APPROVED for HAMP, but now...LOST my JOB.

CandleFengShui

LoanSafe Member
Hello, I really don't know what to do. I was approved for HAMP to get started on a trial period. The terms are excellent and I want to do it. But now I was laid off from my job. Can I still sign the document and start trial payments? Or do I have to tell my mortgage lender that I was laid off and then they will deny my HAMP? I can 100% make these new trial payments!! They are way lower than my initial mortgage. And my partner has been given a raise at his job which also will help. Thanks in adavance!

Javagold

LoanSafe Member
Absolutely pay those 3 trial payments and say nothing. Then when your modification becomes permanent you will have bought yourself much needed time to assess where you are.

CandleFengShui

LoanSafe Member
I do wonder if I will have to re-give them any paystubs at the end of the trial. I know we will have to get some kind of document signed and notarized. I already have a new job and I will be making more money. Is this considered fraud? Will they ever be able to find out if we don't tell them? Feeling somewhat un-nerved at the moment.