Bagels at a Bar mitzvah Part II

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I am waiting for the denial order to file another appeal in the state court. Ruling it's OK to use fake documents and false testimony to take over people's house for profit if the fraud NOT discovered within 30 days of certain erroneous judgment is nonsense. It's against the statuses and case law. Surely, Statuses and case law take precedence over court rules.

Standard Order of Authorities - As Per Bluebook Rule 1.4

State (alphabetically by state)

• Statutes in current codification (by codification order)
  • Statutes currently in force but not in current codification (cite most recently enacted first and continue towards the earliest).
  • Rules of evidence and procedure

BK court, appellate court, Federal court, we have options.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
Neatly sandwiched between the previous scheduled sale and the upcoming one, at mediation the defendants are likely to offer to modify. Despite the fact that I stated a claim for breach and my performance was suspended by their failure to perform, they'll claim the loan amount includes 162 months of high interest payments and default related charges. This inflated amount with amortized interest at x% the total payments will be well over twice what it would have been and they will become several hundred thousand dollars richer at my expense. And I will not be compensated for the financial injury suffered due to their misconduct.

That's called benefiting from your own wrongdoing and it's what they'll be trying to sell me at mediation. In essence they are saying either agree to pay twice what you owe or we will hurt you and take your home. And amazingly my attorney and the mediator will be joining in on the chorus saying what a great deal it is; they will marvel at my good fortune! It's like being in some strange Kafkaesque universe.

However, there are some problems with their strategy. The offer would constitute a refusal to cure and a refusal to perform resulting in a failure of consideration and no enforceable security interest. It would also be a repudiation discharging my performance.

But let's not forget those are contract law "technicalities" and servicers enjoy legal immunity.

If I were to accept their offer other problems could arise. As they would be trying to retain an unearned benefit to my detriment and then earn interest on it, that would be unjust enrichment and I would be entitled to restitution. The contract would also be unlawful as a FDCPA prohibits adding amounts not authorized by the contract to the balance. It would be a contract entered into under duress and given the sandwiched scheduled sales perhaps even under extortion. So the enforceability of the contract and their legal authority foreclose would become very questionable at best.

The question is do I let on and use these various problems as bargaining chips or do I go along with it? The advantage of the latter is the sale is cancelled and in return they have an unenforceable contract. The downside is the aforementioned legal immunity.

Regarding the mediator and my attorney's odd behavior, I know this will happened based on two previous events. With the mediator, that just his job, talk them into going along with the offer. As for my attorney, it's a puzzle....

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I received the order (drafted by the opposing atty) denying my motion for new trial and challenge, to be signed by the judge sometime next week. Here we go again, I will file an appeal within the time allowed. If they don't cancel the sale before the sale date, I will file a chapter 13 to stop the sale. Attacking on two fronts.

Elle

LoanSafe Member
Just to let you all know. I'm still here. Nice to know the fight continues for you all. Last payment: May 2009. Foreclosure case filed by B of A: 2013. Represnting myself as Pro Se, Plaintiff's, MSJ denied (without prejudice) to the flavor of the month Plaintiff in April 2018. During the MSJ hearing, I asked the Judge to ask Plaintiff's Attorney why he removed the Allonge from the Note. He said it was superfluous. Hmmm.... However, the MSJ decision was decided in my favor due to the "Declarant" for the loan servicer (Fay Servicing) not being able to verify the business records of Bank of America. In 2019, flavor of the month Plaintiff came back for another bite of the apple with an Amended Complaint. How this is even legal, is beyond my comprehension. How the statue of limitations does not apply in these cases is, yet again, beyond my comprehension. I hired an attorney to take my case. I am burnt out, but not out of money to fight. However, that attorney was disbarred. He was winning too many cases for homeowners and that does not bode well in the Bankster arena, especially when the Banksters can either dig up skeleton's in a closet of an Attorney that is winning cases for homeowners, Gary Dubin from Hawaii or an Attorney representing homeowners that gets a little to greedy. Mark Stopa from Florida?
In any event, the fight is still on and lucky I live Hawaii. Fight on, my Bagel friends!

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Good to hear from you, Elle. I begin to think we can not win because of two reasons: 1) Jealousy: Why should I rule that's acceptable for you to not paying for 14 years and not still paying while I am paying my own mortgage; 2) Threat to current financial system: if we were successful and one of our cases becomes case law, thousands of others would do the same thing, what about all the people who have been wrongly foreclosed.. big problem!!! We can still delay them by making it costly for them (legal fees and potential loss on market cap).
Talked to a couple of BK attorneys, they are all against me filing contested chapter 13, they want a cookie-cutter case: you file , set up a plan to pay all the arrearage. Looks like have to do it myself again... Good thing I have time (retired) and love fighting the crooks.:)

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
I have a few thoughts here,
First off, in a court of law, when your opponent argues "technicality" you argue "merits." And vice versa, when opponent argues facts, you argue technicality. So MoT, that judge shoulda woulda coulda have given you what you asked for. However, in these cases, if you don't provide a proposed order the Judge will do what's easy and sign the order presented by your opponent. I learned that lesson over the years by others. I'm sure you are aware but a reminder. Judges rarely refuse a "merits" argument in favor of technical error and have the power to act as they choose.
Also, when it comes to servicing bad acts, they are an agent of the lender and the lender is liable for these bad acts of their employees or agents, even the trust company hired to foreclose for them anonomously. (immunity is bullshit - that only goes to filing in good faith not servicing act)In certain states with Deed of Trust and forclosure by notice, that obviously is a different animal... But I see no way that this can not be argued per reinstatement of contracts or reinstatement of tort law among other things. Breach of contract (by either servicer of anon lender) is not immunized and faultless of liability. If you put the argument in you have preserved it for appeal.
Happy for updates and no, not forgotten. Flavor of the month. lol Good one... Also, yeah understand the prying eyes trying to gain competitive intelligence. And par course, I have pissed off opposing counsel cause I have a point to make that quashes their arguments.
Peace out ya'll.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Attorneys I have dealt with in case : S.B., N. S., J. L., A. B., R. D., now on my 6th G. C.
From Google:
MREITs are a relatively small portion of the overall REIT market, making up just 6% of the asset class with $67 billion in total market cap. There is the threat: 67 billions.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
I thought this was an interesting case from 2015 in NJ where "federal law does not preclude State law claims" regarding HAMP. In other words, a breach of contract is a breach of contract. The old lender argument of not being a party fails. One could even go so far as to identify fraudulent misrepresentation where a homeowner paid without benefit of the promised modification and subsequent foreclosure. This case is nearly a road map for certain arguments.

isisis

LoanSafe Member
1983 cases involve a party that can be called a "state actor". Numerous courts have ruled that attorneys can fall into that category, but not always. Generally, you must show 1) that your Constitutional rights were violated, and 2) that the violating party acted under color of state law---but--

" A private party is considered a state actor if the alleged deprivation was "caused by the exercise of some right or privilege created by the state or by a rule of conduct imposed by the state or by a person for whom the tate is responsible." Id. at 937. A state's "[m]ere approval of or acquiescence in the initiatives of a private party" does not amount to state action." Blum v. Yaretsky, 457 U.S. 991, 1004 (1982). Sabri v. Whittier Alliance, (8th Cir. 2016).
Krafty,

I don't have the competence necessary to bring a civil action under 1983. Way to vague with contradicting decisions on both sides - are they acting under the color of law, was it a legally protected right? That's why I enjoy the absence of ambiguity in contract law.

As we've all discovered, judges are contrary creatures likely to jump to their own conclusions even in the presence of well-settled law. An effort of persuasion on my part relying on reasoning and logic in an ambiguous area of the law would be precarious at best. More likely I'd be lunch.

My interest is in filing a complaints under18 USC § 242 at the state and the federal level.
California Supreme Court has ruled foreclosure is solely a matter of contract and the state merely regulates procedure. The argument there is that a contract is a legally enforceable agreement so the two aren't really separable (nice try, Pontius Pilate). A bank can't foreclose without the state backing them. If the banks use the semblance of legal authority to harm consumers and the state let's that happen then the state should incure liability.

What I like about civil rights law so far is it seems like a good fit for wrongful foreclosure since this issue is the deprivation of property when the wrongdoer has no right to the property. And what I like about for non-judicial is that civil rights law appears to incorporate the protection of constitutional rights including the 8th amendment's protection from cruel and unusual treatment.

My admittedly meager understanding is that civil rights law (242) extends the right of protection from mistreatment by government entities to anyone acting under the color of law.

It's personally objectionable that the defendants feel entitled to use terrorist style methods to unlawfully deprive me of property but it's objectionable in general and it should be. What kind of banana republic would place in the hands of debt collectors (?!) the unbridled use of so formidable a means of persuasion? How did this human rights violation slip past?

The knee-jerk response is that the trustee sale is an integral part of non judicial mortgage loan agreement but there is an important distinction. A foreclosure sale is not intended to be a mechanism in debt collection.

To place it in perspective:

It's lawful in some states to put a prisoner to death by lethal injection, but it's not lawful to repeatedly threaten a prisoner with lethal injection going so far as to strap them down and put a needle in their arm before calling it off in an effort to extract money or property from them. That would be considered
torture or cruel and unusual treatment. Then using that fear as a means to an unlawful end would be extortion. The servicer's purported contractual right to the collateral doesn't extend to immunity to criminal conduct or at least it shouldn't.

This is a issue that should be
brought to the attention of the Justice Department. The visceral nature of it might override any color of law ambiguity..Considering that repeated phone calls are now regulated, something needs to be done to protect consumers from this foolishness. In the unlikely event my complaint catches the attention of some bored bureaucrat/investigator it might make my servicer uncomfortable...

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Here's something interesting...

I get to cite case law from a Dirt Bank case ... against ... Dirt Bank

That's what happens when you go so long dragging out your cases fishing for a default win some 10 or more years later. Case law works in my favor too. Your own losses get cited against you!

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
Hot off the press.
Important point:

" finding that Plaintiffs neither (1) suffered a concrete and particularized injury in fact, fairly traceable to the challenged actions of U.S. Bank and likely redressable by a favorable judicial decision, "

The certificate holder reports show no LOSS.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Exactly. Most states do adopt the federal "Lujuan test" for standing MT, requiring an injury in fact fairly traceable to defendants actions AND which can be addressed by the court. Also... what about bottom feeding, whores in suits shysters? Check your mail skies.

Survivor_IN

LoanSafe Member
Also, it does look like this argument is based on issue preclusion. Typically these are referring to prior cases resolving prior issues. Sorta like collateral estopple where the same issue can't be brought twice after being addressed by the judge on the merits. Hmmm
Hot off the press.
Important point:

" finding that Plaintiffs neither (1) suffered a concrete and particularized injury in fact, fairly traceable to the challenged actions of U.S. Bank and likely redressable by a favorable judicial decision, "

The certificate holder reports show no LOSS.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
The judge signed the denial order dated 8/31, I have 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal. It was a brilliant move to file for the Motion for New Trail, opening brief will be due 49 days after the transcript settled ( maybe 6 to 10 months from now), then a few months for the Court of Appeals to decide, motion to reconsider, ...I don't expect these corrupt judges uphold the law but I can delay the steal for at least two years (and counting)...

isisis

LoanSafe Member
The judge signed the denial order dated 8/31, I have 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal. It was a brilliant move to file for the Motion for New Trail, opening brief will be due 49 days after the transcript settled ( maybe 6 to 10 months from now), then a few months for the Court of Appeals to decide, motion to reconsider, ...I don't expect these corrupt judges uphold the law but I can delay the steal for at least two years (and counting)...
Dude, you're brilliant! Now why didn't I spend this time studying procedure instead of acting on the mistaken belief that legal theory was the nuts and bolts of justice? All that time I spent on Corbin and Farnsworth when I should have been studying the tricks of the trade.

moretrouble

LoanSafe Member
I think a better strategy is to focus on "wrongful foreclosure" issue instead of trying to contest/or overturn the judgment. In my case, with punitive damage claim maybe worth more than the house. Just a thought, something to do research on.