Are You A Washington Walker? Meet here!

Pippsquike

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2013
Yes!
Sorry I forgot to update!
So apparently because my husband is deceased (and on the loan) and no probate was completed, they had to file judicially because they do not know who has interest in the proberty. I had an attorney look over the summons to help interpret for me.
So at the moment this is where it sits:
They are waving their right to a deficiency judgement if foreclosure isn't disputed and I wave the 9 month redemption period.
at the moment I think we are just sitting and waiting and not responding and letting them get the judgement. (As I do not want the house)

In May my lender received a Decree of Foreclosure by default. (finally!)
I never responded to the summons for the Judicial foreclosure.
I have yet received any information on a Sheriff's sale. I only received a copy of the final Decree from their Default hearing in the mail.
Has any one gone judicially on a foreclosure? I'm curious how long it will take to finally sell the thing? It's just sitting empty and I want the process over to get the darn thing done and start rebuilding my credit. Which ironically is looking way better than when I started this foreclosure but I know it'll take a hit once it's completed.

Pippsquike

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2013
Welp!
In January 2017 my lender bought the house at the Sheriff's sale.
It reported completed on my credit this month... and my credit is finally starting the upward trend!! woot!
I have a 8 month redemption period on the house.
Has anyone sold their house during their redemption time? (curious if that's an option as I have had someone approach me who really wants to buy it, their children live on the property next door)

Pippsquike

LoanSafe Member
Mar 22, 2013
I just realized I never came back and updated!
We have I think a pretty unique circumstances here.
The new buyer hired and paid for a realestate attorney to help with paperwork etc, and he'd never heard of this happening (as well as the lady at the Sherriff's office who was a big help also)
So the house foreclosed judicially (due to estate and minors involved) was sold at auction and the lender bought the house at auction for $143,000 (Owed around $220,000)
a nice couple who had been watching the house (their kids bought the 40 acre lot next to ours and built a house a year after I had stopped paying and moved out) approached me during the redemption period. They fronted the redemption money and I bought the house out of redemption and then signed it over to them (for a $10.00 on paper) As of June it's there's.
My credit is better than it's ever been, and I couldn't have hand written a better ending to our story!

Reactions: Moe Bedard

Moe Bedard

Call 1-800-779-4547
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Aug 10, 2007
Southern California
www.loansafe.org
Congratulations! What a great ending. Thanks for sharing your story on LoanSafe.