27, 2014
So this happened.....

I fired off discovery requests. The RCP here allows them 30 days to respond. Of course, they did not. So, I sent an email requesting an update on when said responses should be expected. Again, no response. Next step is one final attempt as required by law, and then it's on to compelling their answers.

I don't believe they want to have to answer those requests. So, I'm expecting that they will do their best to ignore the requests. Within the next week or so, I will know if I will be forced to compel or not. We'll see what happens...

Reactions: isisis and just_me

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
So this happened.....

I fired off discovery requests. The RCP here allows them 30 days to respond. Of course, they did not. So, I sent an email requesting an update on when said responses should be expected. Again, no response. Next step is one final attempt as required by law, and then it's on to compelling their answers.

I don't believe they want to have to answer those requests. So, I'm expecting that they will do their best to ignore the requests. Within the next week or so, I will know if I will be forced to compel or not. We'll see what happens...
My dear friend it has been such a long, incredible journey. Wait, let me emphasize long...
:)

Love to you & yours.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
Thanks. Of course we qualified. Sent in for our $125. For each of us !!!

Not that it's any big surprise to any of us, but it seems that once again we are a part of a "toothless" settlement and we will end up with nothing...
I haven't watched the news today, but my hubby called me with the "blow by blow". Seems the gov't is sucking up the majority of the "settlement" and we may all end up with $2 checks.

I'm sorry. Everything everyone's said about me all these long years is true. I'm so friggin naive.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
More Trouble,

What BNYM Countrywide case was that? Like to read it.

Still wish I could figure out how all you guys learned to navigate the bells and whistles of civil procedure. Maybe I just got too caught up in the doctrines and decisions and the reasoning behind them. They at least correspond, however roughly, to thought in general but the arbitrary nature of procedural rules makes my brain flatline.

You know most people find the law to be exceedingly boring, only worth studying if you're anticipating using it to make big bucks. In our cases it took on life because it very directly affected our lives and to our amazement it could be manipulated even by a layperson (manipulated in its broader definition not in a Machiavellian sense).

Anyway, yeah I went to the settlement site and sure enough I was "qualified". But I didn't see where they were offering the princely sum of $125. It looked to me like you'd need to go to great lengths to prove you were entitled to anything.

Ok, I found it as well as the fact it may be considerably less.

"alternative compensation of up to $125 likely will be substantially lowered and will be distributed on a proportional basis if the settlement becomes final. Depending on the number of additional valid claims filed, the amount you receive may be a small percentage of your initial claim."

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Jun 22, 2010
North bay
I think the Note is where everyone should concentrate. java & I had a discussion tonite about challenging Assignments. Rarely works, but YOU were a party to the NOTE. So they can't throw that BS about you not being a party to the endorsement.

You may not have been a party to the Assignment of Mtg (which I think is personally BS), but Oh My Lord, you were a party to the Note. The most important party there was, actually. Your promise to pay. You promised to pay one party, and then the "musical chairs" started....

Think about it.
But the note was also assigned (though not in the same way as the assignment of a mortgage) and you weren't a party to that assignment. The note can change hands (can be transferred) and unless that took place without negotiation it can't be challenged - unless it's not the original note.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
More Trouble,

Still wish I could figure out how all you guys learned to navigate the bells and whistles of civil procedure. Maybe I just got too caught up in the doctrines and decisions and the reasoning behind them. They at least correspond, however roughly, to thought in general but the arbitrary nature of procedural rules makes my brain flatline.

You know most people find the law to be exceedingly boring, only worth studying if you're anticipating using it to make big bucks. In our cases it took on life because it very directly affected our lives and to our amazement it could be manipulated even by a layperson (manipulated in its broader definition not in a Machiavellian sense).

Anyway, yeah I went to the settlement site and sure enough I was "qualified". But I didn't see where they were offering the princely sum of $125. It looked to me like you'd need to go to great lengths to prove you were entitled to anything.

"alternative compensation of up to $125 likely will be substantially lowered and will be distributed on a proportional basis if the settlement becomes final. Depending on the number of additional valid claims filed, the amount you receive may be a small percentage of your initial claim."

They changed the website, isisis. On day one it was a sum certain of $125.

Is it me or does everyone here feel this way? It reminds me of the Independent Foreclosure Review and the National Mortgage Servicing Settlement.

Somebody please tell me where I CAN SEND A CHECK to make this all stop!

Reactions: just_me

Elle

LoanSafe Member
Aug 16, 2016
I wrote this on their pathetic claims site: (I live in California).​
Equifax has admitted (on their claim's website) that my personal information and records have been breached. (Their Quote): "Based on the information you​
provided, our records indicate your personal information was impacted by this incident" I am requesting a one time payment of $750.00 for that​
breach.​
See below: (This law goes into affect on January 1, 2020 and Equifax' final Judgment will be after that date).​
Pending Data Breach Legislation in California:​
California Governor Jerry Brown signed AB-375 in​
June 2018. It is slated to go into effect on January 1,​
2020. For breaches, consumers will be able to sue​
up to $750 for each violation according to section​
1798.150 of the bill.​
I am asking for $750.00 for the breach of my personal information and no further action will be taken against Equifax.​
I love their word "impacted". :rolleyes:

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
More Trouble,

Bank of New York Mellon v. Lane Case No 18CV08551. All the rules and statutes are on the internet, just have to look. When I started I knew nothing. I did not know what ORCP (Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure) or UTCR (Uniform Trial Court Rules) were. That's why at trial they thought they (including the judge) could bully me and take my house but I learn fast. Ready to file my appellate brief. My case is assigned to a new judge now. A Yale graduate, hopefully I have a fair trail instead of one from lowly ranked law school.

OneHugeMess

LoanSafe Member
May 30, 2016
"I understand that the Lender may transfer this Note. The Lender or anyone who takes this Note by transfer and who is entitled to receive payments under this Note is called the “Note Holder.” "

Wouldn't this language in the note, we signed, making the debt and promise to pay, transferable?

Attachments

Elle

LoanSafe Member
Aug 16, 2016
"I understand that the Lender may transfer this Note. The Lender or anyone who takes this Note by transfer and who is entitled to receive payments under this Note is called the “Note Holder.” "

Wouldn't this language in the note, we signed, making the debt and promise to pay, transferable?
If it is indeed transferable, the question is to Whom? It should be the party entitled to receive payments under this Note - the "Note Holder". The loan servicers are not entitled to receive payments, but are contracted to just collect them. Entitlement and collecting are two different terms. Hey, we didn't write the Note, so onus is on them. It's not their entitlement. However, in most foreclosure cases it seems the servicer usually brings the lawsuit as a "holder" for an unknown party and if one does not defend, the other side usually wins. By questioning holder status in order to defend your home, and a Court/Judge actually "gets it" and enforces the written wording on the note, you may win the day. Good Luck to all of us.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
If it is indeed transferable, the question is to Whom? It should be the party entitled to receive payments under this Note - the "Note Holder". The loan servicers are not entitled to receive payments, but are contracted to just collect them. Entitlement and collecting are two different terms. Hey, we didn't write the Note, so onus is on them. It's not their entitlement. However, in most foreclosure cases it seems the servicer usually brings the lawsuit as a "holder" for an unknown party and if one does not defend, the other side usually wins. By questioning holder status in order to defend your home, and a Court/Judge actually "gets it" and enforces the written wording on the note, you may win the day. Good Luck to all of us.

Elle, my former Jersey Girl, you may want to watch parts of the HUD video I posted. Especially 34.21 & on. It's comical to hear HUD admit it sells assets they don't own. "We insure these loans , we don't actually own them".

Can you say "I have proof in video form" from the very agency I am suing? LMAO.

Love you, girlfriend!

Elle

LoanSafe Member
Aug 16, 2016
Elle, my former Jersey Girl, you may want to watch parts of the HUD video I posted. Especially 34.21 & on. It's comical to hear HUD admit it sells assets they don't own. "We insure these loans , we don't actually own them".

Can you say "I have proof in video form" from the very agency I am suing? LMAO.

Love you, girlfriend!
What a bunch of smoke and mirrors. 1:18:30 in. "We're selling the house, not so much the note" HUH? What happened to the mortgage follows the note mantra. The note is still out there - regarding HECM loans aka reverse mortgages. My boyfriend has his mother's reverse mortgage paperwork where her HECM note was assigned to HUD with none other than Linda Green phony sig for Wells Fargo. HUD doesn't own these notes legally, but act like they do. Also, my boyfriend was awarded a default judgment for $17,400+ against HUD's loan servicer, Novad Mgt. LLC. (they never answered his Complaint). But just try and get the money out of them. He hired an attorney to try to get that debt collected. Good Luck with that.

wanda robo

LoanSafe Member
Sep 29, 2012
NJ
What a bunch of smoke and mirrors. 1:18:30 in. "We're selling the house, not so much the note" HUH? What happened to the mortgage follows the note mantra. The note is still out there - regarding HECM loans aka reverse mortgages. My boyfriend has his mother's reverse mortgage paperwork where her HECM note was assigned to HUD with none other than Linda Green phony sig for Wells Fargo. HUD doesn't own these notes legally, but act like they do. Also, my boyfriend was awarded a default judgment for $17,400+ against HUD's loan servicer, Novad Mgt. LLC. (they never answered his Complaint). But just try and get the money out of them. He hired an attorney to try to get that debt collected. Good Luck with that.

Oh yeah you gotta love Novad. I have another webinar where they were involved. Dude named Jelani House-now he has his own company "House Strategy Group". Yep, how to steal houses 101.

Reactions: Elle

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Nov 14, 2009
I have a new judge and a new foreclosure mill’s attorney. The old guy must have been fired to failing to steal the house after 40k of legal fees.:):)