About LoanSafe.org and My Mission

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
LoanSafe.org protects, strengthens and promotes homeownership by giving American homeowners the tools and help to stop foreclosure on the internet. The Loan Safe Website Network was formed in the response to the need for a website/forum to improve communication amongst lenders, non-profit's and homeowners that are seeking assistance.

LoanSafe.org's mission is to protect and promote homeownership through a grass roots campaign via the internet and the influence, accountability, and effectiveness of the loan workout and loan modification process with mortgage servicers in a manner that builds their capacity and effectiveness to accomplish their missions and reach members of their communities and the visibility, idealism, and value of helping American's stop foreclosure.

LoanSafe.org plans to be national "safe haven" leader on the internet, creating nationwide responses to the serious challenges facing nonprofit organizations in the war to protect homeowners.

Promote Safe Loan Modification Standards.....

We believe that the loan modification process can beneficial to both the consumer and lender when it is done for long term affordability.

Preserve the American Dream.....

Homeownership has and always will be part of the American Dream. We strive to fix loans and keep people in their homes. An outcome that is beneficial to all parties involved.

Maintain Communication......

Communication is the #1 most critical activity during the foreclosure process. Loan Safe bridges the divide between borrowers and servicers by acting as an intermediary and advocate of mitigating loss for all parties involved. We utilize our network of consumer friendly not for profit websites like LoanSafe.org and LoanWorkout.org to educate and connect consumers with their servicers. To date we have assisted over 100 people in saving their homes for free.

Minimize Loss to All Parties.....

No one wins in foreclosure. No one wins by playing hard ball. In order to effectively create solutions, all parties need to come to the table with the common goal of mediating damage in the most proficient and cost effective way possible. Whether that be a loan modification, short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure, it is possible that everyone can come out of the process a winner.

Real Solutions.....

LoanSafe.org is the safe choice.

CAbooboo

LoanSafe Member
Good afternoon Moe ..

First -
Thank you for approving my request to join the Loan Safe Family. Forgive me if I've posted this incorrectly. I'm a bit frazzeled, dazed .. confused ... and in dire need of assistance.

Second
I'm in active foreclosure AND bankruptcy (chapter 7). Suffice it to say, I had no other choice to stop the sale - and preserve my home (or anything for that matter). NOTE: I filed myself (yikes) and continue to be unrepresented.

Because of BK hearing deadline(s) I am frantic! I was able to consult w/ one attorney who at least confirmed my thoughts - loan/foreclosure aspect was worth looking in to for fraud. Her meeting bought me some time as the hearing was postponed.

Second hearing: I needed add creditors. Trustee also said to correct schedule C - and she kindly set the next hearing date. Yes ... it's this Wednesday January 25th 2:30 PM, Sacramento CA. And no, I've not completed my "homework". Sigh ... I was h
opeful in the interim I'd find a competent person I could trust to review my case. NOT.

I'm beyond overwhelmed. My income's nosedived. I'm self-employed. I've spent countless hours researching and believe I've a good case. It's the darn BK - that I didn't wanna file in the first place - that's giving me Deer in Headlight syndrome.
I need to buy more time and I don't know how. I'm praying you may point me in the right direction. So much info and a barrage of mailers - don't know who to turn to.

Cliff note version of my mortgage debacle:

Land was deeded to me in 2004.
Indymac construction loan in 2005
Converted to World Savings pick-a-default date in May 2006. ($412K)
2007 got an ELOC ($72K) Until recently, 1st and 2nd were w/ Wells).
Loan mod(s) in 2011 HAMP (Wachovia and/or Wells)
Keep Your Home CA (a nightmare) in 2014. (lien of $23K)

Also - Personal income tax liens close to $100K. (Majority Federal - BK messed up Offer n Compromise)

Currently - Both loans in default for over a year.
Trustee: Barrett Daffin Frappier Treder & Weiss LLP

Sale date - July 20, 2016 (DUAL TRACKING - IMHO)
Wells was reviewing a loan mod. The NOS
caused me to lose two roommates (who
BTW were part of the income review) Brought to their attention - they denied any
wrongdoing.

Sale date - November 4, 2016 - 9:30 am
Filed Chapter 7 the same day, 15 minutes prior to auction

Since Chapter 7 filed - Sale postponed to: January 6, 2017
BK hearing re-scheduled so another postponement - present
Sale date -
February 7th. 2017

* Found it interesting that on December 5, 2016, County records show
one lofty Assignment of DOT naming (in order of appearance)
World Savings
Wachovia
Wells Fargo; and finally
PROF 2013 S-3 Legal Title Trust IV, US Bank National Association

Notified Fay Servicing now services the 1st loan
RE: the ELOC - I think Wells still services .. not sure of the owner

On a personal note
In 2016, one of my two fur children (dogs) suddenly passed away (a heartache I still can't bear). I was hospitalized 5 days - infection in finger which is deformed and needs future surgery. (I'm a health agent and had/have no coverage - go figure). As if not enough, my sister was diagnosed in June and died of brain cancer in September. She and my niece live(d) next door. Thankful I was able to care for my sister and now lend moral support to my niece. Anyway ...

Sorry this is so long. Along w/ my (unpaid) need to research the crud outta everything, I'm consumed w/
writing, editing, then re-writing, re-editing, condensing.. blah blah blah. Becomes a gynormous consumption of time! (Not good for someone who struggles w/ time management to begin with). 'Tis me and my surviving kid (one canine) and thankfully a 76-yr old roomie who's keeping the lights on - and heat! I'm exhausted but will never give up. I've locked the conversation; however, you've my permission to forward. Your site and forums have re-ignited my faith and hope!

Thank you for taking the time to read. I look forward to your response.

Colleen

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Hello Colleen,

Welcome to the LoanSafe community and thanks for sharing your story. I know that this can be vert stressful and confusing.

I have counseled thousands of people like you over the last 9 years who were in similar situations. To be 100% honest with you, there are no easy solutions and or assistance that can help save you. They are all just delay tactics of the inevitable which is foreclosure.

The main problem in keeping your home is your income. There is no way a BK judge and or the mortgage servicer will approve a loan modification for you to stay in the home which is your best bet.

A foreclosure defense based on fraud etc is very hard to litigate and prove. You would need an expert lawyer to do so which would cost a lot of money. In the end, 100% of the people I know who tries this approach lost their cases. They not only lost the case, they lost all their money.

The solution is to somehow make more money and try to get a loan mod or prepare mentally and physically to move elsewhere.

That is about it. I wish I had more advice and could help, but I do not want to give you false hope.

avakash patel

LoanSafe Member
Hey Mo i am new to this website. So far it has been very helpful.
My question is:
I am in a forbearance program with Chase due to unemployment. I have had 2 six month periods and am wondering if they will grant
me another. In the mean time my loan has been transferred to SLS .
My loan $80,000 plus HELOC of $105,000 and the value of my home is $1,700,000.
I have tried to refinance, but have been told i have to bring 12 months arrears current before any bank will talk to me.
Can you advise.

Avakash

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Hello Avakash,

They might grant you another extension, but it is highly unlikely.

If you only owe $185k, I would consider selling the home ASAP before you lose it to foreclosure. Do you have any prospects for employment or income?

avakash patel

LoanSafe Member
Hello Avakash,

They might grant you another extension, but it is highly unlikely.

If you only owe $185k, I would consider selling the home ASAP before you lose it to foreclosure. Do you have any prospects for employment or income?
My Wife works, and our household income is $60,000. Will a chapter 13 filing help. The house and assets are held in a living trust.
Are there any other solutions for me apart from selling ?
Thanks

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
You probably would not qualify for a chapter 13 bankruptcy because you have to be able to afford to pay your creditors over a 5 year period. Mortgage are also often not included in a chapter 13.

Is your wife on the mortgage?

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
OK, then you can qualify for a loan modification and you should keep trying to do so. The problem is that a loan modification is not mandatory and is a privilege. They know you have equity and they may deny you so they can try and take your home back.

avakash patel

LoanSafe Member
OK, then you can qualify for a loan modification and you should keep trying to do so. The problem is that a loan modification is not mandatory and is a privilege. They know you have equity and they may deny you so they can try and take your home back.
Thanks for your reply and advise.
Will try loan modification and keep forum advised of results.

J Leigh

LoanSafe Member
Hi Moe

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this forum. This is my situation:

I defaulted on my original mortgage May 2011. I filed for bankruptcy and my mortgage debt was discharged. I was told I could get a loan modification to prevent foreclosure. I tried to work with Bank of America for 2 years to get a loan modification. I received several denials given a different reason each time. BOA filed a Summons and Complaint against me Oct 2013 but did not serve me until May 2014. I obtained an attorney and filed an answer. I received notice from the Judge Nov 2014 that my foreclosure could proceed. In June 2015 I was finally granted a loan modification and the foreclosure stopped. I am now in the same difficult financial situation and cannot make my loan modification payments. Right now I feel just to let it foreclose this time. The neighborhood isn't what it used to be, my house will never be sold for what is owed right now, and frankly I don't want to fight for another loan modification. I would like to know how long I have to reside in my home until BOA forecloses. I was told that because I worked with BOA on a loan modification halted the foreclosure process so it would be shorter time to foreclose and then I was told it could be 3 years since NY is a judicial state. I have kids and although they are older I really need to know how long I have?

Moe Bedard

Call 619-379-8999
Staff member
Loan Safe Mortgage
Hi Moe

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this forum. This is my situation:

I defaulted on my original mortgage May 2011. I filed for bankruptcy and my mortgage debt was discharged. I was told I could get a loan modification to prevent foreclosure. I tried to work with Bank of America for 2 years to get a loan modification. I received several denials given a different reason each time. BOA filed a Summons and Complaint against me Oct 2013 but did not serve me until May 2014. I obtained an attorney and filed an answer. I received notice from the Judge Nov 2014 that my foreclosure could proceed. In June 2015 I was finally granted a loan modification and the foreclosure stopped. I am now in the same difficult financial situation and cannot make my loan modification payments. Right now I feel just to let it foreclose this time. The neighborhood isn't what it used to be, my house will never be sold for what is owed right now, and frankly I don't want to fight for another loan modification. I would like to know how long I have to reside in my home until BOA forecloses. I was told that because I worked with BOA on a loan modification halted the foreclosure process so it would be shorter time to foreclose and then I was told it could be 3 years since NY is a judicial state. I have kids and although they are older I really need to know how long I have?
Hello J Leigh!

You are welcome! I just answered you in your other forum posting so let's discuss your question on that thread.