Away we go from the Valley Joe...to walk or not to walk...yet.

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Question for TomEason:

Hey, Tom....with the house being listed for opening bid at 40k, and with 315k in remaining mortgage, what is the possibility that it'll sell to some investor instead of reverting back to the bank?

Any idea? I'm just thinking dealing with bank would be better than some investor who says; Hey, Pejutah, we went you OUT of the HOUSE by Friday November 16th. Move. Now.

MargaretC

LoanSafe Member
Jan 4, 2010
Bay Area, California
Well, Damn, Ready2Run......

Yesterday, there was NO bid price on my house...

This morning....there is. And get this, gentle Loansafe compadres....my 400k house? Opening bid??? 40 friggin' thousand dollars.

So...there is a quite giant amount of stress on this end.

I'm bidding on a house tonight for more than I want to spend IN Vallejo, that is under cancer inducing power lines.....coz well, there are only THREE regular sales in all of east bay/solano that are in my price range that are not in the dregs and violence ridden areas of both....

Soooo...all this long year of HOPE??? Dashed.

All I will end up with, and this is predicated on getting this cancer inducing house, is a larger house in a semi-safer area. NOT closer to work, NOT a cool old house, just a boring rancher built in 78 that has no charm or wit, and indeed, may KILL me in the end.

But the only way out is through....

And I want to kick the teeth in of the rancid Plutocracy that created this whole mess yes that still has the cojones to blame it on their gardener who overbought during the boom.

Wish me luck kids, coz I'm gonna need it.

P:blink:
Pejutah! I can't believe you have an opening bid! (And I can't believe how low it is compared to your purchase price!) I'm actually jealous because I want one so this can finally be over (not to mention the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act concern). We could move, but we don't because, I've finally realized, we really don't want to until we have to. Plus we found out who narced on us to the city about our illegal garage room, our "friendly" neighbors who are apparently two-faced. They also had my husband's car w/ a flat tire towed, but that's a different story.

I wonder how many houses go for the opening bid? I could buy your house for you! Do you want to stay in that house for 40k?

I'm w/ you on the power lines. We live very close to a cell phone tower and since we moved here my husband got diagnosed w/ a rare cancer. Have to wonder..... but on the other hand, multiple young people on our old street have been diagnosed and died of cancer. It ****s.

What exactly is your best-case scenario? Do you want more time? If so, I would send a letter of protest about your (phantom) HAMP app!

A final bit of hope, houses w/ no opening bids do drop off the auction schedule, but so do houses WITH opening bids. I don't know why. Maybe they are people trying to get loan mods....

LOL! You can't say sux on loansafe!

Last edited:

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Who Knows Maggie Mae, who knows.

Pejutah! I can't believe you have an opening bid! (And I can't believe how low it is compared to your purchase price!) I'm actually jealous because I want one so this can finally be over (not to mention the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act concern). We could move, but we don't because, I've finally realized, we really don't want to until we have to. Plus we found out who narced on us to the city about our illegal garage room, our "friendly" neighbors who are apparently two-faced. They also had my husband's car w/ a flat tire towed, but that's a different story.

I wonder how many houses go for the opening bid? I could buy your house for you! Do you want to stay in that house for 40k?

I'm w/ you on the power lines. We live very close to a cell phone tower and since we moved here my husband got diagnosed w/ a rare cancer. Have to wonder..... but on the other hand, multiple young people on our old street have been diagnosed and died of cancer. It ****s.

What exactly is your best-case scenario? Do you want more time? If so, I would send a letter of protest about your (phantom) HAMP app!

A final bit of hope, houses w/ no opening bids do drop off the auction schedule, but so do houses WITH opening bids. I don't know why. Maybe they are people trying to get loan mods....

Yeah, Hey, I know...seems awfully weird. My neighborhood is just the pits, and well, since I don't know how all this auction opening bid stuff goes vs. what it actually goes for or if it's more likely to go to the bank or to the investor, hell...I just can't say.

Best case scenario is WAY more time to look...but that aint' gonna happen. So the next best is to be able to buy a house in a better hood that is larger for less mortgage...whcih would be the power line house...damn. But there are already multiple bids on the place and well, damn...who knows.
If it is supposed to happen it WILL.

I think th 40 k is just for openers. Yeah, I'd STAY for that, but I'd bet the bank has a reserve under which it will not take dollars. For my hood, and based on comps, I'd say that was someplace around 120k...so it COULD be an all cash investor/flipper.

My poor beautiful old house in its nasty 'hood....sigh....

But as boyfriend pointed out tonight...if I can get in to a house, at the beginning of what for all intents and purposes is another friggin' boom, it's better to be on the front than the back end of it money wise.

I'm hoping that there would be far more GHOSTS from the EMF emissions of the power tower, than there would be cancer causing nastiness...

As an Chickasaw/Comanche woman; I can DEAL with ghosts...I cannot however, after having been so ill a couple years ago, deal with the losing of my breasts, my hair or my uterus.

Who the heck knows what will happen....Maybe I'm being irrational and paranoid and evil illnesses are visited on folks no matter what or where and it's all random and a huge awful thing. I'm so sorry about your husband's illness Margaret....life is so not fair for so many. I hope he is better..or stable. And that your good heart is and his is, better.

We will get through this. Gotta. And yes...don't want to move before I have to...which will be sooner than later, it would appear.

And yes...it does ****.

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Question....and UPDATE.

Well, gentle loansafers, Pejutah is in Escrow!!!! :nuts:She is not sure how she feels about it all, (so not sure she must refer to herself in third person....) and because in the end, she was unable to leave the dreaded town of Vallejo or get closer to work or find a cool old home. In the end, she will be (assuming insepections/appraisals come in favorably) still living in Vallejo, (albeit in a safer neighborhood) in a boring 70s ranch house under power lines, about 10 minutes FARTHER from work.

But she will gain a lower and very fixed mortgage at a better interest rate and nearly double the house size of the current lovely old home. She will have a safer 'hood with a lot less foot traffic of a nasty kind, she will not live by the freeway, she will have still wood floors (put in, not original) a fireplace, and some place for an art studio, and some dirt to grow a new wicked garden this coming summer. And hopefully not an evil cancer from the power lines overhead and nearby gianormous tower.

All this predicated on appraisals and inspections...

I'm happy but I'm sad. How is this possible?? I feel very fortunate and good that I'll be paying less for mortgage than I EVER would for a house for RENT here and now....but I will so miss my old house.... Keep telling myself it'll all be O.K. But part of me wants to NEVER drive down this street again and never know what becomes of my place here....ever.

So now, for the question....

My auction is this week. We won't be through escrow till mid-December. I've checked the recontrust site and it sure seems that most of the houses that had opening bids below 80k, like mine, did NOT go back to the beneficiary but to a third party. So this worries me that A. there will be no cash for keys, but more importantly, B. I will have to move out before escrow is closed on this house.

Realistically, what can I expect, if anyone knows, in both scenarios... I figure if it goes back to the bank I can negotiate a bit, but if it goes to a third party they may say GET OUT and be GONE like oh, NOW.

And that'd ****.

Any ideas???

MargaretC

LoanSafe Member
Jan 4, 2010
Bay Area, California
Well, gentle loansafers, Pejutah is in Escrow!!!! :nuts:She is not sure how she feels about it all, (so not sure she must refer to herself in third person....) and because in the end, she was unable to leave the dreaded town of Vallejo or get closer to work or find a cool old home. In the end, she will be (assuming insepections/appraisals come in favorably) still living in Vallejo, (albeit in a safer neighborhood) in a boring 70s ranch house under power lines, about 10 minutes FARTHER from work.

But she will gain a lower and very fixed mortgage at a better interest rate and nearly double the house size of the current lovely old home. She will have a safer 'hood with a lot less foot traffic of a nasty kind, she will not live by the freeway, she will have still wood floors (put in, not original) a fireplace, and some place for an art studio, and some dirt to grow a new wicked garden this coming summer. And hopefully not an evil cancer from the power lines overhead and nearby gianormous tower.

All this predicated on appraisals and inspections...

I'm happy but I'm sad. How is this possible?? I feel very fortunate and good that I'll be paying less for mortgage than I EVER would for a house for RENT here and now....but I will so miss my old house.... Keep telling myself it'll all be O.K. But part of me wants to NEVER drive down this street again and never know what becomes of my place here....ever.

So now, for the question....

My auction is this week. We won't be through escrow till mid-December. I've checked the recontrust site and it sure seems that most of the houses that had opening bids below 80k, like mine, did NOT go back to the beneficiary but to a third party. So this worries me that A. there will be no cash for keys, but more importantly, B. I will have to move out before escrow is closed on this house.

Realistically, what can I expect, if anyone knows, in both scenarios... I figure if it goes back to the bank I can negotiate a bit, but if it goes to a third party they may say GET OUT and be GONE like oh, NOW.

And that'd ****.

Any ideas???
Congratulations! I'm sure that boring 70's rancher won't be boring for long!

I don't have any helpful info but I'm thinking you can stall until you can move into new house. Either you can negotiate w/ bank, maybe rent back or rent from new owners, or like Tom suggested, and I can't remember exactly what he said and can't view it right now, force them to go eviction route. I think the idea is you would get out before an eviction actually occurs, but it would buy you some time. I wouldn't think it would be worth it for someone to start eviction proceedings when you may be able to move out in December.

You will miss your old house, you will mourn, it's a process but you will come through it and will move on.

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Hi Pejutah

Congratulations on being in contract! First of all, allow me to put your mind at rest about the risk of living very close to power lines. FYI, you needn't worry about power lines causing any health problems. It has been proven via double blind published scientific studies (more than one) that there's absolutely no (cancer) risk in living in very close proximity to power lines. However the story's still out on the risk to individuals who frequently use cell phones. The difference? The cell phone is held up against one's ear (and brain); the resulting exposure to (electromagnetic) radio waves is much more intense. Secondly, if it were me, I wouldn't be overly concerned about the timing of your trustee sale vs. the close of escrow of your new purchase. The new owner is granted legal title via a trustee's deed, but isn't granted legal possession of the premises. That must be gained by one of several means. The most likely are these: 1) The new owner makes a settlement offer, likely including an incentive for your voluntary vacating. This can be called C4K and it can be offered not only by the bank, but also by a 3rd party bid winner (like an investor or home purchaser). 2) Failing a settlement, the new owner would likely be forced to institute eviction proceedings. A savvy occupant can easily delay eviction for several months through legal ploys. Once the new owner realizes how much time and $$ the unlawful detainer action is costing him, the owner will likely offer a more favorable settlement. Good luck with your escrow. Personally I feel very optimistic about your situation!

freedomwon

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2010
California
Pejutah - I can hear the tone in your post. Part of you is excited to finally be in escrow, but the other part is extremely concerned for your health. Take control of the things you can. Health problems associated with electromagnetic radiation can be minimized if you don't put yourself in harms way. My own personal belief is that owning a home near power lines is just not worth taking the health risks associated with it. Some peoples bodies are especially electromagnetically sensitive. Educate yourself here Living By Power Lines . I would suggest purchasing an EMF meter or see if the house inspector has one & is willing to take measurements at different times of the day inside different rooms of the home as well as outside. THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER. Once you have empowered yourself with a variety of readings inside & out, you can then make an informed intelligent decision if living in this home is going to work for you.

I know how badly you want to own a home again & last thing you want to do is rent. But please, I urge you to not put your health at risk. People, relationships & quality of life you just can't put a price tag on.

MargaretC - I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I know this adds to your challenges right now. I was researching alternative things to reduce inflamation & help with nerve pain & stumbled across this that applies to cancer cells. Cayenne pepper is a potent herb that is part of the Capsicum vegetable family. It can be consumed in powdered form, extracts and tablets. Cayenne's fiery heat, along with most of its health benefits, is due to a compound called capsaicin. Evidence indicates that capsaicin not only improves blood circulation, but also combats cancer and obesity. Consult your health care provider before taking any supplements.

[h=2]Kills Cancer Cells[/h]Capsaicin might be effective in killing cancer cells, according to a study led by Dr. Timothy Bates and colleagues from Nottingham University in the United Kingdom. Scientists investigated the effects on capsaicin on lung and pancreatic cancer cells. They discovered that capsaicin binds to proteins within cancer cells and induces cell apoptosis, or cell death. On top of that, researchers also found that capsaicin can kill cancer cells without affecting healthy cells. Although these findings are exciting, further research is needed, according to NaturalNews.com.

What Are The Benefits Of Cayenne Pepper Tablets? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Well cripes....

Pejutah - I can hear the tone in your post. Part of you is excited to finally be in escrow, but the other part is extremely concerned for your health. Take control of the things you can. Health problems associated with electromagnetic radiation can be minimized if you don't put yourself in harms way. My own personal belief is that owning a home near power lines is just not worth taking the health risks associated with it. Some peoples bodies are especially electromagnetically sensitive. Educate yourself here Living By Power Lines . I would suggest purchasing an EMF meter or see if the house inspector has one & is willing to take measurements at different times of the day inside different rooms of the home as well as outside. THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER. Once you have empowered yourself with a variety of readings inside & out, you can then make an informed intelligent decision if living in this home is going to work for you.

I know how badly you want to own a home again & last thing you want to do is rent. But please, I urge you to not put your health at risk. People, relationships & quality of life you just can't put a price tag on.

MargaretC - I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I know this adds to your challenges right now. I was researching alternative things to reduce inflamation & help with nerve pain & stumbled across this that applies to cancer cells. Cayenne pepper is a potent herb that is part of the Capsicum vegetable family. It can be consumed in powdered form, extracts and tablets. Cayenne's fiery heat, along with most of its health benefits, is due to a compound called capsaicin. Evidence indicates that capsaicin not only improves blood circulation, but also combats cancer and obesity. Consult your health care provider before taking any supplements.

Kills Cancer Cells

Capsaicin might be effective in killing cancer cells, according to a study led by Dr. Timothy Bates and colleagues from Nottingham University in the United Kingdom. Scientists investigated the effects on capsaicin on lung and pancreatic cancer cells. They discovered that capsaicin binds to proteins within cancer cells and induces cell apoptosis, or cell death. On top of that, researchers also found that capsaicin can kill cancer cells without affecting healthy cells. Although these findings are exciting, further research is needed, according to NaturalNews.com.

What Are The Benefits Of Cayenne Pepper Tablets? | LIVESTRONG.COM

On the one hand I have Tom saying Don't Worry and the other Freedomwon saying SERIOUS and WORRY.

And I have no idea where the actual feeling lies.

Everything I've read says there's no conclusive evidence that power lines emit nastiness. However, there's enough anecdotal evidence to freak me out.

But the reality is that I will be kicked out of my house soon. And I have to have a place to live. And the market is quickly excluding me.

In the end, I feel I have no real choice. This place is the best place I've seen for the right price... I will indeed be gettting and EMF meter, it is on my list. From what I've read, yes, some folks are very sensitive (case in point 'smart meters' from PGE) and others it does not effect. I've got the smart meter,though did not want it. And so far, feel fine.
But that's a different matter from living below a giant godzilla sized power tower.
My friend at Lawrence Berkeley labs says I'm paranoid.

But in the end, again...I have got to have a place to live and soon. This place seems the only one to accept my offer....and time is short.

I guess I can just get the meter and keep tabs. Worst case is I die. Best is I don't an live there for the next 5-8 years and move on to a better place as the market recovers. Truth is that if I don't get in soon, and I know this is bubble speak, I doubt I'll ever get back in here in the bay area.

Sigh....

And thanks to both of you. I am considering both responses...but have no idea what to do about either....:push::blink1:

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Investor.

Some chick knocked on my door yesterday morning. "I'm here with investors taking photographs of the property. I just wanted to let you know who we were so you didn't worry. Are you the owner of the home?"

:-\

I said 'Until later this week, Yes." ANNNNND I should have said: Please get off my property Ipad toting investor realtor lackey.

But instead, I said, " I hope they have deep pockets..." And began to list all the things wrong with the house that will need immediate attention by an investor in order to make the house liveable.

She paddled off. If it happens again this week before the auction, I'm sending them packing.

I hate this part of it. But I'm still hoping that whoever buys this joint would let me hang in for another month. I could be out before winter solstice, but I need at least four more weeks of time here.

Argh. Harsh.

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Hi Pejutah

Thanks for that post. If that happens again, I recommend you not ID yourself and engage in any conversation whatsoever (especially answering questions). Instead, I recommend you speak only to tell them to get off your property and never again return. That's what I recommend when any uninvited guest shows up.

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Thanks for that post. If that happens again, I recommend you not ID yourself and engage in any conversation whatsoever (especially answering questions). Instead, I recommend you speak only to tell them to get off your property and never again return. That's what I recommend when any uninvited guest shows up.
Yeahhhhh I know Tom. Dang it! The minute it happened, I knew I should have said: OFF WITH YOU! But frankly, I was so shocked by this person that I kind of choked. It most certainly will not happen again. I did post my two no trespassing signs this afternoon...not that I think it will deter anyone from prancing about the petunias, but maybe they will think twice. And I will keep the drapes shut this week while I'm at work to ward off lookiloo types who may come to peer through my windows.

There were no less than five more investor/potential buyer types that came by and parked, snapped a couple photos and drove off. One of them in a rather beat up van with about ten kids in the back (my low auction bid has brought everyone to the table, I guess) and all I could think about was how my plumbing here barely handles what I can throw at it: Good luck with a family of five flushing away! They can have it! The collapsing sewer lateral, the flooding basement, the bad electrical and the bad-ass neighborhood.

Er...so long as they let me live here another month!

Appraisals are this week, and inspections on the new place. FIngers crossed both go well....and that the tenants living in the place are in the process of moving out since they've been given notice.

Ok, gotta roll to bed. Gonna be a crazy week methinks.

freedomwon

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2010
California
Hi Pejutah - You're strong & you can do this. Yes, the stress is mounting this week & will test your patience. Lots of deep breaths & perhaps some meditation will be needed. Great idea to keep your blinds drawn while you continue to pack & get ready for the big move. Just keep reminding yourself of all that's wrong with the place & how that will no longer be a burden to you. You're going to be starting a new chapter in your life very soon & good things await you.

When my house sold at trustee sale to a 3rd party investor, the locks were changed the very next day. Luckily most of my stuff was already out, just some items remaining in the garage. No notice, no note from a real estate agent, nothing. I would advise you to stay home Fri & Sat so they don't change the locks on you when you're not home.

Hang in there. I know it's going to be a long week!

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
What!!!???????????????????????? Are you telling me i will be thrust out day after tomorrow???

Hi Pejutah - You're strong & you can do this. Yes, the stress is mounting this week & will test your patience. Lots of deep breaths & perhaps some meditation will be needed. Great idea to keep your blinds drawn while you continue to pack & get ready for the big move. Just keep reminding yourself of all that's wrong with the place & how that will no longer be a burden to you. You're going to be starting a new chapter in your life very soon & good things await you.

When my house sold at trustee sale to a 3rd party investor, the locks were changed the very next day. Luckily most of my stuff was already out, just some items remaining in the garage. No notice, no note from a real estate agent, nothing. I would advise you to stay home Fri & Sat so they don't change the locks on you when you're not home.

Hang in there. I know it's going to be a long week!

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY ARE GOING TO KICK ME OUT THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW???? WTF???? HELP! I CAN'T BE OUT BY THURSDAY!!! IF THEY COME, I'LL BE AT WORK.......WHAT IF I COME HOME AND THERE ARE NEW LOCKS??? THERE'S AN ALARM ON THE HOUSE! THERE'S A CAT IN THE HOUSE! FREEDOMWON, YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT!!!!

DO YOU THINK THAT THE INVESTOR WOULD NOT CONTACT ME IF THEY COULD CLEARLY SEE I'M STILL LIVING THERE???? DO YOU THINK YOUR LOCK CHANGE HAPPENED BECAUSE THEY KINDA KNEW YOU WERE ALREADY GONE??? orrrr???????

Tom, anyone else? Ideas????

WAY more stressed out now than I was ten minutes ago, and I thought I was pretty stressed out THEN!!!!:wacko:

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Hi Pejutah, Please relax; everything will be OK. FYI, only the sheriff can physically remove personal belongings, and only if it's pursuant to a court judgment and writ of possession. Anybody else would be committing a crime. The following is from my post # 446. "A new owner is granted legal title via a trustee's deed, but isn't granted legal possession of the premises. That must be gained by one of several means. The most likely are these: 1) the new owner makes a settlement offer, likely including an incentive for your voluntary vacating. This can be called C4K and it can be offered not only by the bank, but also by a 3rd party bid winner (like an investor or home purchaser). 2) Failing a settlement, the new owner would likely be forced to institute eviction proceedings. A savvy occupant can easily delay eviction for several months through legal ploys. Once the new owner realizes how much time and $$ the unlawful detainer action is costing him, the owner will likely offer a more favorable settlement."

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
Thanks Tom, I know, BUT!~~~~

Hi Pejutah, Please relax; everything will be OK. FYI, only the sheriff can physically remove personal belongings, and only if it's pursuant to a court judgment and writ of possession. Anybody else would be committing a crime. The following is from my post # 446. "A new owner is granted legal title via a trustee's deed, but isn't granted legal possession of the premises. That must be gained by one of several means. The most likely are these: 1) the new owner makes a settlement offer, likely including an incentive for your voluntary vacating. This can be called C4K and it can be offered not only by the bank, but also by a 3rd party bid winner (like an investor or home purchaser). 2) Failing a settlement, the new owner would likely be forced to institute eviction proceedings. A savvy occupant can easily delay eviction for several months through legal ploys. Once the new owner realizes how much time and $$ the unlawful detainer action is costing him, the owner will likely offer a more favorable settlement."

Thanks Tom, yes, I recall that post VIVIDLY which is why I had not been utterly freaking out, but then Freedomwon posted there that they changed locks with no notice etc.....and advised being at home Friday/Saturday in case they tried..... ! Would this be paranoid? I mean, my house has an alarm on it, and all my things etc.... Was Freedomwon's issue an illegal thing then?

Thanks again..and yeah, as another poster commented, you do indeed have Spidey Powers!

freedomwon

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2010
California
ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY ARE GOING TO KICK ME OUT THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW???? WTF???? HELP! I CAN'T BE OUT BY THURSDAY!!! IF THEY COME, I'LL BE AT WORK.......WHAT IF I COME HOME AND THERE ARE NEW LOCKS??? THERE'S AN ALARM ON THE HOUSE! THERE'S A CAT IN THE HOUSE! FREEDOMWON, YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT!!!!

DO YOU THINK THAT THE INVESTOR WOULD NOT CONTACT ME IF THEY COULD CLEARLY SEE I'M STILL LIVING THERE???? DO YOU THINK YOUR LOCK CHANGE HAPPENED BECAUSE THEY KINDA KNEW YOU WERE ALREADY GONE??? orrrr???????

Tom, anyone else? Ideas????

WAY more stressed out now than I was ten minutes ago, and I thought I was pretty stressed out THEN!!!!:wacko:
Hi Pejutah - My purpose in posting my personal experience is just that. While TomEason has cited the law to be correct, that didn't stop the investor on my house from breaking in & changing the locks. They simply have no regard for the law. The sale of my house took place at 3pm on a Thursday afternoon & when I showed up shortly before 5pm the next day, my locks had been changed, side gates padlocked & the electric garage opener had been disabled. I had no means to gain access to my house. I kept a presence with a vehicle in the driveway, flowers & door mat on the front porch. The lock change occurred during the day while I wasn't there which is why I recommend you stay home. With work being a long distance away, not much you can do if someone breaks in. Keep in mind, I was mostly moved into my new home & had very few items left at the house which were in the garage. If you have an alarm system activated, it would be foolish for them to break in. I did not have the alarm system turned on (although I probably should have).

YES, I DO THINK THE LOCK CHANGE MAY HAVE TAKEN PLACE BECAUSE THE INVESTOR PERSONALLY SAW ME MOVING. But was it legal to change my locks with no warning, NO. Just because he saw me moving doesn't give him the right to disregard the law. We made eye contact a number of times since he had also bought the house next door & was directing a work crew over there. I can't predict what the investor will do. Every situation is different. I am simply reporting what happened to me. Definitely keep your alarm system turned on. Keep in mind, the investor that bought my house was the bottom of the bottom feeders & being watched by the FBI. He was indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for mortgage foreclosure fraud.

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Hi Pejutah

Thanks Tom, yes, I recall that post VIVIDLY which is why I had not been utterly freaking out, but then Freedomwon posted there that they changed locks with no notice etc.....and advised being at home Friday/Saturday in case they tried..... ! Would this be paranoid? I mean, my house has an alarm on it, and all my things etc.... Was Freedomwon's issue an illegal thing then? Thanks again..and yeah, as another poster commented, you do indeed have Spidey Powers!
Spidey Powers huh, lol. Thanks. What happened to freedomwon won't happen to you. Why? Because it was evident she had vacated and moved all their furniture and belongs out of the house. Although she had a few things in the garage, they weren't visible and the house was empty. If it's apparent an occupant has vacated, an owner can legally take possession of the property. While freedomwon advises otherwise, if it were me, I'd make it possible to see through the window coverings in at least one window so it's obvious to the looker the house is still occupied and not abandoned.

Last edited:

freedomwon

LoanSafe Member
Oct 30, 2010
California
Spidey Powers huh, lol. Thanks. What happened to freedomwon won't happen to you. Why? Because it was evident she had vacated and moved all their furniture and belongs out of the house. Although she had a few things in the garage, they weren't visible and the house was empty. If it's apparent an occupant has vacated, an owner can legally take possession of the property. While freedomwon advises otherwise, if it were me, I'd make it possible to see through the window coverings in at least one window so it's obvious to the looker the house is still occupied and not abandoned.
Pejutah - TomEason has proposed a GREAT IDEA! Strategically leave a blind or 2 open so they can see the place is obviously occupied. I had every blind drawn so there was no way they could see in. Not even a peak through a side corner. I made it impossible for anyone to get a look into the house. I can only guess that in my case, the investor alerted the locksmith the property was vacant. Either that or the locksmith just took his chances. I'll never really know for sure.

Pejutah

LoanSafe Member
Sep 18, 2011
Bay Area, California
ok----I'll try to stop the panicking....

Ok....thanks Tom....I will try the window covering thing and see how that goes. I usually keep 'em closed during the day, coz well, it's Vallejo and people look in windows to steal things...but will lock up the valuables and take chances. Maybe leave a blind pulled back here and there...or the dormer on the closet that has a window open.

And Freedomwon, I do know you posted it informationally. I appreciate that...but man, ya freaked me out!

In other ridiculous news, at about six, my man called to say he'd be by about seven for a de-stress Pejutah dinner. So, at seven thirty there's a knock on the door, and I think it's him. BIG ASS MISTAKE. It's yet another, as Freedomwon says, BOTTOM FEEDER.

It's PITCH dark outside and here's this man on my porch with a headlamp on his head skulking about my porch! I was FLOORED! DAMN! I can't believe he got me to open the danged door! I was stupified. He was reading my little missive on the wall about all that is wrong with the house and asked me if it was true. I said yes. All of it and more. "But it's a CUTE little house." I told him he'd need a raft for when the roof and basement leak...and that I hoped he was handy with knob and tube. He had a HUGE list of places from some site called auction dot com.....a site I now hate, of course.

I told him I thought it was incredible that people were actually brazen enough to come knock on the foreclosed homeowners door after dark.
Just about then, my man showed up and basically said: Get off the property, leave her alone, and get out of here right now. The guy turned tail off my porch and left....but was parked across my driveway so, my guy went out and basically opened some neanderthal on him to get a move on.....

I'm such a VERY non confrontational sort of woman, and I dislike conflict. All this end game stuff seems full of the unknown and the lowest of the low. I reminded my dude that this guy he just told to F-off, may indeed be the next owner and I want to not be booted out if he bought the place owing to this.

Paranoid, a tad, I know....but there ya go.
Funny, this whole walk has been simple so far....easy other than the credit stuff and the stress of the unknown. NOW that tomorrow is the sale date, and these creeps are wandering all over my property IN SPITE OF THE THREE NO TRESPASSING signs in my yard and on the house....well....
Well it just ain't right, you know? It just ain't right.....

TomEason

LoanSafe Guide
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area CA
Pejutah

Hi Pejutah, Thanks for your post. Not sure why you bothered to speak with this uninvited visitor. But, again, I recommend you not ID yourself. Don't answer any questions or engage in any conversation. Say only this one thing, "Get off this property immediately and never again return" or something like that. But nothing more. You might add "if you do return, I'll call the police." Oh and don't say get off "my property"; call it "the or this property". If you say "my property" the nosy visitor will conclude you're the owner. Keep in mind that you have no obligation to answer any questions.